WubbaLubbaDubDub's Garden

In the middle of lights out, turn on the light for a hour. This should keep the plant in veg, if you don’t have a strain that herms when you sneeze.

8 Likes

I’ve honestly read about it over at another site and it seems like a interesting idea. I’ll have to DM you and talk in more detail.
I don’t plan on using lights for these outdoor plants all cycle just until they get a little bigger and I know it’s gonna be a little warmer out.

6 Likes

Nice looking plant. Looks like it’s gonna be a good yield for sure with all those branches especially if you keep he outside.

4 Likes

That gas lantern technique has peeked my interest for quite some time. Fascinating stuff.

4 Likes

I’m down to try the gas lantern technique next indoor grow for sure.
I don’t know how it would work if I’m technically getting almost 16 hours of sun a day right now. My garage is blocking the evening sun. And I don’t plan on using lights much longer out here.

I imagine you wouldn’t want to try the GLT on autos though right?

Edit- also in our private msg you said this technique might not be the best for hermi prone strains. That worries me a little because some of the seeds I have are from unknown sources and may be hermi prone(won’t know till I run them)
I had a really good producing papaya from a bagseed, I forgot a light on in flower and she hermed crossing with my northern lights I had going. I will run those seeds knowing the risk of herm but I think I’m too scared to try GLT on those ones.

4 Likes

could care less about the yeild game but saving money on electric might be nice, but doubt i’ll try it, have tried something similar lol

2 Likes

Day 38 of flower.
Both the afghani#1 are having some deficiencies and i think it’s from all the low ppm rainwater. I dosed some calmag and a pinch of Epsom salt I hope they pick up.

Other two are doing good though

25 Likes

Are you checking the pH of your rainwater? It can be pretty low depending on the air quality it passes thru on the way to the ground. Oxides of sulphur and nitrogen from industry and vehicles can make it very acidic. The acid rain that used to kill lakes in eastern Canada could be as acidic as lemon juice.

They’re looking pretty good otherwise!

:peace:

7 Likes

Well thats a Good point I haven’t checked in awhile!
Here’s my tap 7.8ish

Here’s my water bucket I aerate in my grow room until use,it’s mostly rain water but it’s always topped up with rain or tap. Sometimes there’s a mosquito dunk in there. 7.2ish

And here’s straight rain from the barrel.
I clean my eastrough couple times a year.

6.8ish

Not that low from the looks of it?

12 Likes

:+1:
That’s a great reading!
Obviously you’re not down-wind of a coal fired electrical plant… Mind you, I think most have scrubbers nowadays.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Every year that I get a head start in the garden it snows!

Had to bring stuff in the garage and cover everything else with burlap

11 Likes

I wish I could do some growing outside. That’s coming down the road though. Please Lord!
:wink:

7 Likes

The rain water is just barely acid and needs more pH down to get it right so not bad. Would be better if it was something like 6.0 or lower then you could mix it with tap water to zero it in.

The wife planted 1750 garlic of 12 types last fall and they’re up already. Supposed to snow tonight, but she says they’ll be fine. Has half of them sold already for $3.50 each.

11 Likes

We had 80 and sunny here. Looks like we lucked.
:green_heart::seedling:

3 Likes

I’m jealous of you guys.I’ve got two bins of purple Persian garlic.
Just 24inch by 18inch so not lots. I’ll take photos one day.

5 Likes

Damn look at all that open space!

4 Likes

I would be going ham out there planting every thing in the vault!

5 Likes

All that open space is the farmer’s field that surrounds us. Had to sic Environment Canada on the f’er last year for spraying shit when the wind was blowing our way. They must have tuned him up a bit because he’s being careful about the wind direction and informing us about when and what he’s spraying.

We only have 7.5 acres and most of that is soggy poplar woods. Big dugout on the property for our water supply.

Out in my belly boat putting a new screen on the water intake while the ice sneaks up behind me. Our closest neighbour is in that clump of trees you can see in the distance. Looking southeast in this pic.

12 Likes

Cold or WHAT!
There’s a joke that I would love to make if it were just us guys. But no.

:innocent:

2 Likes

I got my neoprene chest waders on for that. I’ve had the boat and waders since 1984 and still good. New 20" truck tube for the boat every 5 years or so. Still gets cold after a while tho.

2 Likes