WubbaLubbaDubDub's Garden

Nothing new to show in the weed tent so I’ll show the new led in the cacti tent, This is like 30% power.
No name AOPO led fixture 450watt two meanwell drivers pretty decent though.

Some of these are getting pretty big!

18 Likes

Is that the San Pedro cactus? The one that has mescaline?

3 Likes

All of them except 3 are mescaline cacti.
The 3 normal ones are the white hairy’old man cacti’, the tallest yellow one in the Bottom back left and the golden barrel cacti in the back right

The tall one pictured is a Peruvian torch, I mostly have PT. I started a San Pedro from eBay seeds and I’m not sure if it will turn out to be pure or a hybrid.
I also recently got a Bolivian torch,2 variety’s of peyote.

Edit-
Im willing to ship PT If anyone wants to get into the hobby, Just cover shipping.
Also willing to trade bigger PT for other variety’s I don’t own

12 Likes

How long does it take to grow out. I know peyote takes YEARS.

4 Likes

Hard to say, I bought 5 PT and a peyote in 2009 in Vancouver from Marc Emery’s store.
I had no idea what I was doing and killed the peyote and two PT within a couple months.
I learned a bit and the last 3 PT we’re doing okay.
I had to shut down my life and ship out for work for ‘awhile’ and they got left forgotten about for 3 years in a east window at my mothers house.
So about 3.5 years ago I’m like ‘wonder how those cacti are doing?’
Two survived and I’ve been propagating them ever since.
So in 3.5 years you can cut enough pups to fill a 2X2.5 tent almost from two plants that were just hanging on.

Edit- Holy I didn’t buy those cacti in 2019 it was 2009 jesus I’m getting old!

5 Likes

Day 42 not much to show
Maltezerz

Godberry(I touched it getting a pic,holy actually has a hashy berry smell!)

The afghani got that burn a couple weeks ago but they okay otherwise

17 Likes

I wish I had the patience to grow some of those cacti.
Your plants are looking good bro.

3 Likes

Those are some good looking plants bro💪🏿

3 Likes

Would these grow well outside? I would pretty interested if so. While they aren’t legal, I can’t imagine anyone being able to identify anything funny given all the other cacti I own.

2 Likes

Depending where you live they grow naturally in some parts of Ontario(peyote) and Texas.
San Pedro is a super common yard cacti in the warmer states
Spain is known to support most variety’s too, basically anywhere warm and dry, without/minimal frost can support them

Also I put mine outside all summer, just waiting for the frost to F off

3 Likes

Ok. Let’s work something out on shipping. I can give you some seeds too for a cutting. I would love to try and see if I can grow some. I’m in southern california so it’s a pretty good climate for cacti.

3 Likes

Dm me I’ll take a cutting today/tonight
and get it corking on a shelf.

3 Likes

Beautiful man. Just went through your thread. I didn’t know you had the Scorpion Diablos. Nice plants too. You’ve got a green thumb.

2 Likes

Thanks man it’s my first run with these leds and there has been a steep learning curve for sure.
I learned 30-40% scorpion Diablo at 27-30 inches shocks the F out of plants when they’re used to 400watt MH at 16-18 inches and a couple Sunblaster LEDs at 12inches.

2 Likes

A cutting of the cacti? How do you get it to grow roots?

1 Like

I hear ya. I still underestimate these boards.

1 Like

I’ll have to upload pictures of the fast and dirty way to take a cutting of PT and the proper way with a razor blade.
After cutting you gotta let it scar(cork) over, it needs indirect light(not bright) and airflow. The shade outside works(I use my DVD shelf in my living room), I like to use a rack to make sure airflow is happening under the cacti.
It generally takes a week per inch(wide) of cacti to scar over. Once it’s scared/corked over your safe to ship it.

You can keep waiting for roots to show at this point or you can put it on/in a pot of soil and don’t water it.
At this point(if it’s in/on soil you can start working it towards the light source slowly.

It usually starts to show root nubs in 1.5-2 weeks

5 Likes

That sounds really cool man.

2 Likes

Here’s the fast and dirty puruvian torch cutting method.

I usually take from this spot once a year
I like the curved scissors if I’m not using a razor or scalpel.
And I keep it in my south facing living room out of any direct light

If you want to cut larger pieces I suggest a very sharp knife with a thin blade, one nice clean cut, no being lazy scissor BS

8 Likes

Thanks for the demo :+1:

2 Likes