Yield/veg time for living soil?

Let’s say in a 15 gallon pot, coots mix with a good yielder from seed, how long would you veg before flipping? Or what yield would you expect out of 15 gallons?

2 Likes

If size isn’t a factor (grow space) general rule of thumb is a plant is happiest in a container which fits its size. Imagine a root structure similar to the plants structure but mirrored under the soil.

Deciding when to flower is always up to you. However a comfortable time to switch would be when the roots meet the walls of its container. So once the plants stretched to the ‘same size’ of the pot - I’d say you could ‘comfortably’ switch there.

But keep in mind, it’s completely variable - you can switch to flower with a seedling in a massive pot or a super vegged girl in a solo cup.

4 Likes

GhostOfSubcool? What made you pick that name? As for your question, way to many variables to answer that with any kind of accuracy.

14 Likes

I agree … Id hate to say it’s almost bad form.

As far as your 15 gal pot you want a plant that’s gonna utilize the whole thing… I’d veg probably 60 days before flip for a monster plant… the yield however is subjective and will vary from plant to plant no matter how you grow them

16 Likes

Too soon for a name like that

RIP @Subcool

11 Likes

Yes :arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:

9 Likes

It is never a good idea to disrespect those that have moved on from this life.

5 Likes

yeah … especially if you plan on cashing in on it :thinking:

to each his own, i guess …

3 Likes

Maybe it’s emulation from admiration

idk

risky choice tho lol

5 Likes

Indeed it is, that’s gonna be a tough one to get past.

2 Likes

A person is a sum of choices not a singular action

we don’t even know context yet

2 Likes

Very true, I guess we’ll see.

5 of these are in 10 gals and 3 are in 5s the 10 gallons got 45days of veg and the 5s got 25-30

expecting anywhere from 3-4lbs out of an 8x4 but this is my first time using 10gallon grow bags so I’m hopefully underestimating. I typically hit around 1.5lb out a 4x4 area with a decently full but far from crowded canopy regardless of container size, grow medium or method

5 Likes

I’m gonna go out on limb and guess the name likely comes from a mix of youthful hubris, admiration and a lack of awareness for the feelings of those who might’ve known him in the community rather than intentional disrespect.

4 Likes

I’m gonna go further out on a limb and guess the name comes from an intention to troll and tell people they’re growing wrong, and that they need to stop pushing calcium and thereby locking out potassium and boron because that’s causing their weed to smell wrong. @Westcoastcroppers is back again! Haven’t we all missed him?

7 Likes

for yields figure 1 oz per gallon per pot size 15oz’s at least or more or less depends on your growting method

1 Like

Yeah, I find this particularly disturbing.

5 Likes