Zephyr grows and creates

no worries about posting here, that’s exactly what the thread is for. feel free to pm me as well if you like.
Are those the f2’s made by nube?
as I understand it that is also the same stock that was available as a freebie from james bean co.

I just grew 5 of those in my outdoor grow this year, heavily seeded with f2 stock of bodhi’s blueberry hahsplant. very nice resin production, but a little leafy compared to my f1. because they are so heavily seeded I’ve been processing the whole harvest into hash, with great results.

19 Likes

Ohh that’s beautiful ! I knew I was on to something,with the preliminaries haha ! And thank you !I would love to have enough to make some hash ! I’m so inspired right now ! And I do believe I am running torontokes DS gear f2s ! And they are beautiful !
I’d be very interested in seeing your new cross with the blueberry HP ! Have you run any yet ?.edit.i do have a comprehension issue,head injury, apologies
I went ,a cut of everything that was in the flower room got a little dust from my single untested DS male, Including two SSDD phenos,they have prolific resin production ! And terpy as hell ! Not sure how many took,i missed the whole room last time I tried ! ,I only found a small handful of males from those seeds,can’t remember how many I’ve started possibly 20-25 ,lost all males ,but one,I am debating on cracking some more in the name of diversity !(?) ,I have 3 seedlings (f3) from my number 4 so we will see how the stack ! And smell ! And I love everything about the high ! Absolutely therapeutic ! Hits all the bells ! And very long-legged !
Appreciate your time brother !
Peace and love !

5 Likes

Those are some good looking flowers very nice. I have yet to try any stardawg or stardawg hybrids it would be nice to have a narcotic line most of the stuff I have is very sativa as I like to smoke all day but I am really trying to make an effort to even out my seed stash with something narcotic to end the day with.

5 Likes

Man you got all kinds of interesting stuff very cool.

2 Likes

Strayfox’s Care Package
(krush x old mother ghani) x fantasy island [purple urkle x appalachia]

I’m currently starting a pack of strayfox’s care package, which is bodhi’s old mother ghani x krush crossed to a male pheno of bodhi’s fantasy island. It’s an interesting blend of some of bodhi’s earlier work, and one of the few strains I was able to find which specifically mentioned it does well outdoors.

I love purple urkle, and all of bodhi’s appalachia hybrids are pretty awesome. It looks like the old mother ghani x krush was a bodhi tester grown by stray. Here’s a collection of posts I found when I was making notes on the lineage of the Care Package

Bodhi on Old Mother Ghani-

omg is a seedline i got long ago as old afghani from a private collector.

its a beautiful lemon spice classic vintage commercial afghani. leans more to the hindu kush side then the acrid leathery stout plains afghani. has a perfect mind/body mix. i use both a male and a female from the line, the male is so resinous you can make hash from him.

Bodhi on Krush-

krush: 16 week monster afghani sativa with mystic powers…

Strayfox on the Krush x old mother ghani bodhi tester

shes really putting out some funky citrus, backwoods bug spray aromas with hints of warm vanilla and sultry musk to calm the excitement…
lots of leaves and tons of bud sites…small flowers, but shes still got some time to show what shes got…

shes very branchy with small flowers…shes leaning hard on the saty side but the smoke is 50/50…im feelin a mix of the indy effect for sure…

aroma…
im getting very strong sharpie marker aroma with a warm blend of black vanilla evergreen pine scent, that will make ur nose hairs curl in seconds…

medical effect…
the smoke is very smooth…inhale aroma with the same exhale aroma.

2 hits were very chill relaxed with an uppity up beat effect…after a big bowl of cereal, and layin down tryin to close my eyes, I noticed I started feeling very giggly…this is happy weed…

perfect for stressed out days, depressed, ptsd and stomach issues…have not had anyone try it for chemo as of yet…

iMO…i have a feelin that this strain might run a lot better outdoor then in…as for stability …shes very stable…

big thanks to Bodhi for putting these in my garden…this is the first saty ive come to love…as for looks…shes not to pretty…but with the lights off…shes an eye catcher from the green gods…lol

bro…i had the krush cross and made the strongest lemon bubble hash ive ever made…
the aroma is a little strong on the citrus side for me but the medical effect is one of my favorites to date…
i tried to tame my beast indoors but outdoors is where its happening with this cross…

Bodhi on stray’s tester report

awesome…
you braved her indoors like a champ…
looks like she could not figure out if she wanted to be a sat or an indy…
battle of the ghanis, who’s genes will dominate…
highland or lowland…
enjoy!

Stayfox’s description of the Care Package (krush x omg) x fantasy island

This is pure bag appeal at its finest…
Old mother ghani-krush was definitely put here for the outdoor growers by Bodhiseeds…she kicks out big long branches with rich citrus lemon pledge buds that have some crazy terp profiles…. when you add bodhi’s fantasy island stud to the mix, he adds bigger/thicker buds and a red guava berry scent with sweet grape kushy notes…

3 fun phenos to play with.

50% one pheno stacks hard with big long totem pole buds that smell of red guava blueberries.

30% second pheno, stays short, no branching and the whole plant is a big cola of red passion fruit with lemon orchid notes

20% third pheno, leans hard on the krush side with small tighter flowers and big monster fan leaves that kick out super strong lemon citrus. this one needs to be outdoors or in a bigger pot for room to stretch her roots.

The happy effect is a perfect balance for high quality daytime smoke. to much will have you taking a very long nap.
its great for stress, anxiety, migraines, and sleep depravation …

If u wanna control this beast indoors, she’s ready. this is a polyhybrid from the green gods.

20 Likes

That coffee shop pheno sound freaking amazing. Your description makes me what to go hunting for one. Lol

I also lean on heavy indica’s for my back and nerve pain. I much prefer mj over the opioid pain killers they give me.

5 Likes

I’ve run a strain of his called aborigine from several years ago. It’s omg/krush with yeti. Very good yielding strain and nice to grow. Didn’t personally love the smoke, but everything else was great.

5 Likes

This looks amazing, would you see potential in this or pass on it due to instability issues?

2 Likes

very interesting, good info lefthand. Personally I’m not surprised you didn’t like the smoke because I’ve always hated the headband (aka the yeti). It gave me an instant headache and borderline paranoia with very little high.

I’m curious whether that reflects on the OMG x krush as well though. How would you describe the effect of the aborigine?

I had considered selecting a male from this pack, but now I’m planning on doing a pure lebanese open pollination to preserve my lebanese ibl. I’m growing out both selections of my ibl, f1’s and f2’s of my dank sinatra x lebanese hybrid, and the rest of my original 2014 lebanese import stock from real seed company.

I was thinking this care package strain could be an interesting hybrid with the lebanese because it seems to have both broad leaf and narrow leaf afghani in its genetics.

if you’re interested, here’s the old tester thread on the krush x old mother ghani by strayfox. he actually mentions pollinating the plants with the yeti, so these must be the mothers of the cross you grew.
https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/krush-old-mother-ghani-testers.201363072/#post-760612

11 Likes

I definitely think this had potential, I hoped bodhi would continue to use that female for other hybrids. This hybrid had bananas on several phenos, but they never produced seeds, and there were no balls.
I would love to try this female crossed to a modern indica that is easy to grow indoors.

Fortunately bodhi released the ethiopian paintbrush x omg. the paintbrush is a sister plant to the ethiopian banana. his description of it sounded like the #2 pheno of my ethiopian banana, which was an amazing and unique plant. It was a very limitied supernatural selections release, there were only a few packs available from each seed bank and they sold immediately.

9 Likes

Thanks Dank-D, I’m starting a handful of the f2 seeds from that pheno at the moment.
That coffee shop pheno had the closest resemblance to the dank sinatra mother, so I’m hoping for some strong dank sinatra afghani traits in these f2’s. I’ll be sure to post some updates as the plants develop.

6 Likes

I’ve never tried the headband, but I’m on the fence about if I would like it or not. I have some yeti seeds to try sometime. I’m a big fan of sour d, but I really don’t like og kush. I find the og kush high to be very generic and boring. I don’t feel like it evokes concentration, euphoria, creativity, relaxation or even just stoney, happiness. I usually go for those things when I reach for a bottle.

And I kind of felt the same way about Aborigine. It’s a knockout in yield and potency, but just didn’t find anything that stuck out to me when I smoked it. I think with some inbreeding, it might be a great starting point for breeding to more flavorful strains. But like an og for me, looks better than it works. All personal preference, of course. It might be exactly the strain someone else is looking for.

10 Likes

thanks again for the info. based on your description it does sound like the effect was pretty heavily influenced by the yeti. it seems like it’s pretty common for the afghani aspects to get drowned out by the high of a modern hybrid in this type of hybrid.
It will be interesting to sample the care package in the fall and see how this shapes up. I haven’t found any grow report for this pack, but with cannabis you never really know what to expect until you smoke it.

8 Likes

Ah yep that’s gotta be it. Nice find! He released them as the strain “aborigine”, but it’s hard to find much other info on it. Seems about the right time frame though. I remember I got it about the time he first started selling strains on GLG. I hadn’t heard of him, so I figured I’d pick one and give it a shot. Knew next to nothing other than that.

If you’re specifically interested in OMG, I might be able to find some Cherry Queen F2s for you. That’s a fully afghan strain and half is OMG.

6 Likes

That would be awesome lefthand.
Are there any lines in my grow journal that you’re interested in? I’d be happy to give you a selection of my seed projects.
I’ll be sending you a package when the guava x purple paralyzer project is complete, I’m definitely planning to include some pure guava hashplant f2 seeds in case you want to bx the guava paralyzer.

7 Likes

Cool! That’s a deal. I’ll hit the DM and set it up.

I wouldn’t mind trying some of your Dank Sinatra / Lebanese. I’m very interested in the genetic combination of Afghan & Lebanese. I have some Black Lebanon / Black Afghan I made that I want to do a run on, but it might be fun to see what yours are like as well. Looking at your plants, I’m certain they’ll be completely different!

6 Likes

quick update on the Care Package (omg/krush x fantasy island).
The seeds were tiny, but started well with decent tap roots. They also sprouted pretty strong, although the seedlings were tiny.
After that, things got a little weird. None of them grew normal true leaves. Instead of serrated leaves, they all grew tiny single blade leaves at each vein. The leaves were frilly or fern like, and pretty mutant looking. Almost like some of the plants pictured in the freakshow seed run thread.

I planted them outdoors in 5 gallon pots. I was assuming more than one would need to be culled, but they all appear to be normalizing now that they have established larger root systems.

8 Likes

Guava Hashplant update

I am working on another round of guava hashplant breeding to get more seedstock and diversify the line. This is a very special medicinal line and I need good stock for preservation and future medical use.

I started 4 guava f2 seeds: 2 seeds from mother pheno f, and 2 seeds from mother pheno b. 4/4 germinated, one pheno b seedling is a little pale and sprouted with one of its cotyledons split in half.

I germinated the last two original f1 seeds from my bodhi guava hashplant pack. Both were unusual seeds, one was small and spherical, the other large and three sided. The small spherical guava hashplant f1 seed is doing great, it is now a well established healthy seedling.

The 3 lobed, 3 sided seed germinated strong, but soon ran into trouble. because it had 3 narrow sides instead of 2 symmetrical sides, the seedling didn’t have the leverage it needed to lift any of 3 sections of shell. As the tap root grew, the ends of the 3 sides kind of formed a pincer and stabbed into the stem/taproot. I manually opened the shell, but the seedling looked badly damaged. After 2 days it started to look worse, almost like it was starting to damp off at the damaged area of stem. As a last ditch attempt to save the seedling, I put it outside to get some real sunlight and fresh air. All of a sudden, it has revived and looks like it may pull through. I hope it survives.

Here’s a doodle illustrating the 3 sided seed germination problem.

Now that this f1 seedling is outdoors, I’m not sure how I could use this plant in my indoor guava f1 x guava f2 breeding project. Most likely it will join my outdoor lebanese breeding project. If it’s a female, it will be pollinated by all of the pure lebanese males.
If it does well I may be able to take cuttings and wash them for indoor use.

I’m still trying to recover a clone of pheno B, my favorite guava pheno. fortunately the guava b clone I planted outdoor in early may is looking absolutely amazing. Veging like a beast with densely stacking growth points on about 8 primary branches. This will produce some insane colas. These genetics love the sunlight.

The plant is super healthy. I may take clones and bring them indoor with a thorough wash process. The clones would be soaked in a solution of water and 1/4 rubbing alcohol. Then in a solution of water and 1/4 hydrogen peroxide. that should get rid of any mold spores or pests that could be on the outdoor plant. then they will be sprayed with essential oil pest control as a precautionary measure.

14 Likes

Is the three sided seedling showing whorled phylotaxi?
I have three GHP F2 seedlings above dirt and three F1 cuts still trying to figure out the roots thing. Looking forward to raising them.

4 Likes

I don’t think the three sided seed guava f1 is displaying whorled phylotaxy, but it barely has true leaves.
At the moment it’s just hanging in there, but if it can establish it should take off.

One of my guava f2 seedlings definitely has whorled growth on its first set of true leaves. They are curved, but not total mutants. I think it’s one of the f2’s from pheno F.

7 Likes