Zipolite Oaxacan x Acapulco Gold, Wolfman, Holy Congo, Panamalawi x Angola and Mo

Thanks hermano, they have all been really tough, which is why in the photo you can see I just bent the Zipolite AG so high up; just in the few days I was gone it’s hardened up to the point where it just below the terminus. I started using the cheap general hydro silica last run starting in veg and sure enough, by the time they hit like 5 weeks from seed I guess the silica is available enough and the branches get real sturdy, real quick from then on. They also repair faster, I broke the hell out of the Panama/Malawi x Angola Red OG before I left town, wrapped it jn duct tape and you can’t tell anything ever happened now a few days later.

9 Likes

I watered them before those photos and a few hours later, they’re more photogenic:

30 Likes

Wow. Those are some beautiful plants. The first two pics look especially almost look… unfriendly, but in a good way if that makes sense. Like a warning of where they can take you.
Awesome! :+1:

7 Likes

Thanks man and absolutely! That’s how I grow is by watching them and calculating in my head how gnarly it’s going to be, then training/flipping accordingly. The tent will be very different looking in 3 weeks… :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

What an incredible grow lineup!

3 Likes

I use the same thing, ( small) but with handles sown in. Only thing i dislike is the frequent watering during the hot spells. Those are massive. Thanks for the link.

5 Likes

Some Super moms for my super friends (and any of you that want one). Zipolite Oaxacan x Acapulco Gold in the back and Mextiza/Malawi Bastard in front. The owner of my hydro shop liked the Mextiza/Malawi so much he had his friend with a local lab test it and it came back 2:1 THC:CBD :call_me_hand:

19 Likes

Love it. Why is it called a Bastard? An accidental pollination? Name makes me giggle.

3 Likes

Ha, exactly. I don’t know who the father was, so she’s a loveable Bastard. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I normally wouldn’t grow a bagseed when I have so many seeds to get through, but I was really impressed with the Mextiza x Malawi. Insanely high yield and a great effect made me want to see how she did when hit with either Sour Diesel x A5T, Vietnam Black x A5T or Bandaid Haze (the other plants in that tent) since they were so special as well. The yield was what really got me though. I pulled over 6 zips from a 5gal pot and only 5.5 weeks of veg, so we’ll see how this experiment turns out and I cut clones in case it’s something magical.:call_me_hand:

14 Likes

Rough week so I’m getting the perpetual fired up by adding some candidates for the next run. Soaking now:

1. Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy (Doc D Seeds): Got this one as a shinier replacement for my anytime Mexicans and after seeing @minitiger knock it out of the park, I’m going in.

2. Nigerian Rafiki (Doc D Seeds): This one has been on the list for a year and I don’t have much experience with Nigerian, so I’m pretty stoked on this one. Nigerian Haze x A5T.

3. Bandaid Haze no.7 x Karma Sour Diesel bx2 (CG Collectables): Hoping this is similar to Doc D’s Sour Diesel x A5T, except more like the Bandaid in structure. The Sour Diesel x A5T is amazing smoke, but it grew and yielded like a small Sour D, so hopefully this flip of the parents lines up :call_me_hand:

16 Likes

Yes! Gonna be a great run bother!

4 Likes

Nice! How many of each are you planting? I see two of the BAH/SD seeds, can’t see the others.

The only Nigerian I’ve grown was Bodhi’s Big Sur Nigerian x NL2 and it was amazing. Pretty curious to see how yours does. I’ve shied away from Doc’s cross because of how he described it as kinda “racy” or “rushy” or whatever, but I didn’t find Bodhi’s Nigerian cross to smoke like that at all. Maybe it was the NL2 in it, I dunno, but it was super-psychedelic and comfortable.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’ve only heard good things about Nigerian Haze so I picked up Doc’s crosses to A5T and AfPak. I also picked up the Nigerian Yoruba Bantu although I’m not clear what it’s relation to Nigerian Haze is. I’d assume the Nigerian in most work out there comes from the Nigerians passed around Holland that ended up in SSSC work and others, I think Robert Clarke initially found it. What everyone consistently describes is a happy, positive and potent effect, which is exactly what I’m here for so I’m going to hunt through a few of these and keep clones/pollen to work with. I only popped two of each seed due to time yesterday, but I’ve still got 8-10 weeks left on my flower tent so over the next few days I’ll be popping a bunch more to sex and pheno hunt. Momma didn’t raise no dummy, so I’m also waiting on tomorrow’s list before I cement any plans :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::call_me_hand:

8 Likes

Forgive my ignorance but where did you get the zipolite Oaxacan x Acapulco Gold from Snowhigh? super interested… new to OG trying to get my feet wet with some of the awesome strains I’ve been seeing and your post got me super excited with that cross… any information would be appreciated.

7 Likes

I got these from a friend who did a reproduction but if you email Snowhigh he may be able to find a pack somewhere. I’m also happy to send out cuts of this amazing pheno I’ve found.

9 Likes

I’ll have to do that for sure. I mean I only have a little over a year under my belt would hate to do any injustice. But if your willing I would definitely devote my time to it. I only have a single plant going right now so I can give it my attention. either way I appreciate the information!

5 Likes

You’ve got some killer stuff going! That Snow High cross is terrific…can you give us some super close-ups of the stems and flowers?

I sent you an email btw. :wink:

8 Likes

please inform the names of your best place (banks.breeder) that you use besides ace, snowhigh have not looked ay colorado sativa or Doc D --Lieu Hanh sounds really interesting

3 Likes

Sure thing, I’m about due for a progress update so I’ll snap some photos when they wake up. It’s got a good number of bud sites and the super thin leaves help with the light penetration. :call_me_hand:

10 Likes

Hey bud, when it comes to seeds I’ve got a few breeders that I’ve really loved over the years, Snowhigh being my favorite and most spiritually aligned with what works for me. He’s also been a great help over the years and is a genuinely kind soul. Doc D or Magic Spirit Seed Co is my monthly ritual now and the only seeds I really buy anymore. Legendary cuts of legendary heirlooms hit by mythical males and affordable, he’s truly doing the lords work. He’s selling through great lakes genetics and headiegardens as well now. White Rabbit Farms and White Buffalo farms put out great work these days. AKBeanBrains has some great heirlooms. Topdawg of course and forever. Swami is a controversial figure, but he’s got the BOEL genetics and I’ve run total farts but also killer work from him. Greenman, Cryptic Labs, KOS. Overseas I love Ace, Cannabiogen, Real Seed Co, Underground Seed Collective, Mandala, Samsara and others. You can also check strainly as I’ve found my Mextiza x Malawi on there and some other really great stuff. From there it’s been 30+ years of trading and chucking stuff for me. This is truly a golden age for sharing genetics. Overgrow is the most trade friendly board I’ve ever seen these days, and that’s honestly the best way to find really cool stuff.

I’m not sure if I answered your question or if I’m overstating what you already know, but let me know if I can help with anything specific. :call_me_hand:

20 Likes