101's First Grow Diary

I’ve planted organic clover in there!

Thanks for this. What’s a worm tower? I do have worms in my EBs. I’m quite fond of them.

1 Like

Worm tower:

2 Likes

Nice! For sure I give my worms organic kitchen scraps.

I found a baby worm yesterday and almost cried with joy.

LIFE!!

3 Likes

Hmm… How is my Mango Smile looking? Popped the bean 5/5.

6 Likes

Two weeks since the the beans were popped.

To review, you are looking at a straight Coots recipe in EarthBoxes with clover cover crop top dressed with malted barley and kashi under Migrow Aray 8 480W to 530W LED + Red at about 25% power (15-20 DLI at leaf level). Temps 77-87, RH 30-55%

Anything I should do or watch for? :pray:

13 Likes

Looking great so far! Love the clover too!

5 Likes

Off to a good start for your first grow. Love the earth boxes, just dusted off two for a summer auto grow.

6 Likes

DANCE!

4 Likes

@BeagleZ @Old-Ron Would love your thoughts! What are my next steps here?

Thank you @Rogue @ReikoX and @Pluckyevil for the love. :green_heart: :seedling::rainbow:

5 Likes

@101, catching up on your thread now. Sorry I have missed some, work has been keeping me busy.

In an Earthbox Original, I would do no more than 2 plants in a box. First they grow. They need space. One many times out performs the other and you have a large plant and a dwarf. Another problem is it will stress some plants doing that, and they could herm. Now you got to try and get that plant out. It could ruin your whole grow.

Drop your light. 24 inches to 30 inches about the plants, run it at 80 to 100%. As they grow more, raise it. If they stretch too much, they will fall over constantly as they start to stack bud. Since you are in the Earthbox now, not like you will be replanting it and could bury the stalk some.

@Meesh is right about the worms. They will reproduce quickly, however they will govern themselves to the space they have.

If you have any other questions, just tag me or send me a dm. I am glad to help.

What is the temp and humidity in your tent?

4 Likes

Thanks @Old-Ron!

Temps 77-87F, RH 30-55%

I dialed the light so the seedlings received ~13-20 DLI based on numbers I got from The Internets (measured with the Photone app @BeagleZ recommended) do you think I should dial up to a higher DLI?

4 Likes

When is it 30%? Lights out? When is it 55%?

I can only talk of what works for me and other friends that grow in boxes I know.

Many people grow by the numbers, they have great looking plants. I just grow based on my interpretation of nature. Spring, early veg, sun is not as intense. Summer, later veg, sun is more intense. Fall, flowering, sun is not as intense. This is what works for me. Everyone is different and so is their enviroments they grow in. Just saying I am not arguing with anyone about my preference. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sorry for being confusing! I leave the lights on 24/7. Is that OK?

Agee with you 100% this is a “feel the force, Luke” experience. No right or wrong just Ways.

2 Likes

Are you growing autos? Sorry.

1 Like

Yup. Mephisto.

3 Likes

Many people run autos under 24 hours. There is no real evidence that 24 hours produces more than 18 hours. Plants can only absorb so much light. Everything after that is pretty much wasted.

Watch season 3 of the BAS series. He is growing autos in Earthboxes. One is under 18/6 light and the other he flipped to a 12/12 cycle. Pretty interesting comparison. It is episode 14 or 15 I think.

4 Likes

Looking great! Time to sit back and enjoy the show :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I am growing my first auto now so don’t have much experience with them but really looking good so far!
As far as light schedule I’m a big fan of giving them a bit of a rest even if they technically don’t need it, so I second 18/6 for autos.

4 Likes

My plan for tonight is formed!! TY @Old-Ron! I really appreciate your encouragement.

I’m having so so so so so much fun!!! I LOVE growing!!

5 Likes

You will enjoy it. He does get in the weeds sometimes though…lol

You will do great and love the Earthboxes.

4 Likes

Haha… I know what your mean.

Ah, how do I put this as a married woman… he is easy to watch… he can geek out all he wants… lucky wife!! (I say this as a very lucky wife myself!).

6 Likes