4th run: Hindu Kush & Orange Grove x GG4 RIL

Start bending tops now. :grinning:

2 Likes

:flushed:

This made me laugh. :rofl:

1 Like

Bro! You have to do some serious thinking about how you will support the OG x GG#4 RIL.
If you aren’t bumping up the CalMag or something, now would be the time. My girls buds are so blasted heavy the plant would be lying on the ground if it weren’t tied to the ceiling and leaning on the others around her.

3 Likes

Another member growing the OG x GG4 sent me this pic today.
frosty :cold_face:

6 Likes

I’m out of likes as usual brother. lol
You know, I don’t think I’ve shown any good pictures of my girl’s buds because she is tied back in the corner so I just moved stuff out of the way for a shot.
This picture is rotated because the top is bent over.

They are solid man. :wink:

7 Likes

Not surprised, both parents make real solid buds. Great job @MoBilly

4 Likes

Tell me, did you have to increase the N during flower higher than normal?
And thank you. lol

1 Like

@Floyd Bend it over!!! Yikes!!! And Hooooollly cow those are frosty!!! I wonder if it’s his light, or that specific pheno is just amped on frost roids!
@MoBilly I was wondering if I’d get to see it up close, it’s always been in the back of your photos. That’s solid man! I will for sure start prepping for the same. Haven’t even gave them cal mag, just the advanced nutes. Should I?? Should I start giving them flower nutes full time? I’m guna look closer and see if the frosties are starting to show. They kinda are on HK! I’m worried bout Hindu, I pinched off a lower internode that wasn’t getting much light and saw a growing male flower. I hope I’m wrong but that’s what it looked like

2 Likes

The OG and GG4 both can get very frosty.

3 Likes

I would definitely be supplying some CalMag. That helps with the strength and thickness of the stems.

I also use Epson salts and un-sulfurered molasses. It helps the uptake of nutrients, feeds helpful microbes… It’s very good for plants.

2 Likes

Well that I didn’t know! I thought cal/mag was the butt end of the joke to the newbies and deficiencies questions lol we got some that’s for shrubs for greener foliage and brighter flowers. Haven’t started the journey into all that yet. I’ll give it a whirl next watering. And thinking of up potting them too

2 Likes

Was I wrong @Floyd ? Wouldn’t be the first time. lol

1 Like

No, no. I just wanted him to know if you have hard water you may already be giving them some cal and mag. But I didn’t want to make it confusing.
So I trashed that post. But there it is anyway. Lol

3 Likes

OK. Whew! Here I was a nube giving advice! lol
Wouldn’t want to mislead a friend.
:wink:

2 Likes

I thought Floyd was trash talking then decided it was too harsh lol

1 Like

I’ve seen your plants Mo, you have plenty of room to be giving people advice!

2 Likes

:pray:

1 Like

Ok I switched the males and got the OGxGG4 in there.
Idk if it worked, but with the HK male, I picked off a few pods that were starting to open up, where you can see the bananas, but hasn’t opened up fully, and with tweezers I broke them apart over a female flower and the pollen fell out. Not sure if the pollen is 100% viable at that point. The pollen didn’t fling outwards everywhere like a fine dust, it just dropped straight down. Hopefully it worked!

2 Likes

Most growers don’t use nanner dust to make seeds. They feel it produces an offspring that is more prone to throwing nanners. IDK about how accurate that is but it’s a common belief.
Then again, I have heard others say they use nanner dust on purpose… :thinking:
There’s gotta be a reason… It will make fem seeds though…
Like I said. Most growers (myself included) don’t intentionally pollinate with dust from a nanner. Let me know how it goes if you grow some of your seeds out.
Actually, I do have some seeds that were sent to me that were from a plant that nannered. The cross sounded too good to not take a chance growing them. I’ll keep them separated though.

1 Like

Oh no, I meant the pollen pods of the male flowers on the male plant. You know how when the male flowers look like nuts when closed, then they open up all the way then there’s those dangly pods the pollen falls out of?? Those are what I broke open, but I did it before the pod opened up fully where they dangle out freely. I’m sure there’s a specific point in there where the pollen becomes fully viable, cuz I’ve broken up some earlier then that and there was no pollen dust, just moisture.

1 Like