A Shadey spot to paint

He wears them for a year until he gets a new one, then puts them in a cheap clip frame and hangs them on the wall :wink:

5 Likes

I would do that with band T-shirts years ago

3 Likes

Really nice stuff @Shadey!!! That should make one proud daughter’s boyfriend! :v: :pray: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hugs:

3 Likes

Cheers man :+1:

3 Likes

Nearly done now, been picking away at it the last week a hour here and there.

Gone back in with the red to darken up all the flames again.

Close up of his head.

Back on the flames with orange and yellow. Just need to add the ghost rider logo, remove some over spray. tweak the lower flames and the forks a bit more.

10 Likes

I finished it over the weekend, went back over the flames with some orange, added the ghost rider text and improved the highlights on the forks as well as removing over spray. I just need a decent pic of it my hands are shakey and the camera is dying its struggling to work when I press the button takes 4-5 attempts to get it to take a pic. I will use my phone and edit the file size down it will look a lot better.

Next up some more aprons by special request lol.

12 Likes

wow @Shadey that is dope!!

3 Likes

Cheers man :+1:

2 Likes

That takes alot of skill to get that detail with an airbrush! I do alot of art with spraypaint, and have dabbled in airbrush but found the learning curve too steep for me. Its amazing to see the detail and the layering, especially in the fire. You nailed it!

3 Likes

Do you use spray cans, I can’t believe the detail people can get with those things.

Yeah it took a couple of frustrating years before I got competent with trigger pressure control and reducing my paints so it sprayed well. The airbrush was nearly slung down the yard several times as I went back to using a normal artists brush lol. Perseverance is the key plus I was desperate to paint my motorcycle lol.

5 Likes

I do use spray cans, it is very similar with your experience with airbrush, it took me years to get comfortable to a point where I felt I was competent enough to bridge that mind to hand connection, and really work with the paint instead of working against it.

I do a lot of letter based stuff, and some minor character work, but it is a very frustrating medium haha . I certainly can relate to you slinging the airbrush down the yard. There is nothing like walking away from a wall amazed at how badly it went haha.

3 Likes

Water based paints have improved tremendously over the last 10 years, their colour fastness and finer paint molecules now allow for really low pressure, fine needle, paint work. My detail brushes are 0.18 mm, I can pull hair lines with ease if my hands are not too shakey.

4 Likes

Looks great to me. Love the flames. Stay warm. Dry and you. Lol

3 Likes

Thanks man👍

2 Likes

Some Aprons I painted up for friends and fam. One missing as the wife wrapped it before I could get a picture :roll_eyes:

One of our friends nick name so she got a rolling pin in hers.

This one is for my nephew, he drinks Canadian Club Whiskey

Close up.

For his partner, she is a heavy weed user so thought the double meaning would be good for her, so she got a bong on her apron. :joy:

12 Likes

I like all of them. Cool stuff.

2 Likes

Cheers Hemp :+1:

2 Likes

Yea brother. @Shadey going to do my best this year. Cut back on meat and more vegetables. I do enjoy the art.

2 Likes

Dude this is all metal as fuck!

Happy new year and keep awesome-possum!

3 Likes

Look who’s up also. Fire it up. @Pigeonman

2 Likes