Abandoned co-op run. Karma Headbanger

Good luck on this adventure @leetdood! This will be a fun one to watch!!

3 Likes

Good luck for your grow, I hope you wonā€™t have trouble to get the seeds to sprout!

All the best, happy growing

3 Likes

Yes brother! You already know Iā€™m stoked for this one! Sorry Iā€™m late to the show! This will be awesome! Here we go!

5 Likes

I wish you the best of luck in this race! @leetdood I already pulled up my stool and lit up my joint to accompany

3 Likes

Classic strain!!!
Following hereā€¦

8FCD6120-F12A-475D-A74B-9B93D758F9C9

:metal:t3:

7 Likes

for sunshine mix or promixā€¦ for best results , bake that shit in the oven to kill any pathogens or bugs. Iā€™ve been noticing for years now that these products carry thrips and mites almost 100% of the time.
Take a large oven safe container , line it with foil and fill it with wetted out soilless mix. Cover tightly with foil and insert a temperature probe. I have one that cost 12 bucks at the hardware store and has a 3ft wire so it can be stuck in the product and monitored from outside the oven. Preheat oven to 220 then turn down to 180F and put your soil in. Once the heat probe signals the soil is 180F internal temp, leave it in the oven for another 1/2 hour minimum.
allow it to cool and use as normal.

might want to look into using earth worm castings to germinate older seeds. Several guys here use the technique and seems they have some very good success rates. Simple tech without resorting to other germination enhancers.

10 Likes

To help prevent damping off, my father taught me this simple method.
Chamomile tea mixed with water. 30% Chamomile/70% Water. Itā€™s a natural antifungal. Soak seeds in this mixture overnight, then into paper towels dampened with the same mixture.
I use fresh coco or promix and mix up another batch of tea. The sprouts get the Chamomile water until the threat of damping off is gone.

Whatever method you end up going with, good luck :v:

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been baking my soil for years and it really helps keeping the pests away. Iā€™ll add microbes and castings after it cools.
The one-time I didnā€™t do this I was infested with fungus gnats.

10 Likes

sounds like a fun little project. ill be cheering you on in the shadowsā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking turkey bags would be a clean way to cook soil

5 Likes

Using jiffy, root riot, rock wool cubes etc reduces damping off to near 0

I recycle my coco and i go heavy handed with H202 when Iā€™m washing it but itā€™s not remotely a prevention for damping off.

Good luck.

3 Likes

About the subject of seed germinationā€¦
Here I use a simple solution of fermented plant extracts - FPE.
When the seeds have been stored for longer periodsā€¦ I lightly scarify them before dipping them in the solution.
It has been working well, and I notice that the seedlings have more vigor in their early stages of life!

:metal:t3:

7 Likes

Oo, cool beans.:+1:t3:
Best of luck bud. :slightly_smiling_face:

My suggestions:
I use Coco Coir pellets. Theyā€™re very similar to Jiffy, but hold way less water. Bonus, theyā€™re more sustainable than peat. :call_me_hand:t3:

After the seedling is above ground and in a pot, like someone said before me, donā€™t water right up against her. Stay back an inch or two. And, Iā€™m only using 10-50ml of water every other day, if that.

But, I think what helps the most is the cup. I place a translucent plastic juice cup(or cut off water bottle top) over all my seedlings. This keeps the humidity up and allows them to draw in water from the air while the roots are trying to be established.
I literally use a spray bottle to water. One or two sprays daily, but usually every other or even third day. Though I will spray the inside of the cup daily.
:wink:

5 Likes

A lot of suggestions for pellets or plugs.

I donā€™t typically have any on hand for seeds, and have never used them in this way before. Iā€™ll see what I can do. I use the plugs mainly for backing up my library as I run my grow on a frayed shoestring budget.

5 Likes

A well airated soil will do the same thing.
Iā€™ve used pint size solos with soil and my mini greenhouse cup fits perfectly.
Just watch the water.
Iā€™m sure weā€™re all guilty of over-loving in this fashion a time or two. I know I am! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I donā€™t use plugs as they can bring in contaminants. Though I germinate in clean cococoir so that doesnā€™t apply either. You do not need to worry as these arenā€™t some rare landrace seeds. OG type seeds should germinate no problems. Just do not overwater them. They only need a little water around the area or very lightly moist soil not wet until they have a root system.

6 Likes

To re-summarize,

plenty of great advice given here. will be popping the seeds in 2-4 weeks to give the donations time to arrive around the same time frame.

15 Likes

DONATED HEADBANGER PACK HAS BEEN RELEASED BY CUSTOMS!!!

They had it since April 21 so I was a bit concerned. Will be keeping you guys posted.

75 days left on my current seedrun in the tent. So 75 days until headbanger seedrun starts, approximately.

46 Likes

Thank you so much @beebud

I was going to include the honey in the photo but it has your address on it! What a giant jar, omg. Thank you.

39 Likes

His honey is amazing. So much better than the store bought honey.

9 Likes