Afghaniganza! NOW Black Afghani, Cherry Queen, Black Leb and Blue Hemp Leb

Lowland x DK Crosses

Well I dun fcked up and didn’t check my res all weekend. Plants were BONE DRY. Amazingly nobody complained one bit, which is ironically why I didn’t even check. :joy:

Digging the thin blades on this lowland cross. DK style thin leaves with lowland structure and branching. This thing is going to yield huge, and frost is crawling down the leaves. Really beautiful.

15 Likes

Thanks man. I’ve always been religious about pH but just ordered an ec meter to see whats up. Never paid attention to it before. I waste a ton of nutes tossing my runoff and when I have a couple of litrs of mix left over in a batch of feed it usually gets wasted because it sits for days. Must figure out a way to put these wasted dollars to use. Aside from the flower beds. I appreciate your time! Much Respect…

4 Likes

Black Afghani #1 (chopped @ 72 days)

Well shit. Seeds from this plant are hitting the trash for sure. We got a late flower nut buster here (last pic). You can see the little pollen sacs developing… this one is a pretty bad intersex. Fortunately I didn’t have this one pegged as my keeper. The other black afghani is less leafy and higher yielding (but a much later finisher). I really want to keep this line going, but maybe it’s going to be some work to get it stable. Smells dank as hell though, with very dense nugs, a bit of purpling on the calyxes. Smoke test is going to have to determine how much work I’m willing to put into fixing it…

Got it the fck out of my tent and chopped it down. Gonna have to keep an eye on the crosses from this line.

10 Likes

Free Seeds to Testers

I have a few packs of:

Black Lebanon x Cherry Queen
Black Lebanon x Black Afghani
Black Lebanon x Blue Hemp Lebanese
Cherry Queen x Black Afghani
Cherry Queen x Pine Tar Kush
Cherry Queen x Blue Hemp Lebanese

US-based growers preferred, but would consider shipping to Canada as well. Must be able to start a grow within ~2 months.

18 Likes

I’d love some of those. Just switched mine to flower, so could definetly start some beans up soon. Problem is I am in Canada… let me know if you do decide to send any this way :slight_smile: thanks!

3 Likes

I’ll give them a shot if ya still got some

1 Like

I’ll send you some DMs in a bit.

1 Like

Will be harvesting in a couple weeks and a bunch of veg space will be opening up. Would gladly give a spot to some Black Lebanese x Blue Hemp :+1:

4 Likes

@lefthandseeds I have enough interest in that Black Leb x Black Afghani to find a spot for testing them. They should be an early finisher and suitable for a cabinet I’m thinking. If you concur it would be my pleasure.

4 Likes

@Leaf, @Komodoghost, @DiggySoze, @Olbrannon testers went out in the mail yesterday, along with some Lowland Afghani x DK fems as freebies for my appreciation.

Back to the Afghaniganza! Here’s some updates on the DK crosses I’m testing.

Lowland Afghani x DK Update Day 37

Black Domina x DK

Group

Back right: BD x DK
Back Left: LL x DK
Center: LL x DK
Front Left: BD x DK
Front Right: LL x DK
Not shown: 3 more BD x DK

Plants will turn 40 days this week, meaning there’s probably around 3-4 weeks left. The Lowland crosses continue to impress. VERY easy to grow, nice resin output so far and looking to be pretty high yields. On all of these, I have some seeds developing with crosses from the Black Afghani and Cherry Queen pollen that I collected. I’ll continue assembling my Afghani dream team polyhybrid using those. I think the next stop in the Afghaniganza will likely be a Mazar-i-Sharif… Though I might do something a little different and grow some Iranian seeds from the landrace team. I’ve read some things about the origins of Iranian genetics and am very excited about what I might find. Seems that Iranian genetics are much like Afghani, but have been cultivated in geographic isolation for over 100 years, forming their own distinct cultivars. I expect to see plants that resemble pre-Soviet style Afghans, probably with narrower leaves, longer flowering times and higher quality hash production.

But my next grow is going to be an F3 event for the Jungle Spice IBL. I’m going to diverge from the pure indica world for a bit and grow the JS F2’s from the #6 pheno along with some 11-14 week pure sativa Durbans from cannabiogen.

13 Likes

Black Afghani #5 (Chopped @76 days)

I’m very happy to have found this plant. After a rough start getting seeds to pop, 3 males, a runt, and a late herm female, I did manage to find a real nice one in my pack. This mom is a beauty, with very dense nugs and late-running white hairs (even with amber trichomes). Some of the fan leaves also had nugs growing at their nodes. Nugs darkened, showing purple/black coloring. Foxtails a bit on top, not unlike what I saw from Bodhi’s Cherry Queen (a hybrid of vintage Afghanis). Smells are a little tart and fruity, mouth watering and delicious.

Yield is respectable, trichomes are finer in nature than the cherry queen, for instance. Temperamental on nutrients, and a little more difficult to grow than most Afghanis. Seems to want more calcium and/or magnesium, as both plants from this line complained quite a bit when I threw the bloom booster at them.

I’ve read that this line is super potent. I’m looking forward to trying it, and I’ve made some more pure BA seeds with it and some crosses.

15 Likes

So this is cool… As I was cutting apart the main cola on the Black Afghani, I found this huge pine-cone like calyx. Fascinating…

27 Likes

That’s beautiful! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

That looks deadly @lefthandseeds !! So excited heh … Beautiful plants, Iranian landrace?! Awesome ! That black domina looks amazing too. Great work man

4 Likes

Well fuck me sideways… just noticed the dreaded THRIPS and looks like they’re starting to get bad on some leaves. Gonna have to thank the cat for this one… Off to the store to get some shit.

4 Likes

Wow, what a shot! Looking great!

5 Likes

Really cool…it looks like a braid!

1 Like

Oh no, thrips! That’s my biggest concern now since I switched to flower. Watching it like a hawk ! I noticed a few bite marks on a few of my leaves.

What do you use to treat it lefthand? Eliminate em! Hah

2 Likes

In case it helps anybody, here’s what those motherf-ers look like.

Well if it were earlier in flower, I’d spray them with spinosad. I’m a little scared to spray developed flowers with it though, so I use THE POWER OF PRAYER. :pray:

JK. I just did a heavy defoliation, and removed everything that was affected. I also put up a bunch of yellow sticky traps. My strategy at this point is going to be mitigation rather than elimination. Hopefully I can keep them at bay enough to finish out the grow.

14 Likes

LowDak

BlackDak

Good news is that I had to take out all the plants to defoliate, so I got some nice shots that make it easier to see what these girls are up to. The BlackDaks are just gushing resin down the leaves. They won’t yield the way that the LowDaks will, but my do they look tasty!

Also good/bad news is that the lowest bud on LowDak#2 threw a nanner. It was hidden at the bottom of the plant, and I was able to find it while inspecting all the plants for thrips. I moved it into a different tent where it won’t affect the plants I’m trying to breed. I’ll keep a close eye on it from here.

16 Likes