Afghaniganza! NOW Black Afghani, Cherry Queen, Black Leb and Blue Hemp Leb

Awesome thanks for the info on the thrips man. Black dak is lookin nice! Hell, they both do!

4 Likes

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: very cool! Never seen anything like li! Looks like a sculpture!

:scream::cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

:pray: it almost worked for him too :joy:

2 Likes

Is the Black Afghani from USC? Seems like I read that earlier… I forgot to set my notifications correctly… got it now. Looks like some fun stuff.

I have some Afghan CBD x Black Afghani coming to test from USC. Also running their Uzbekistan outside this summer.

Looks like a lot of fun was had here. I have to try and catch up on the thread. Tough this time of year.

peace

1 Like

That’s the one! I’m digging the line, even though it’s a bit hit or miss. I got one really good female in the pack though, and made a bunch of seeds with it.

Get some pictures up of your Uzbek when you get to it, bro! I have a pack of that one too, and keep reading good things about it.

4 Likes

DK Crosses

Two days ago, stripped out most of the fan leaves due to thrips. Tomorrow is day 40 of flower, so I just have to mitigate for probably 2ish weeks before I can reasonably chop them.

Race to the finish, clean the shit out of my basement and tents and hope those fuckers don’t come back. That’s the goal.

14 Likes

Yup. Weather is warm and shit is movin’ out! Been cleaning for days. Still at it. Finally warm enough for spring cleaning.

2 Likes

Black Afghani #1 Smoke Report

This is the one that started throwing a bunch nanners at the end, so I chucked all the seeds from it.

Other than that, this strain is a heavy hitter! Straight to the dome, all head, heart racing kinda high. It mellows out pretty quickly – only spend about 20-30 minutes drooling out the side of your mouth. After that, it’s extremely functional and clear. Hopefully the stable one (Black Afghani #5) smokes this well. If they’re stable, I think there’s going to be a lot to love in the outcrosses.

Still getting the sour and slightly fuel-y smell to it, maybe a little banana, along with a little earthiness. It still needs to cure, and is (expectedly) a little harsh right after drying. I’m a big fan.

18 Likes

Oh man, I never heard reports like that. Must be some long ago genetics being unlocked. I only ever heard a good many blueberry flavored phenos. That bud looks great too.

2 Likes

DK Cross updates (45 days flower)

Flower day 45 on these. The lowdak’s seem to be a little farther along with about 25% orange hairs at this point. Those look to me like they’ll finish in about 8 weeks (11 more days). The blackdak’s are just a little behind them, and should finish in 8-9 weeks.

So far, the thrips seem to have been mitigated pretty well since the last update. I still see a few spots on some leaves where they’re still active. I’ll be keeping an eye on them through the rest of the grow.

In another week, I’ll check a few seeds to see where they’re at. I have outcrosses of these with the Black Afghani and Cherry Queen for Afghanis and also PTK (Pakistani). The Black Afghani and Cherry Queen are two of the best pure Afghanis I’ve ever tried. I just finished trimming the longer running pheno of the Black Afghani, and got a pretty decent yield from it. It definitely has stronger terpenes than the shorter pheno, and had better yield. It’s my keeper for this grow.

The high from the Black Afghani is one that I am really enjoying quite a bit. It has a pretty strong initial high and mellows out into a relaxing effect, while remaining pretty clear headed. The Cherry Queen is a devastating couchlock high – perhaps the strongest purely Afghani strain I’ve had. When I think of the classic put-your-ass-in-the-couch indica, I’ll probably come back looking to CQ for that. I’m very happy to have done some pollen chucking with these two strains. The tester results should be very exciting to see.

19 Likes

@lefthandseeds

Just wanted to thanks for the seeds. Just got them in today and was shocked to see how many you sent. Was only expecting 1 or 2 of each strain to test for you… not a small hoard of seeds brotha ✓.

Grow log for each will be done.

10 Likes

:+1: :+1: Glad to hear that everything made it OK. Hehe yea, I tend to send high quantities. I figure nobody’s gonna complain in case they want to make more seeds from them or grow them again later. If they turn out to be something really exceptional, I keep enough to breed them and stabilize them.

10 Likes

So excited after hearing this. Sounds awesome man, I’m still waiting for mine to arrive. Hope it’s soon ! Great work !

EDIT: seeds came in today. Safe and sound, thank you @lefthandseeds ! Wow ! Such awesome sounding strains. Very great. Will do a grow log as soon as I start! I’m excited, to get some amazing genetics !

7 Likes

I can run a couple dude. It might be 3mos not 2. In the US tho. Thanks for giving folks a shot to grow your hard work. Good man. Be safe.
-J

5 Likes

Get with me in a few weeks when these finish up. I’ll get some seeds over to you.

4 Likes

DK Crosses

Gone for 5 days, but everyone seems to be OK still. These are close to finishing. Lowlands are foxtailing a bit. The lowland x dakini kush crosses are going to finish first. A few of these are probably about a week out. The black domina x dakini kush crosses are split, with some trending toward a longer finish.

14 Likes

Getting nice fat bud off that lowland x dakini kush man! Awesome job! Didn’t have the heart to throw out my blue god hermie :frowning: so close to finish. 4 weeks or so and I finish. Then gonna plant the black Lebanese x black afghani ! :smile:

Keep up the awesome growing. Btw what do you feed your girls / medium you using … sorry if you’ve already mentioned it. ;p

6 Likes

Thanks man! I really like the lowland Afghani x dk for structure and yield. We’ll see how the smoke is.

I use Coco in ~1gal square pots. I’ve been refining my own nutrient mix based on Jack’s 321. I’ve been adapting it for the special needs of Coco, and fixing a few small problems I have with it. I currently have a thread here called “Peter’s Perfect”, and I think I’m just about there.

9 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes