Afghaniganza! NOW Black Afghani, Cherry Queen, Black Leb and Blue Hemp Leb

Through the loupe, this is a trichome shot of the Afghani lowland. Seems to be nearing completion… Just need to make sure the seeds are ready first. Maybe a week more and it should be ready for a chop chop.

17 Likes

New Strains Starting NOW!! :tada::tada::tada::tada:

I’ve been mulling the selection for the strains to use this time around. I’ve picked 2 really awesome afghanis and 2 awesome (gasp) lebanese.

Blue Hemp Lebanese

The Blue Hemp Lebanese is from a now-defunct Swiss bank. Probably only keeping males in this population to cross with the Black Lebanese, which is only available as feminized.

Black Lebanon

The Black Lebanon, I’m really looking forward to trying. I’ve been eyeing this one for a while, and it looks like a really amazing plant.

Black Afghani

After reading someones grow log last night, I’m more excited about this one than ever. Apparently, very strong, smells of coffee and blueberry, and of course beautiful deep black foliage.

Nice grow log:

Cherry Queen

A cross of two Afghani strains from Bodhi’s Supernatural Selections line. Fat Cherry Afghani x an Old Mother Ghani Gonna be a winner for sure!

Splish splash! :rowboat:

26 Likes

Let’s gooooooooooooooooooo

2 Likes

Well the black afghanis are proving to be a tough nut to crack…literally!

0/7 so far, full soak for 3 days. I decided to take them out before they drown (hopefully), give them a good scuff and put them in saturated paper towels. If I can’t get these to germinate, I’ll pre-scuff my last 3 and throw them in water and probably start a different Afghani along with them.

I have:
LA Confidential
Afghani #1
Afghani Special (KC Brains)
Afghani '68 IBL x Afghani Kush
Afghani Helmand (Derg Corra)
Afghani NLD (Tropical Seeds)

Several other Afghani/Hindu Kushes and Mazars – but I want a more “standard” Afghani for this project, so not yet considering those. I’m leaning toward the LA Confidential for the cross with the black lebanon… but I’m also considering going a different route and using Ouzbekistan (pink malabar)… decisions.

3/3 black lebs
4/4 cherry queens
3/5 blue hemp lebs

Germed and in rapid rooters.

15 Likes

Scarification seems to be working. Woke up this morning to 2 black afghani seeds popped! Hopefully I can get a few more to go…

11 Likes

The scarification on the black afghanis went even better than I had hoped. 6/7 opened in towels today. The remaining seed I physically squeezed open with tweezers. If a little tail pops outta that sucker, I’ll be 7/7.

4 plants pushed roots out the bottoms of the RRs. 2 cherry queen, 1 blue hemp lebanese and 1 black lebanese. I put them in coco and set the QB to 5k lux.

Also – since I didn’t expect the black afghanis to go so well, I threw 5 LA Confidentials into water. Guess I shoulda been more patient, but I’ll find something to do with them. Maybe I’ll just keep males on those. I’ll figure it out when I get M/F counts.

Last note on the last grow. I still have the Afghani Lowland and Black Domina finishing up. I looked at trichs under the scope, and they still need a little time. But when I chop them in a week or two, I’ll post up some pics.

24 Likes

Have you ever grown or bought anything from the Landrace team? I would like to know what people think.

5 Likes

I haven’t, but I will be getting Iranian seeds from them soon. I will post grow logs when I pheno hunt them.

9 Likes

Here’s what I’ve transplanted so far. Very happy with the success rate of the Black Afghani. Gave me a scare, but I should have 7 little plants of that variety in a few days.

The black lebanon strains are fun. Cotelydons are even a little black from the start.

Starting to get some ambers filling in on the Afghani Lowland. It should be just another couple days and I’ll chop it. The black domina seems pretty far behind though. Might be another week or two on that one.

16 Likes

Afghani Lowland

Really pleased with this plant, and excited to smoke test it. Yielded really well, grew well, pretty good resinn production, smells great – mostly floral, with a bit of citrus and earth. Overall, a beautiful specimen.

Didn’t top it, just supercropped and it seemed to respond really well.

23 Likes

That’s a beautiful harvest from the afghani lowland! great job man.

Congratulations on getting ahold of the blue hemp switzerland lebanese, that’s been discontinued for years and a lot of people have recommended it to me as an excellent example of classic lebanese.

The cherry queen should also be an interesting one, I’ve got a pack of that one myself. I’m excited to see what kind of expressions you find in those.

9 Likes

Thanks dude! I’m really happy with the lowland.

I’m really excited about everything I’m growing this next run. I’m planning on crossing the BH Leb into the Black Leb to see where that takes me. Looking at Ace’s measurements of theirs, it seems like the lebanese have fairly complex terpene profiles:

With some phenos showing nearly 1:1 THC:CBD ratios. Interesting… and I’ve read that Lebanese plants typically have both indica and sativa phenos.

19 Likes

Daku smoke report

Vaped it through a bubbler. Very mild taste, slightly woody and piney, but clean and smooth. The effect actually hits pretty well, with a bit of a head rush around the forehead and some light sensitivity. At the same time it’s very relaxing and pain relieving. Not couchlocky.

Overall, I’m extremely pleased. I honestly wouldn’t change too much – could be really great matched up to a flavorful sativa. The flower is quite good for a hash plant. I’m inspired to work more with it.

14 Likes

It seems to me like the old lines of ‘sativa’ and ‘indica’ are irrelevant now. Imagine that there are broad and narrow leaf varieties from this area that have effects all over the spectrum!

Keep digging, please I love seeing all these ‘new’, rare genetics, and how different and interesting they are!

11 Likes

Oh man, I have to get over here and check out this thread… Skimmed through and it looks fun! Sorry I’m late to the party. peace

5 Likes

@lefthandseeds FWIW Bodhi speaks of the DeepChunk’s ancestral Afghani origins in The Potcast ep 10.5; He suggests that it’s likely IBL from waaaaaaaay back in Afghaniland. :speaking_head: :man_with_turban: :desert:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

Daku Origins Update

I talked to my friend that gave me the cuts, and asked about more info about the Daku. He reiterated where he got it from, and the soldier who gave him the backstory about how he collected it locally in Afghanistan… but then he also mentioned that he sometimes refered to it as “Dakini”.

And here’s where it gets interesting. I googled Dakini and came up with Dakini Kush, a strain bred in Colorado by Centennial Seeds. Think about it… DAkini KUsh. From a Colorado breeder… The good news is that I’ve contacted Centennial, and am going to grab a pack of Dakini Kush and grow it out. If they’re the same plant, then it’s actually a Hindu x Pre98 Bubba.

I’m thinking that this guy fed my buddy a line. Either way, I still see a lot of potential uses for this strain, and I’ll probably use it in projects in the future.

Here’s an outdoor picture I found online:

And here’s mine indoor:

Seem like the same plant to me. Similar serrations, margin widths and bud structure.

21 Likes

Oooooh… girl hands! :herb: :joy:

Nice change from most of our gnarly knuckles & meat hammers… :laughing:

:meat_on_bone: :hammer:

:evergreen_tree:

13 Likes

Well that picture wasn’t mine, but I agree! :blush:

I visited Ben at Centennial seeds and told him about my plant. Great guy, gave me a little tour around his lab. Picked up some Dakini Kush seeds, and we got to talking about it. Really sounds to me like Daku=Dakini. What he said about the structure and smell of the plant definitely sounded like mine. But now I have the seeds and can run clones off of my mother plant side-by-side with his seeds.

I also picked up some Waipi’o Hapa Hawaiian sativa heirloom from him. Really excited about those. And he gave me some seeds marked “Orion”, which is a cross of his with an old BC line called Timewarp that he traded for several years ago.

21 Likes

Nice work getting the black ghanis to pop!

8 Likes