Anti-Insomnia Strains

With everyone seeking skunk strains now, to think I gave up the clones of some skunk strain someone from the old overgrow sent me. For the same reason the stank was bred out, fear of odor issues.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve got a killer skunky ufs18 goingā€¦how would I make seeds that have that skunk smell isolated?

5 Likes

Is that from seeds that you have a couple of stinkers from or just one plant?

3 Likes

I have 5 different varieties of ufs18 from 50stateā€¦this particular seed/plant has a very offensive odor.

4 Likes

Iā€™d just keep breeding the two stinkiest together. I think the recessive traits will show up more readily if you inbreed in this case. I donā€™t know how many do it, but some have said the selective breeding and stabilizing works out faster when you breed through just fems since you donā€™t have unknown traits from males diluting what your looking for.

4 Likes

I have around 12 clones of her in the veg room. Might have to hold 4 backā€¦1 for a mother, 1 to self, 1 to hit with big yield auto f pollen (very stinky), 1 to hit with Afghani fem pollen.

9 Likes

Sounds AWESOME! I will DEFINITELY follow any posts following up on thisā€¦

5 Likes

Sounds like a fun plan!

4 Likes

@Pawsfodocaws havenā€™t seen the bullrider in years, that was excellent herb.
@mndlss cool to hear a good review of the maple leaf, I have a few of those in veg right now. Hoping I get a male and female to make seeds, if not I will preserve it with maple leaf indica x mazar hybrid from @OleReynard.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve run a few of bodhiā€™s crosses made with a g13 male, they have all been very good. Dank Sinatra (78 LA affy x 88g13hp) was very good for sleep. Guava hashplant (stardawg guava x 88g13hp) has a very fun chem indica high, with a good body high and sedative qualities that are definitely helpful for a good nights sleep.

The guava hashplant and dank sinatra were both very medicinal.

5 Likes

Didnt you do some f2ā€™s of guava hp?

1 Like

yeah, and just finished making an f2 x f1 male in-cross. Iā€™m going to be growing this one for medical use for years.

4 Likes

Thanks for this great tread @OleReynard

Been struggling with this for years now (but probably in a lesser degree than you, my sympathies by the way)

I usually grow a few criticals alongside other varieties to smoke before sleeping but iā€™ve always felt it a bit lacking to really make enough of an impact.

Had some from a friend once that did the trick amazingly but we just canā€™t seem to remember what strain it was.

Thanks to all the ideas and info from all of u guys. Iā€™ll definitely try out some of the genetics you all mentioned.

1 Like

Indica gdp. Or white widow

2 Likes

Ive tried WW that i ran seeds from i think nirvana, was a strange plant(only had one seed) the pistils remained pure white , watched as trikes turned amber and still was white pistils, had a buzz but does not put me to sleep. but thats the only time i have had WW too.

have not tried GDP wanted to, was going to buy my seeds at a high time cup right from Mr.Estes,but covid happened

2 Likes

Been wondering where gdp has been. Got any to trade?

Sent a note to you

1 Like

I canā€™t wait to do my fruit run, itā€™ll prob be my first real run of my own, after two sets of test seed batches lol.

4 Likes

Yeah same here with mine only a few turned amber on the top kona cutting down today to dry

1 Like

Great seeds bro! My plants are uniform and healthy. Thanks again!! 100% germ too.

3 Likes