Any original OG members back?

Damn I need a Polaroid

5 Likes

@SouthernSkunk haha I still have one. I remember from 2001 I would use the Polaroid and scan the images onto my cpu to post on the old OG site haha oh have times changed

10 Likes

They sure have lol I was more interested in having pics that are no longer digital… The times have changed so much that pics are an issue lol

4 Likes

You might remember me as someone from way back in the day. I was known enough to get spotted on Steam games with this handle. I threw together about ten grow logs before the servers got raided and the gold brick was found.
Yes, old enough to remember the details. Glad to see the GrowFAQ is back in force. I’d like to add to it, and with cameras readily available I should be able to add loads of articles.
Also doing a very decent size outdoor crop this year because I got my medical license recently.
We’re shooting for several pounds of Cherry Pie and a bunch of Misc. seeds.
Looking forward to seeing some old friends.

16 Likes

Wow, I can’t believe it’s back! Really happy to know that the memory of what was lived on long enough to see it come back up again. Only a couple small operations over the years since the original OG got put in the slammer along with RC, but it’s still great to be able to see what others are doing. A lot has changed in the technology and its nice to have a reliable place to turn to for unbiased help. Looks like LEDs are everywhere now and I remember when that was just being experimented with by OGer’s with DIY rugs. Great to be back. Same username as before, but was more lurker than participant, so I doubt anyone will remember me. Was a long time ago.

9 Likes

@Iamthecheesegods and @ChronicMcBudz welcome back guys. Nothing like this site and it’s still just as awesome as it was in 2001. :v::seedling:

8 Likes

I hung out on the original Overgrow all the time back in 2002 up until RC got busted over the Heave 's Stairway deal. This was my favorite site ever. I mainly hung around “Strains & Hybrids,” Security & Legal,and Basic Growing. Great days with a lot of cool people.

10 Likes

More and more of the old names showing up, kewl new ones as well, but it’s just really good to see some of you guys that I remember. I’m sure glad I found you all.

12 Likes

It has been quite awhile. It’s nice to be back. Same name as back then.

8 Likes

Welcome back! A lot of the old names are rolling back in. I just found out OG was back up a short time ago myself.

6 Likes

I was here for a while before the crash same name as always lol I see a few names from back then but some bigger ones I’ve not seen in a long time I hope everyone is well I’m I’m excited that I found y’all again much love :green_heart:

9 Likes

Wow its back? I was just on the hunt for the 70w hps security light grows im an original member butI did not expect to find overgrow again

12 Likes

Hey, JH151399 here. I was on the old site from '05 - the bust. Glad it’s back!

7 Likes

I just now found out that OG was reincarnated!!! This is so awesome. I was on OG 1.0 way back in the day. I remember how it felt when all of my saved pictures were, poof, gone in an instant. That was when I realized it was time to start saving photos on my own hard drives. I was moonchild way back then, but I don’t think anyone would remember me. I’ve been hush at i c mag for so long now, I can’t remember anyone’s OG names anyway. But for old time’s sake, I’m back, now that I know that it exists again.

13 Likes

Welcome @hush, I’ve been following your stuff on ICMag.

9 Likes

Welcome back @hush! I just found OG2.0 a couple months ago myself. It’s been years since I typed in the url, I didnt expect it to show up. It was super exciting to see it back. Your 1.0 name sounds really familiar, but it’s been a long time.

6 Likes

I still remember the day OG went down. Felt like a kick in the “short n’ curlies”. I’ve still got a whack of articles that I was squirreling away at the time figuring the day would come. I think I first joined somewhere around '04 - '05. Can’t really remember for sure, that was a whole lot of smoke ago. Anyone else remember when OG went SSL? I’d been around for at least a couple years before then.

Kept a fairy low profile back in the day, for fear of the dreaded knock on the door. I’d already had the privilege of the RCMP tossing my place (they missed the 2 oz I had in a speaker cabinet) and didn’t really want a repeat performance.

(I’m sitting here reading OT1’s hash press how to :smiley: now )

8 Likes

Ae77 walked on as well.

The only way to save a strain, is to share it -

7 Likes

i was newbudman back then trying to learn and learn i did

10 Likes

Got on overgrow for the first time a couple weeks ago, I either forgot it had shut down years ago or stopped getting on the site bc I havent grown since 2005.

Started doing some research lately into LEDs for my veggie garden and in the eventuality that my state legalizes sometime soon. That was why I got back on recently.

Used to mainly be a lurker from 01-05 since I was super sketched out about posting online. I do remember getting some free beans from some generous folks. Cant remember what my iser name was tho. Looking forward to learning some new stuff and am glad ive found the site again!

6 Likes