The Adventures Of "Sideways Cindy" (Peanut Butter Breath x Cindy 99)

This is a PBBxC99 that decided to turn into a unstoppable bean pole…Up until 1 day ago, this plant had been in its 1 gallon fabric pot almost its whole life up to that point. Soil was just a fast cheap solution to a soil shortage in my local towns and the ingredients where Glacial Gold potting soil, Whitney farms organic raised bed mix, perlite, Brut worm castings and some Natures Pride/Pride Lands veg dry amendment. The raised bed mix had a bit of a smell that I was not liking but went away after about a week. Beyond the smell I liked how things where growing in it. Fed only water for the most part but a few feedings of Cal-Mag water did go into its diet.

(Cindy can be seen in the back left corner next to her sister PBBxHelena who is in a 5 gallon pot at the time)

(Both Cindy and Helena has been topped ,cropped and light defoli at this point)

Even though I topped Cindy, she decided to regrow a top where I had cut if clean off.

I forgot to take a picture when Cindy grew past the light jammed in the corner over there, but here are the pictures right before repot.

Here she is next to her thirsty sister Helena that was just repotted. Cindy measured in at 43.5" in this picture.

In an attempt to combat its height so I could stick it into the bloom room with other much shorter plants, drastic measures had to be taken :grimacing::face_with_raised_eyebrow::rofl:

Now she will need to be trained into some sort of hedge or wall ornament at the back of the flower tent.

Hours after transplant when the lights came back on. Don’t mind the upset plant beside her, it was getting blasted with 100-105 temps before our AC unit came in and the tents where moved into the room with the AC

More recovery pics and pics of the training expedition should be coming in the next few days.

42 Likes

She will love it and give you lots of nice nugs : ) lookin forward to the training : )

3 Likes

Looking good. I like training my plants out like that anyways, just make sure the pot is heavy enough it doesn’t tip!

4 Likes

Ya tipping would be no good at all! I am hoping the ratchet hanger hooked to its stock will hold it in the horizontal position and limit its sag. :crossed_fingers:

Has it pre sexed yet ?

1 Like

Yes it was sexed in veg a while ago, I usually wont throw something into flower unless I have seem female parts show up already, so I make sure I am checking the plants like a hawk as soon as they are busting out of their seedling stage and maturing a bit. Sometimes its hard to tell but worth my time to keep an eye on so I waste as little time as possible.

3 Likes

PBB x C99 sounds interesting :eyes:

1 Like

Indeed it does. Never grown it before but it has some good genetics on its side. Only had access to a single strain for the past 6-7 years when we where not able to grow. Finally back at it though, feels good to get my hands dirty again.

2 Likes

Cindy crosses are almost always killer. The height sucks but sometimes that can be a sign of a big yielder!

1 Like

I am hoping for some interesting medicine off her. The way the roots and stem grew makes me thing it may shoot out some plump flowers. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

A few random pics of her recovery. She is a little cramped back there for a few more days till a plant is chopped and removed. Seems there is no need for the safety ratchet hanger attached to the stem because she has pulled her entire stock right up on her own somehow. Sturdy little/big girl heh.

19 Likes

Just soaked her down with some neem spray so she is a bit heavy in the leaves, but damn this girl has a sturdy stock for what’s there. :muscle:

11 Likes

Cindy is just doing her thing… Have yet to assist or train other than pulling a few branches over to get them out of the shade and she just took over from there.

20 Likes

Bamboo did show up just incase I need/want to get a bit more creative with her. :+1:

7 Likes

I now want to do that to a plant did you just take the plant and put it in a bigger pot sideways right not much bending to it

1 Like

Ya I just put Cindy in there sideways and let her rip. I thought I was going to have to keep her from sagging down, but she has pulled herself way up. Pretty sturdy fibers in her. I did bend some of the branches that ended up on the bottom, but not much and everything pulled itself up decently.

1 Like

I cropped a few branches over last night to give her a little spread on the canopy though. Ill be throwing a few random uneventful pics up in a min.

3 Likes

17 Likes

Things are getting a little weird with her, but just doing what I can to steer her just a little. The tops of the branches I cropped ended up turning up after less than 2 hours yesterday. She just keeps impressing me on and off heh.

15 Likes

That’s why i like lst and super cropping keep them ladies down lol

2 Likes