Anybody else like to fish?

Toronto Ontario Canada…Both Ontario and the state of New York have stocked Chinook,coho and Atlantic Salmon as well as rainbow and brown trout.its a great fishery

4 Likes

Awesomeness, wish wa and or would get there acts together.

2 Likes

Thats a beast !! Great lakes rainbows are one of my favs to chase!!

3 Likes

Well the boat was a success. Little man got his first ever bass!

20 Likes

Way to go, Dad! Another young one hooked up for life.
I got a big smile from the picture of the little guy on the beach.

7 Likes

Congrats on breaking in boat! Best way to spend a day imo.

5 Likes

You guys made it home! Means boat floated? Means you sir can fix a boat…

Shit I got u mixed up with mbvapester. Still sweet time with the kid. Money can’t buy that

6 Likes

She was full of eggs too and I actually made a pretty penny off them to guys for roe bags lol
I have also caught fresh steelhead in BC and I have to say the ones from the ocean do have more fight in them , but the ones I caught from lake Ontairio and up in georgian bay were a lot of fun.
The Bowmanville creek blew my mind because it was so small and so full of bikes and shopping carts I couldn’t believe it had fish that size in it.
If I remember right I caught that one just down from the hospital.

Sweet bass in a sweet boat btw

4 Likes

Pro bass angler here. Fishing the opens this year. Won a few Costas in 19 and 18

7 Likes

Yah I like fishing St Clair river and Niagara River best. The current makes the fights unreal. Especially on a centerpin reel. Bowmanville and such are kinda weak lol. Ive gone a cpl yrs to get a salmon for eggs for steelhead fishing but its not very sporting and a far drive for me.
That rainbow is still sick though. I rarely see coho when Ive gone let alone browns or steelies.

3 Likes

Nice man, boat looks sweet too!

3 Likes

This young man came up with his grandparents, very relentless.
Was able to put him on some “eaters”
He had a ball! Smiles are worth a million words

17 Likes

Atta boy, most kids wouldn’t even touch those with their bare hands lol

7 Likes

This is win, win. Happy kids, happy grown ups. I love catching big bream.

8 Likes

There are some great holes south of the 401 and CN tracks that hold fish all winter.

I like eating them as much as catching them shellcrackers.

3 Likes

That’s for sure, they just as good as crappy imo.

2 Likes

better, crappys are so bland but if you have no fish to eat and they’re in the freezer, ahhh wth.
Gillys are so sweet tasting.

1 Like

I Love to fish, I don’t get out as much as I use to, having young kids and all. Being in Maine, we have some of the a bountiful native brook trout population, though only a few places produce trophies. Native land locked Atlantic salmon are also my favorite. I mostly C&R, but a few panfish and trout come home with me now and then. Yes I’m coastal, but I don’t really fish in salt water. Oh, did I mention I’m a nut that prob likes ice fishing just as much (if not more) than open water!

22 Likes

First off great shots of some beauty fish.
I got into ice fishing when I lived in northern BC after many years of fly fishing only. I agree that it is quite enjoyable looking down the hole and actually seeing a huge fish take your jig. Or in my case usually watch the huge fish swim right up to it and decide not to take it lol
This is how we fished on One Island lake and a few others. I miss hot boxing that tent on days off haha
221677_10152719169180235_961457596_n

A few of the little guys. One island has fish well over 20 lbs
484188_10152719170825235_2145008773_n

This shot shows my jig . It is the white spot near the middle. The ice was also almost 4 ft if I remember right. I know we had to have extensions on our augers that year to hit water lol
295513_10152719169740235_1440221010_n

13 Likes