Anyone know where I can get rks

It is in the rotation and will be hit with a GDP male soon. I’m also planning to hit it with one of my African males this year.

7 Likes

Yikes! I’ll take a number please and await the blessed coming out! Keep oleskool in mind!
:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Appalachian RKS x dogbud
Appalachian RKS x dogbud x milk

I should auction them

if people aren’t familiar dogbud made chemd, Chem 91, 4, sis etc etc etc .

U won’t find that original dogbud bud in any packs out right now

5 Likes

Oooooooh yeah! Gotta have some!
:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I’d love some of those rks dogbud crosses, I’m very familiar with the foo dog lines that were around and I have alot of old chem genetics and crosses they would pair up nicely with , along with some old skunk seeds, and original skunk crosses

3 Likes

The RKS is gone these days the name is just used as a marketing tool to sell more seeds and of course everyone buys them and guess what no RKS.

7 Likes

Yeah, that’s been the case for a great many people over the last couple months here. Few times it’s been “found” and never turns into a tangible thing. I’m starting from scratch to see if it can’t be found organically, so to speak.

2 Likes

I think it’s still around… in a few small corners of the universe… though to tame… LEDseedz has some new genetics using a female with RKS linage in it.

4 Likes

Lots of skunks today have rks lineage in them…

1 Like

where are you starting?.. RKS is a super freak…

1 Like

many are fibbing or just don’t know for sure… imho…

3 Likes

I would start looking at old ghani lines instead of todays skunk beans…:wink:

8 Likes

I’m certain the “skunk” part came from the Afghani

3 Likes

Excuse my ignorance but I thought old skunks were sativa?

1 Like

Hell yeah. Between people who legitimately believe it and are mistaken, and people who maliciously claim to hold genetics they really don’t, there’s a lot of room for bullshit.

Was reading up on the lineage of the original skunk. Acapulco, Afghani, and Colombian or something like that? I’ve currently got whats supposed to be landraces from Pakistan, India, Colombia, and Cape Verde. And i know it’s not a landrace, but the Zamaldelica has me excited too.
There’s some I’d like to add to my seed collection soon, ColJam for instance.

The plan is to follow the road and make decisions based on what I find. I’ve had it mulling around in my head for a while that multiple growers working the same gene pool might provide a better line breeding program than one grower alone would produce.

4 Likes

I’m absolutely positive it still exists, just gotta be in the know…breeding tool like that never goes away…it just is no longer “publicly held”

:peace:

9 Likes

I second. My thoughts exactly

1 Like

I have not read this whole thread in detail, but there seems to be a lot of misconceptions and odd opinions about skunk weed. It is not a myth. It definitely existed in NorCal in the later 1970s. Several varieties were around, with variable terpenes, from floral to fruity with cat piss hints to pure eye watering skunk road kill stench. As some have said, the stench would get you busted, or ripped off when growing it or packing it. I saw a lot of it, but I was not a big fan of skunk. Most of it was on the more mild side of stink, but some absolutely reeked. Word was that the bikers developed several skunk strains in NorCal and Uncle Fester in Humboldt had the genetics of a wide range of them. His was an array of open pollinated genetics, from paint peeling RKS to floral and fruity skunk hints. He died and left his beans with his nephew, Master Thai in the Sierras. Master Thai has a bad rep with some people, and he is temperamental. He stopped selling beans last year in a rant against the legal system in California, but had some more beans up for sale in the spring on his web site.

The cocktail that created the original NorCal skunk weed strains in the later 1970s was a combination of Colombian Gold (Santa Marta) sativa, which had a light skunk or cat spray smell to it, and Afghani or Pakistani indica. Some others used Acapulco Gold sativa crossed with Afghani. The cross breeding brought out the myrcene and funk. I have some older NorCal pre-Skunk #1 seeds that I am test growing now. We shall see what they come to this fall. I have a line on several other NorCal and Euro early Skunks as well. I am not a huge myrcene terpene fan, which is mostly where the stench comes from. But it is addictive… I hope my skunk does not reek to the point that it attracts attention. I have a legal grow here where I live now, but thieves abound. And the neighbors may complain, even growing it indoors or in greenhouses. Which is a big reason that RK Skunk does not have high commercial appeal.

9 Likes

The stench is not an actual terpene. It’s a mercaptan or thiol. Terpene has an oxygen atom at the end of the carbon chain and thiols/mercaptans have a sulfur atom at the end hence the stink… so your skunks, fuel, B.O., onion and other foul aromas are from thiols.
Sweet, fruity, piney etc come from terpenes.

23 Likes

Iv’e had several friends grow out the big hyped Uncle Festers Skunk line and one has yet to find a RKS pheno just another seed hype for RKS that’s getting these young growers to buy more hyped up beans for more and more dollars. To find the actual RKS you would have to have access to and old crew that have been growing for many many years that still have it and that would be just a few certain crews for sure. And I don’t believe these peeps are going to let it out commercialy. just a thought.

14 Likes