Argo's three in veg and three in flower

it might be fine i used a pollon press and a heat gun ,then a hair iron and a bar clamp, then a hair iron and a bench vice im thinking something like this looks perfect., Now that i have a giant shop towel holder and grilled cheese sandwich maker

9 Likes

Hola Argo

Great work as usual

Bare

2 Likes

Goodness, that would last me several months. :astonished:

2 Likes

Once you build up your tolerance levels it does get sucked back pretty quick ,also depends on how many friends you include in the dab sessions!

7 Likes

Like I said, 1 ton for small amounts with small plates works just fine.

4 Likes

The thing i dont like about the arbor press is no latch and paul mechanism so the pressure must be maintained which is fine for hot short presses the low temp run starts slowly building pressure over time some times for two min or more so your forearms gonna be burning.

6 Likes

Yeah, not gonna work like this big press. Correct about having to “hold” pressure. When I use mine, I pre press pucks, then ease into the press, taking about 20 seconds before at full pressure, then hold it about 40 seconds, my arms are shaking at that point.

5 Likes

my bench vice has served me well hellI’m three years in and used hair irons and a 500 # bar clamp and was getting squishes of fair magnitude but just stepping to the acme screw mechanism of a bench vice upped my game you just can’t be afraid to buy a new iron they are surprisingly durable i only bought two irons over a three year period and my 2nd one is still working.

5 Likes

I used a hair iron for about 6 months before it was so broken up I couldn’t hardly work with it. One thing I learned when I got my large press is that I was pretty damn efficient with the hair iron method. My yields didn’t go up much if any but it’s a hell of a lot less work.

5 Likes

How much do you crank that vice? Do you get it “arm tight” or put all your weight on it? Did you find one hair straightener that held up better than another? I’m doing this before I spend $400. Thanks brothers @argo945 and @ganjajuana!

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I bought a fancy iron off Amazon that had titanium plates and heat setting display from 170f. Some start at 250f which may be too hot. The plates still work fine, it was the plastic outer case that busted to pieces on me. The plates can still be used if mounted on a clamp or vice. I used a hand quick-clamp to press. I would ratchet up pressure about every 15 seconds or so until the parts started cracking under pressure.

Looking back, I should have just picked up a hair iron or few at the thrift store for cheap.

3 Likes

How long do you squish it for? Seconds? Minutes?

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I started with a hair straightener. When I broke the body of it, I removed the plates and attached them to a Irwin 500 pound clamp. Worked better.
Then I got the arbor press kit, threw the home made away. So much easier to do with the press. Mount mine to a table with C clamps. Pre press small amounts into “pucks”. Place in the plates. Slowly compressing the press over 30 seconds time to full smash. Place my knee up against edge of table, and pull back with all my weight, while sitting in a chair. Hold it for 40 seconds or so. IF it was mounted more rigid, you could lay your body weight on the handle and push down rather than pull down. My bud, who can bench press 400 lbs, puts one HELL of a crank on the press, bending the lever at full power! The press takes the stress, handle will bend or break before it does.
I went little because I press for only me, in 30 minutes total time I can press enough to last me for months. Then because it is so small, it just goes away into a cabinet, until next time I need it. I have made 10 grams before from it, took about an hour. Big press here will do that or more in one pull,lol. I think it would be cool to have a big sucker like this one here, and make ounce pulls with big returns, but for me it is just not needed.
I paid 299 bucks all in for my press, complete with plates, heater which can also run “nails” , and pressing handle. Had it 2 or 3 years now, never given me any issues. For a home “hobby” presser like myslef, it is all I really need.

6 Likes

Garden today.

I split out veg into shorties and tall ones . the tall ones are getting upcubed to hugos and flipped this week and the short ones got moved to the veg tent.

veg tent

closet

flower tent today

La shooting x Royalblood

(redlight x sk1) x argo3

Green Crack

Have a good weekend.

16 Likes

Hola Argo

How’s that Black Asad

I haven’t try it yet

Bare

4 Likes

me either first run with it in progress thanks to Mr Whipple.

5 Likes

squishishes getting bigger and better.

13 Likes

Love your grows mate I am sending you love and peace energies over the ocean! :heart:

7 Likes

17 Likes

:thinking: Hmm, no tile in the growroom? :sweat_smile:

(The light cover for the controller there is :thumbsup:)

:evergreen_tree: :blush:

7 Likes