Auto flower Lighting Schedule aka Robs Winter 2019 Shed Grow

Are those hydro grown

The three in the top picture

Hi @Spacecowboy
Yep in the cab in the pic belowā€¦

Oh ok cool @Robin thatā€™s an awesome setup!!

2 Likes

Cheers broā€¦ keeps me out of trouble :grin::grin:

2 Likes

Little updateā€¦ so far my light rigs been running 10x 3500cct solstrips delivering a modest 230 watts, today Iā€™ve turned on my flower strips, an additional 4 x 2700cct solstrips delivering an extra 190watts to the mix, giving me for my 1m3 (appx) grow cab the magic number of 42w per sq/ftā€¦
These are good enough guesstimates as my cab isnā€™t exactly squareā€¦ but it all adds up to a m3 ā€¦
Letā€™s see what that does to my starting the stretch girls(?) ā€¦ that are pretty tight on the node spacing so far under the 3500ā€™sā€¦
EC at 17, PH 5.5, RH 60% +/-, res temp 23 with the extra lights Iā€™m expecting a cab temp of 25 once everything has warmed upā€¦ Iā€™m using Vitalink Plant Start for the veg period, the blurb says you canā€™t overfeedā€¦ lol
Iā€™ll be switching to bloom nutes in a week as they will be 5 weeks and as autos they should be flipping themselves about now, 28 days old tomorrowā€¦

Happy Sunday fellow OG ers

5 Likes

9 Likes

Indicas always look weird to me since I grow outside. lol Always with the sativa hybrids here. Gonna attempt an outdoor indica this season I think.

3 Likes

OMG 24hrs of 420w and look at the growth ā€¦

Advice needed, Iā€™m getting rusty spots and some tip curlā€¦ Iā€™m guessing over feedingā€¦ would anyone suggest differently :grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

Looks like over feeding locking other stuff outā€¦

3 Likes

Cheers @ReikoX
That rings trueā€¦ Iā€™ve wrecked s couple of otherwise decent grows by over feedingā€¦ Iā€™ll go check the EC later, yesterday it was 17, minus local water reading of 7ā€¦ 10, just over half strength, Iā€™m gonna go find the you canā€™t overfeed page on the vitalink product pages :grin::grin:
So my only real idea would be to bang in a few litres of plain water and bring EC below 15ish and LITFAā€¦:grin::grin:

3 Likes

Well itā€™s didnā€™t say impossible rather ā€¦

ā€œThereā€™s very little risk of over-fertilising - Plant Startā€™s a gentle mixā€¦ā€

Hey ho ā€¦on we go
ā€¦:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Letā€™s be sensibleā€¦how can I leave it alone if I havnt fiddled @ReikoX the words locking other stuff out made me thinkā€¦ Iā€™ve had them running on seedlings rations and they are flowering mature plants , on close inspection the newer growth is yellowy as if underfed ā€¦ermmm (Pistles everywhere on all but my runt :grin::grin:) anyway one quick res change later the are now sitting on 1/2 strength Bloom nutes, now hopefully they will actually get the things they need
net EC 9 PH RH & temps all over the place,but my cab will sort that lot out over the next few hoursā€¦ I also raised my light to appx 10" above the growth tipsā€¦
Now I can apply my favourite product of all and LITFA and catch up with the punisher on Netflix :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Still have the last two episodes of Punisher to finish. :skull:

2 Likes

I was reading University of Floridaā€™s floritaculture website the other day which said that Magnesium deficiencies can cause phosphorous lock out. Have you given them any Cal/Mag or Epsom salts during your grow? You may want to try that.

3 Likes

Hi @Meesh, thanks for your researchā€¦ no I hadnā€™t thought about additives, I was going to watch the plant closely for a few days now Iā€™m on appropriate nutesā€¦
@ReikoX Iā€™m looking at some fat fan leaves shading a lot of new growth here, is a bit / lot of defoliation acceptable for autos, Iā€™d love to get rid of the damaged leaves and expose some fresh branches to the lightā€¦:grin::grin::scissors::scissors:

6 Likes

@Meesh cal mag ordered, good old amazon, should have it tomorrow , Thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For a bit of a change of view i thought id take my webcam for a tour around my growcab, it is an ex demo empty g-tools G400 into which I fitted my shitā€¦

A view of the insides and some of the kit I use , I love my BlueLab PH Controller, its not quite set and forget, but its better than doing it manuallyā€¦

Ecotechnics Fanspeed and CO2 Controllersā€¦ and one of 4 sonoff r2ch4ā€™s running all the kit in the cab

Elegant CO2 delivery pipe :slight_smile:

My beautiful Solstrips Rig courtesy of @anon58740919 10x 3500cct running at 23w per strip and 4 strips at 2700cct running at 46w per strip, veg and flower are on dimmable meanwell drivers, my cabs app 1 m2 or 10sq ft so im vegging at 23w per sq/ft and flowering at appx 41w per sq/ftā€¦ Happy Days :slight_smile:

separate seedling/veg area with Oxypot for an extra plant next run ā€¦

9 Likes

One of my favourite viewsā€¦ :slight_smile: :smiley:

The sonoff there runs the lights a fan the Bluelab ā€¦ the mains feed in is split with the Wagos to run the other sonoffs in the cab powering all the other bits

and a handy heater running on a thermaostatic plug powered by a TH16 temperature sensitive switchā€¦ a safety feature as i have the heater only on in a range within a range based on x 2 sensors, not just oneā€¦

9 Likes

Robin, you can trim autos. Go easy on them though, stress will reduce yield. I often just tuck leaves under the canopy, the plant usually ā€œeatsā€ any leaves that are not producing. Remember the leaves are the plantsā€™ solar panels not the buds.

4 Likes