Auto flower Lighting Schedule aka Robs Winter 2019 Shed Grow

I know you mentioned pH at 5.5, bump it up to 5.7 and double check your calibration. Low pH looks to be locking out phosphorus, calcium, and magnesium.

Also, autos tend to be lighter feeders, but at EC 1.4 you aren’t too high IMO.

5 Likes

Cheers @ReikoX
I’ve set the bluelab PH to 5.8 I had to add 6L ish of water to the res and it’s sitting at PH 5.7, calibrated within last 30 days, it has an alarm for that…
EC is now at 12 , I’ll leave it like that. :grin::grin: and check the PH in the morning…

4 Likes

Nice, I forget you have that fancy dose for pH :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

Have you backed off on the water? Maybe they need some dry spells or off times for the pump.

2 Likes

@Pedro_Bann hi mate, thanks for jumping in… I was running the pump 24/7 it certainly wouldn’t hurt , I’ve just put a timer on it 6hrs on 6hrs off.
PH this morning had gone back to 5.0 so I’ve added more plain water to get it back to 5.7 . I’m home today so can monitor it from time to time :grin:
Thanks for the help everyone :grin::grin::grin:

5 Likes

Back end of the day, PH steady at 5.7, EC had dropped to 9 so gave them 20ml A&B nutes and same calmag… EC sat back at 14… it’s a warm uk winter day so cab temps have been up at 30c , I’m emptying 5L a day out of my shed de humidifier , no wonder I got mold last year… plants seem to be getting through plenty of water I wonder how much is just evaporated and sucked into my shed…
LIFTA for a few days, just monitor EC and PH :grin::grin:

9 Likes

Warm??? Your obviously not as far north as me lol :+1:

2 Likes

@Esrgood4u about 400miles further tropical I would guess :grin::grin:

3 Likes

It could be worse I suppose. @Gaz29 must be freezing haha

4 Likes

Things seem to have settled with improved PH levels, thanks guys. Plants are all showing flower sites gonna be a long 2 months watching em fatten in to sweet buds :grin::grin:

10 Likes

Looking better :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

Well Sunday Sunday…
After all last week’s shit with nutes and PH all over the place I went for a complete res clean and a tidy up…
My only concern with the Rhizo pots is that I have appx 18 inches of good solid roots grown out though the bottom and spread nft style in the nutrient return channels… that will be the last time I take the plants out I don’t know if I have damaged the roots and assuming this don’t kill em I’m leaving well alone now :grin:

One shitty res…

This is helmet head…

And her sisters…

All nice and tucked in …

8 Likes

Well, maybe it’s me but I don’t see any improvement if anything they are worse :disappointed_relieved:

Any ideas would be welcomed
The pics are my best and worst… best being the runt :joy::joy:
EC13 PH 5.7 res temp 22 air temp +/- 25… the system is consuming 4L of water a day and I’m emptying 5L a day from my shed de humidifier and it’s damp out.
I’m happy that the drop in EC over the last 2 days from 16 to 10 tells me the plants are eating and drinking

My worst for wear…
Oops edited wrong pic :joy::joy:

Helmet head…

4 Likes

Sorry bro, I’m stumped…

3 Likes

At last… a couple of days of careful EC and PH management they are responding ok… they have noticeably filled out, there are plenty of bud sites now and a half decent canopy at last , I think the next couple of weeks will be interesting when growth stops and the flowers begin to set in properly… if their seed info is anything to go by they say 85 days from seed, I’m on day 45 today :grin::grin:
EC14 PH5.7 temps 21 res 25air…co2 1300

7 Likes

This girl looks strange as hell… Like a fern instead of MJ. Closest problem I found in my grow bible was curling and burnt edges equal light burn. That’s all I got.

3 Likes

Hi @Meesh
They are close to the light but not hot there, My solstrips are running at half capacity and barely warm to the touch. I’m thinking this whole problem was caused by myself… early nutes for veg were missed out, I went from plant start straight to bloom nutes… maybe the lack of early grow nutes caused an imbalance that’s manifested now…
It seems all this shit started after about 3 weeks… 3 weeks ago…coincidence… My first thoughts were undernourished…then I made the switch to bloom nutes and it’s gone wrong since :grin::grin:
Still they are making flowers…

4 Likes

@Robin If you get a carbon monoxide monitor and pump you won’t have to change your lights butt dialing it in could be a problem not to mention trying to get one

Hi @Spacecowboy sorry buddy you lost me… I got co2 …I didn’t think carbon monoxide was a thing :no_mouth::joy::joy:

Yeah sorry bud I just got done smoking lol anyways if you up your CO2 light burn should quit