Beacher seed project - Orange Goji X Everything

Just found this today but it was a Nice read! You hit some good numbers, congrats man.

4 Likes

Thanks. You should like the orange goji itā€™s got a very unique flavor, and anything crossed with the orange sunshine should be good n dank haha

8 Likes

Looks like your seed stash will be good for a while!! Kickass crosses there, man!!!

8 Likes

I love making my own seeds and I enjoy doing it. I love the idea of using a good male on a bunch of good females from different lines. Iā€™m thinking of doing something similar with the Secret Chief I have been waitingg to try. I think thereā€™s some killer keepers to be found in those and will be making f2s so I have enough seed to really search for something special. Iā€™ve got a bunch of killer stuff to run in the next few months and will be taking clones from the keepers I find to make a bunch of hybrids with the Secret Chief. I love me some sfvog and I think it would make some excellent seed stock to look through.

9 Likes

I find the same thing if the roots in the solo cup start to build up in to a ball when I Transplant I break up the root ball the trick is always up pot bet fire the roots have a chance to circle

I normally run clones the roots travel towards the water and I get a better root system
I also use liquid mycorrhizae ( orca ) in the Rez
Peace

8 Likes

Ya Iā€™ve never really made seeds in all my years of growing before, itā€™s definitely fun. I think howardcrane on here made some crosses with the sfvog if Iā€™m not mistaken and they looked awesome. Itā€™s cool to see what shows up from different crosses, genetics are a mysterious thing lol

@Papalag Iā€™ve always been a ā€˜dont touch anythingā€™ when I transplant guy, but I think youā€™re right. I had a friend who swore by ā€˜ticking the Rootsā€™ whenever he transplanted stuff :thinking:

7 Likes

Also I found certain strains if there roots are confined they will force themselves in to flower I actually thought there was some auto flowering in the genes
But with further research it seems to happen
Just killed a petolia pink mom never been in anything other then 18/6 in a 1/2 gallon pot and started to bud my clone is revegging now

6 Likes

Wasnā€™t me with the sfvog, unfortunately. Would love to get my hands on that :wink:

I did make a whole bunch of Orange Goji crosses though, lol. Basically did my own version of Orange Goji x Everything, and ended up with a couple thousand seeds all told.

Making seeds is quite fulfilling as far as Iā€™m concerned. I really enjoy making my own crosses and growing out the seeds to see what I get. Not everything is a winner, but some of the best weed Iā€™ve ever grown or smoked has been from my own pollen chucks, so itā€™s been extremely rewarding over time.

18 Likes

I have had that happen a couple of times now with a mom and a male I was keeping. I thought the same, that they had some auto genes in them lol.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve seen that from Sweet Tooth, Blueberry crosses, and a few others, myself. Itā€™s a bit annoying for trying to keep mothers, or holding clones while waiting for space to open up, imo.

9 Likes

@beacher, @Howard.Crane @Shadey
Recently talking to a friend on another forum he root prunes his moms every 2 to 4 months to keep them small and not force flowering
Not to sure how to do so I need to do more research

9 Likes

Iā€™ve thought about that. There are old threads around about keeping ā€œbonsaiā€ mothers that Iā€™ve found intriguing.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve done it a bit over the years and it always went ok but I killed one a few months back lol. Guess I got a little too aggressive with the haircut šŸ¤·

5 Likes

I use 16oz. Fabric pots on my bonsai moms. No need to root prune.

11 Likes

Iā€™ve got moms in solo cups that have had 3 massive haircutsā€¦ down to a few leaves left lol. I wonder how long theyā€™ll survive

4 Likes

Reading this makes me want to build a box too! thanks :+1:

4 Likes

I hack momā€™s down to like 2 growth tips all the time they actually seem to really like it and it saves in the watering.

@ReikoX Iā€™ve still yet to try fabric pots they look great, the closet Iā€™ve come is drilling a bunch of holes in plastic pots which isnā€™t very effective

@invisible glad you enjoyed. Some black white plastic and a bit of wood and youā€™re in business!

8 Likes

Thatā€™s what I like about it, the simplicity :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well I like that mine is collapsible, if you use some lag bolts and nuts its easy to stash somewhere. Although mines still up in an extra bedroom empty and will probably be there for like 6 monthsā€¦lazy!

7 Likes

:laughing:

I might even use a Tall boy dresser hollowed out I need the stealth factor as well.

5 Likes