Black cherry soda

I have a single BCS Bx2 from Annunaki in veg rn; the lone soldier of 8 popped. I picked up a 1/2 pack when they were in stock about a year and a half ago. I’m getting feminine vibes from them but it’s inconclusive as of yet. Very very slow grower, has a little bit of a greasy mutated look to it.

4 Likes

Not sure if any of these are the ones you’re looking for, I’ve never grown it out before. It seams there’s a few different versions and a few different breeders

https://seedsforme.com/product/black-cherry-soda-clones-tier-3/

https://seedsforme.com/product/black-cherry-soda-clones-cuttings/

2 Likes

BTW, I found this list from JAWS of all the crosses he made with the cut back in 2017 if you ever come across these in trading or auctions:

On an unrelated note, and this is something I’m sure you already know @zephyr but I wanted to say it here just for everyone else, Black Cherry Soda seems to originate in Oregon medical circles, and the work from Subcool with it is because he got a clone from someone named Fat Dave. So that’s the single thread between stuff from the TGA lineage vs stuff that’s supposed to be the Oregon cut, presumably they’re the same but that’s the link, according to him. I think he said that he asked Dioxide to find it for him and that’s how he met Fat Dave, if I’m remembering correctly.

3 Likes

No worries misterbee, I really appreciate it. Thanks for taking a look for me.

2 Likes

Looks like that one doesn’t have the black cherry soda in it. Sounds like a great hybrid though.

If what I found online is accurate the genetics break down to (blackberry x cherry pie) x purple punch.

You’re correct on the initial lineage, but the Black Cherry Pie is a Black Cherry Soda cross according to seedfinder.

2 Likes

interesting. Unfortunately the prices are completely bonkers- $500 for a single clone, $250 for a cutting. Can’t really consider it at that price unfortunately.

3 Likes

That’s great info, I will definitely get in touch with those members and see if they are interested in a collaborative breeding project or a trade.

@Gardenartus do you still have the black cherry soda cut? maybe we could work together on some hybrid outcrosses to get those genetics into seed form.

3 Likes

I found that chem soda yesterday, seems like my best bet to get something in seed form. It’s an f2 so theoretically there should be a lot of diversity and potential to find dominant phenos that represent the parent lines.

It’s at the top end of my price range though at $100 for 12 seeds. Not too bad, but it would definitely be one of the most expensive packs I have ever bought.

1 Like

Very cool, I’m interested to hear what you find. Would you have any use for it if it turns out to be a male?

Does that mean the germ rates were low on the annunaki seeds?

2 Likes

I see, it was made with the inhouse genetics black cherry pie?
(black cherry soda x cherry pie)

I found a five pack of that inhouse black cherry pie in stock at a reputable euro seed bank, but the price was pretty steep for only 5 seeds.

1 Like

That’s exactly right.

I’m in oregon, and the cut has not been in circulation much in my area after 2016. I used to see it in dispensary menus shortly after legalization, and I got that locally made s1 in 2015 or 16, but it was pretty much gone from the commercial market by 2018.

The market quickly shifted to cookies and cookies outcrosses, and all the old ommp and black market lines got pushed out. The ommp scene pretty much got busted up by changing regulations and competition from the rec market when legalization happened. And weirdly, the regulations in the medical system have become extremely restrictive after legalization.

edit- also that black cherry soda x blue dream fem sounds like a dream come true for med patients. I hope that’s still around somewhere.

1 Like

No Cherry Pie I don’t think, In-House can definitely be steep priced sometimes.

1 Like

Found a clone nursery in OR with some BCS crosses on the menu:

https://www.pacificgreengrowers.com/find-us

2 Likes

Thanks, I keep a list of pdx area clone nurseries and I wasn’t aware of this one. This is a very helpful reference.

I would definitely try that black cherry punch that @caucasiancrip was talking about.

Most of the dispensaries that retail their clones only stock clones on a seasonal basis, but I will keep a close eye on their menus this february when they start stocking cuts again. I’ll look into putting in a request for that cut with some of their dispensary partners.

Some of the dispensary partners on the list are outdated- five zero trees is my favorite dispensary around here, and none of their locations have stocked clones in about 3 years. Looks like that’s their only PDX area retailer.

Most of their locations are in roseburg- I have a friend who drives up there pretty regularly so I might be able to him to pick me up some cuts.

Thanks again @Dirt_Wizard all these tips have been very helpful.

6 Likes

You’re welcome, @zephyr I’m always down to use my hyperfocus research skills to help a fellow Overgrower track down that strain that really worked for them, especially these kind of medical collective-era stuff that’s been washed away by commercial varieties. The last thing I’m going to drop here (I think?) is this very nice photo of BCS from a photographer’s 2017 Instagram post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUuTn-gl1YL/?igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY=

4 Likes

I can take some cuts if you’d like. I’ll dig around and find some pics of her flowering if I can.

5 Likes

9 Likes

Yeah, for me at least they were. I couldn’t say for sure if it was the beans or my soil to blame, but I only got 1 of 8 to pop.

Yes I will most certainly put them to use boy or girl

3 Likes

Ok I was wrong, I’m still digging. When I do this I’m trying to put together some responses on a thread so other people can find it and not have to try and do the digging, besides all of us enjoying this. By education, I’m a journalist, though I never worked in the field, and I love digging these facts out of the mess that is The Internet

I needed to know who Fat Dave was, this is the story of “Dave” and the Garden of Weeden in five parts from Subcool in Weed World Magazine 1999:

And an article about choosing a new mom:

Still trying to see if Dave ever came aboveground, he was somewhere within a few hours south of Portland at the time based on Subcool talking about taking a drive up to the Third Eye to buy a new pipe.

3 Likes