Black cherry soda

@zephyr
Years ago i read that Subcool had said that Black Cherry Soda was in fact Blackberry Kush.
But at the time, Kushes were flooding the market and Sub didn’t like the “Kush” association. So he changed the name to Black Cherry Soda when he used it in Ace of Spades and Plushberry.

I suspect there is a high level of THC-V in Blackberry Kush.

Annunaki Genetics is the best breeder of BCS hybrids i grew years ago. But most of that work is sold out now.
Except F2s of Annunaki Genetic’s Huckleberry Soda (Black Cherry Soda x Huckleberry Hound). This strain had a very strong body effect for me but didn’t make me sleepy.
These are available again from Seedsforme in Washington state, and i highly recommend.

https://seedsforme.com/product/huckleberry-soda-f2/

While in the Annunaki section, check out the Annunaki Gift Seeds page. They have a Black Cherry Soda x Sour Cyclone (CBD) cross available.

https://seedsforme.com/product/annunaki-gift-seeds/

Also, Purple Caper Seeds sells a Blackberry Fire that uses a Blackberry Kush mom. I have smoked the BF and it was superb. Clones were available at Dark Heart Nursery.

Good luck in your quest, i will update if i find new sources for BCS genetics.

4 Likes

Thanks for the annunaki link budwhisperer, that’s helpful.

It’s funny that a lot of the bogus / knockoff seeds that I have found online list the genetics of black cherry soda as a hybrid of Ace of Spades and Plushberry, because of course, the black cherry soda is actually the mother of those two hybrids.

I don’t think that is correct about blackberry kush being the same as black cherry soda. the growth traits, flower structure, color, and effects are very different.

Blackberry / blackberry kush is a great strain though, also very medicinal.

There is an old breedbay post from sub that he made right after acquiring the cutting, it doesn’t mention anything like that. He says it is a unique cut that they had been hunting down.

Although he does say it smelled like blackberries to him, so maybe that is where this idea is coming from.

https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/black-cherry-soda-under-evaluation.201349299/

2 Likes

Thank you for the breedbay link @zephyr . I wish Subcool had a smoke report description of the effects, but it sure looks like it’s related to several BCS crosses by Annunaki.

I think you’ll find what you’re looking for via Annunaki Genetics. He “Adam” told me he still has the orig. BCS mom plant. And a few years ago (2017) his strains were avail. as clones in WA or maybe Nor. Cal. area.

I think you’re correct. Having smoked a couple diff. BCS crosses, compared to Blackberry and Blackberry Fire, i do feel the BCS had a much stronger indica style body effect. It was unique in how the BCS really relaxed my muscles.

2 Likes

Someone is truly obsessed, I’ve never seen a Seedfinder page like this with descendents up through ten generations, this is wild guys:

4 Likes

I found an old smoke report i did on Rollitup in 2018.

Annunaki Genetics’

Black Cherry Soda X Purple Persuasion

For a couple years now I have been loving Annunaki Genetics Seeds,

The Black Cherry Soda X Purple Persuasion I grew was dank and pungent (imagine a sweet and sour berry OG Kush but better yields).

At 6 weeks flower, the buds evoke smells of strawberry gummy bears, grape popsicles, dried cherries and raspberry jam.

After about a 3 week cure I smoke tested the BCS x PP flowers.

Dark fruit smells like blackberries, raisins, plums and dates comes to mind.

Peaceful, content and calm head effects. Very relaxed and heavy body! It actually felt like my body was all of a sudden sagging and melting, it made me sit down because I didn’t want to move at all. Just sit and enjoy the comfortable feeling.

The Black Cherry Soda female adds a really strong relaxing body effect so I really enjoy this after work or nighttime.

Since this is now one of the sold-out strains; for similar terpenes I would try the awesome-looking Huckleberry Soda F2 or one of it’s offspring. Huckleberry Soda has the cut of Black Cherry Soda female in the cross.

4 Likes

I’m a bit obsessed i’ll admit. BCS is a unique mysterious strain. With very heavy body effects at least for me.

In my humble opinion i think there is Purple Pakistan Chitral Kush genes in the BCS. The effects, flavor and flower color from Purple Pakistan Chitral Kush is the closest possible match that i’ve smoked to a Black Cherry Soda.

5 Likes

Nice, I was thinking similarly, I popped some PCK and Sour Bubble as potential mates for the single BCS I have up.

4 Likes

I can try when im in lala land.
P.s
How accurate is this site u think?

1 Like

Oregon Elite has the Chem Soda F2’s for a little under $40 a pack, in case you’re still considering that one.

2 Likes

Jaw’s Genetics @GLG might be worth a look.

1 Like

The cloud city link looks pretty good to me. They say it’s an unknown hybrid and don’t list fake parent lines like many sites do.

The photo looks pretty good to me, with the prominent tufts of pistils, and the bud growing in solid purple, unlike other strains that fade purple. And the fact that the fan leaves are green on top, and pale purple on the underside all seems correct based on my experience.

I would give their cut a try if I had access.

The other site is innacurate. The genetics are completely wrong. The genetics are unknown. They have the genetics listed as blackberry x subcool’s chernobyl. Subcool worked with the black cherry soda, he didn’t breed it.

The description of the effect seem like the usual way too specific descriptions they make up on sites like leafly.

I do think that they are correct that this strain is medicinal for muscular conditions and migraines.

5 Likes

well im pretty pissed.
I called and texted they never gave me an address downtown to go to.
SO a no show or it wasnt worth it for them for 100 bux to get 5 clones min from clone conservatory.
Cloud city pickup is hour away and i couldnt go due family drama n shit.
I picked up some other shit.
Next time ill hit cloud city when i have time im going back to la in spring.

3 Likes

One is ures i have to figure it out. I drove through a sand storm from that helmhole so ima rest till tomorrow

6 Likes

So this is a bit of a long shot lol. Last year I was looking for a couple of clones to toss out in the yard, and was just searching every place I could think of to see what was available. One of those places was Craigslist (I’m in PDX), and someone I got in touch with offered BCS as one of their options. I ended up never meeting with them, so I didn’t get to run and verify it last year. That said, people don’t really talk about BCS anymore, so I doubt they’d have a ton of reason to make that up.

A CL rando certainly isn’t the ideal way of tracking a cut down, but if you’re interested in taking that gamble, I can dig through my emails and try to see if I can still contact them.

2 Likes

Thanks for thinking of it and getting in touch. That’s actually very intriguing. I would definitely be interested in giving this hookup a shot when it’s time to start planting outdoors.

Whenever it’s convenient, it would be awesome if you can pass on any relevant contact info in a private message.

Thanks again @GuyMontag

1 Like

Will do! I was already planning on reaching back out to them closer to spring, so I’ll let you know what I find out either way :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I got a black cherry soda clone a week ago.

8 Likes

14 Likes