Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Well shit, GREAT JOB. U deffo killed it! Not much trim it seemed either, huh? Thanks for the info. Stay safe :fist:t5::call_me_hand:t5:
Peace

8 Likes

Thank you, appreciate the kind words!
The trim was minimal on both but the Frutti pheno did have less work

11 Likes

Those buds look great @BeagleZ and judging by the smoke report it sounds like they smoke as good as they look, the fruity i pheno sounds real nice, love me some good sleepy stuff at the end of the day

9 Likes

Looking good buddy! Great report! Can’t wait to give them a proper smoke test. Maybe today?

7 Likes

Thanks Crunch! Still working on my vocabulary and articulation while being stoned :wink:

Trying to get thru some things this morning, will catch up a little later!

6 Likes

I might be a little bit biased because I made the hybrid haha, but the Hogfish (Hazmat OG x Blowfish) is fucking unique and potent to boot. Every time I trim one after drying, the smell is pungent enough that it kind of burns my eyes and nostrils. I love it haha. I recently made a small batch of F2s, but I will be attempting to pollinate for a larger batch in a couple of days. Time will tell. Positive vibes…

Good looking out. Farmerjoe is good people. I was lucky enough to receive some old stock from @barefrog (thank you again!), so I will be looking through those at some point. Positive vibes…

I went through ~100 of the F2s to find the 2 females and 3 males that I have kept around. I worked with the '88 G-13/HP quite a bit back in the day and ran the Triangle Kush enough to say that there are varying degrees/ nice mixes of both parents represented in the F2s that I have. I kept a female that leans GHash and one that leans TK. The 3 males are TK leaning, GHash leaning, and middle-of-the-road, based on structure.

As for the Black Triangle being dominant in hybrids, in all honesty, I couldn’t tell you at the moment. I am vegging my (Tropicanna Cookies x Herijuana) x (Black Triangle F2) and (Hazmat OG x Blowfish) x (Black Triangle F2) right now. It will be interesting to see if the Black Triangle shines through in the hybrids. My Tropicanna Cookies and also Blowfish that I used in hybrids seem to shine through in most of the hybrids that I have looked through. I would love a nice mix of the parents. I have made quite a few hybrids with my Black Triangle F2 plants, so we shall see. Positive vibes…

To anyone who is paying attention, the pollinations of the Bandaid Haze IX 3.0 and Bermuda Triangle Haze with Black Triangle F2 pollen appears to have been successful. No matter how long I have been doing this, that is always a nice feeling.

Just a heads up to anyone who PMs me or has comments directed towards me on any forums, it may take me a while, but I always do my best to respond to everyone that I can. Please feel free to reach out again if you haven’t heard back in a week or two, as it has most likely gotten lost. I promise that I am never purposely not responding to anyone. I work full time, garden 30-40 hours a week and do my damnedest to spend as much of my free time with my family. I do not get a lot of time to dedicate to being online.

As a side note, is anyone getting extreme melon smells from their Zap plants? I had a female smack me in the face today with such a loud scent of melons that it stopped me in my tracks. Quite a few of the Zap plants have something similar. I hesitate to call the smell watermelon, but it is definitely similar. The smells can definitely change multiple times between veg and flower/a nice cure. Interesting for sure though. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

38 Likes

Now that Hogfish sounds RIGHT UP MY ALLEY! The eye/nose assaulting dank strains are definitely my go to. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out. My good friend is working with the blowfish x appy (popped yesterday) so I’m hoping to be able to play with it some after he F2’s it. This was one I never thought I’d see so I’m stoked and super hopeful.

11 Likes

Goji F2

So far I’m extremely happy with how this has turned out and most appear to have flower morphology and odor that is as good as, and in some cases better than the mother. A few in particular have improved calyx to leaf ratios and appear to have slightly improved trichome density, while retaining a similar offensive odor to the mother. The most important test (effects) could change my opinion, but I’m optimistic. No intersex traits have been observed, but a few fertility sensitive phenos exhibited clawing and were culled early on. Not sure if that was genetic or a problem with the medium.

A variety of flower structures are present, all having their own unique appeal to them. Here are 2 that stand out to me at the moment with different morphology and attractive calyx to leaf ratios.

60 Likes

Wow, they look incredible :star_struck:

8 Likes

hell yeah thanks for the report cant wait to see what i find in my pack both phenos sound wonderful

6 Likes

Hey folks, looking for a little help in the form of information on these.
Gorilla Glue # 4 x Apollo 11 genius pheno,
Bodhi released these as a gift to Breedbay a few years back and they’ve caught my attention recently after falling in love with DB x A11gp.
Anyone run them or any info would be great, I have searched here and online in general, but info is scarce.

48 Likes

Fun! Are you journaling this? If so link me, if not keep us posted on how these do.

5 Likes

Yeah, should be a bit of fun to run.
I’ll loosely document them in my perpetual thread, I’ll send you a link for sure.

8 Likes

Harvested my Pura Vida F2 S1 today. Plant lived it’s entire life outside. Seed was popped at the end of October, so it is a true winter outdoor plant. Looked a little ragged, flowered for 75 days, not quite finished, but was getting some mold so I took her. She is incredibly similar to her mother in structure and smell. Very dense tight buds with a mix of zesty sour chem and sweet kush smell.

Here is a look at the harvest process:

I still have a few little buds left from the mother plant that I will save until this one is cured to compare.

If anyone is interested in growing these out, I have a few I can share. I would just ask that if you take them, you grow them vs. putting them in the collection, as I don’t have that many.

44 Likes

Looking pretty frosty. How’d the original plant smoke for you?

11 Likes

The original smokes awesome! I found it be an incredibly relaxing indica, with a nice body stone, and spacey head high. She never really translated her sour smell when she was harvested into flavor of the weed though. It was a lot more floral than chemmy.

Here is the full report I did: Bodhi seed's Pura Vida Preservation Run (CLOSED) - #785 by Greasy

12 Likes

Really cool. I have been curious about the Pura Vida. Unfortunately there is no such thing as a winter plant here where I live or at least not a winter pot plant. Now the day someone breeds one that grows under 4 feet of snow I am all over it :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Haha, I recognize how lucky I am in southern california to be able to grow outdoor year round! It’s pretty awesome. I would like to go back to the original F2’s and see what else I can find. Based on @nube’s run, I think my pheno is a little bit of an outlier in it’s short and stocky structure.

12 Likes

Ah, okay, yeah, I remember that report now. I have some of those f2’s, as well, planted a few a couple grows ago, but they all turned out male. I wanna plant some more, but I’m not sure when I’m gonna get to it. I really want some for some summertime smoke haha…

11 Likes

Anyone can say what the potency on good medicine?.

4 Likes