Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Pestilence x Snow Lotus, nothing too exciting yet but 12/12 sprouted above soil just under 2.5 weeks ago. Potted them up into 2 gallon containers two days ago from the 4 inch pots they were started in. Hope to get a 4x4 raised bed in this space in the next few weeks to flower them out in after they are all sexed.

45 Likes

I had four females that I seeded for an F3 generation, Iā€™ve only smoke the shuck of 3 so far but the effects have been overall pretty nice. Largely uplifting high, very social, good conversation weed. The kind where you burn a joint and feel your eyes go a little squinty and just feel a little happier and engaged with whatever youā€™re doing. One pheno is a little bit heavier/stonier, but not really anything that would put you down into the couch. Iā€™m running all four females as sensi right now and expect those same effects just magnified. Iā€™ll do a smoke report when the time comes. Currently almost at the end of week 2 of flower right now so itā€™ll be a while before I get to sample em proper. @nube alao posted smoke reports on his original thread where he made the F2s I believe

27 Likes

Black Triangle F2 day 61. Lemony and pine smells from stem rubbing.

62 Likes

Goji 2017 F2s and Goji 2021 F2s were tested alongside each other. Completely different parents and completely different growth habits, smells, flower morphology and stability. Very little similarities between the two.

2017 - Ranges between high to extreme internodal spacing with resinous towering calyxes that fox-tail sometimes in a spiraling pattern. Smells are very light and unappealing. The most attractive phenotype has smells that range from light floral, vanilla, strawberry milk, and has a more traditional bud structure without the spiraling calyx towers. Intersex traits are definitely present in these F2s at an uncomfortable rate. Trichomes seem more oily-powdery than sticky. After the second time trying these they are a disappointment in my book.

Above mentioned 2017 phenotype which did not throw any male flowers (that I know of at least) :

2021 on the other hand seems to be a completely different beast. Large, very dense flowers with varying floral cluster arrangements and calyx to leaf ratios, all appealing in my book. Growth appears to be strong and compact, with just enough internodal spacing for complete spear-shaped or golf ball bud development, depending on pheno. Smells are a bit complex but nothing too out of the ordinary : gas, pine, pepper, rubber are all present. Not too much variation in the smell department, but definitely more pronounced than the subtle 2017 F2s. Trichomes are on the sticky side and abundant. No intersex traits have been observed but more testing wouldnā€™t hurt.

My current favorite phenotype based on morphology and smell. Focusing on those characteristics I would say it is superior to the mother at the moment. Hopefully the effects are thereā€¦

Very dense, chunky somewhere in between pine-cone and golf-ball flowers.

Similar to above

Going off of memory this is similar to the mother.

Next time I post about these will probably be early vape test opinion Iā€™m guessing. Iā€™ll be looking for a couple 2021 Goji F2 testers (states only) after this project has concluded if thereā€™s interest at that time. Curious to see if they remain stable in other environments and would be interested in opinions.

62 Likes

Please do a smoke report on your BT f2ā€™s some time. Killer-looking flowers you grew.

15 Likes

Good question. I only have one pheno. Beauty of a plant, big solid main cola, lots of sparkleā€¦but no buzz. I get a good feeling but not stoned, itā€™s different. I took 3 clones and will hopefully get a couple good ones going outside this season.

8 Likes

Do you think you got a CBD dominant phenotype? Any observed medical effects?

7 Likes

I do think I got a CBD leaner. The bud looks the same as thc bud, maybe better. After the next round I may have some of it tested to find out whatā€™s what. I would need to quantify it to move forward anyway as my interest lies in edibles and salves mostly.
My bro-scientific reasoning is that since I am not getting a buzz from a plant that looks, feels, and smells like it would blow me awayā€¦it must be CBD. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Is anyone growing the metal haze that Bodhi put out?

8 Likes

Not yet but when I do, I want to pop some of my Bruce Banners, cross them, and call it Bruce Dickinson after the lead singer of Iron fucking Maiden! :metal: :skull: :metal:

14 Likes

Alternate name suggestion: More Cowbell :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Iā€™ve got some of those Metal Haze F2ā€™s from the Bodhi preservation drop, and will probably be popping a few this year.
Iā€™ll tag you @Emeraldgreen (if can remember).

10 Likes

Iā€™ll be on the lookout for sure! Iā€™m really interested in them. Crossing my fingers that a co op run happens for them honestly lol

5 Likes

Bodhi already got a line called more cowbell, itā€™s the forum cut x the 88g13 male I think, kinda wanna try it haha

13 Likes

I already posted this on my grow log, but since not everybody reads that one, I figured Iā€™d copy-and-paste the Soar smoke report here, too. Chopped her on day 56, which was much, much earlier than I was anticipating.

Looks:

Smell: Unbelievably fruity, like a tropical fruit salad or something. A friend of mine brought her friend over last week, I dunno what her deal is, but sheā€™s really big on smelling perfumes and figuring them out. Apparently, small-batch perfume makers will send her samples to get her opinion and shit. Itā€™s not her job, Iā€™m not sure how they know about her, maybe she has a blog or something? I donā€™t know, but I guess she has a really good nose. So I handed her a jar and she said she was getting guava, mango, orange juice, banana chips (like those dehydrated banana snack things) and lime zest. Iā€™m also picking up on a sorta cat pissy thing, but itā€™s not off-putting or anything. It actually kind of reminds me a lot of the way Pineapple Express smelled, way back when that was all over the place, but even better. In any event, itā€™s very fruity-smelling haha. Like, overwhelmingly fruity. Really good.

Flavor: pretty much the same as it smells. My palate isnā€™t nearly as developed as that chickā€™s nose haha, so Iā€™m not sure I can say for certain that Iā€™m tasting banana chips or anything, but it definitely tastes like a tropical fruit smoothie. Very impressive.

Effects: I mentioned on another thread a while back, I think it was on the Bodhi thread, that I was hoping that this particular Soar plant would turn out the same way Bodhi described the Big Sur Holy Bud he grew, when he said it was ā€œa Sativa high masterfully bred towards an Indica frame,ā€ and thatā€™s exactly what I got. The high is nothing if not ā€œSativa.ā€ Itā€™s relaxing, but I wouldnā€™t say that thereā€™s a significant amount of ā€œbodyā€ to the high.

I also donā€™t think Iā€™m ever gonna smoke it after, like, 7pm, either. Iā€™ve blazed it a couple times right around 8 or 8:30 and realized that itā€™s not really the best weed for winding down. Which isnā€™t to say that itā€™s racy or anything, because it absolutely isnā€™t. But itā€™s an eye-opener for sure; a very comfortable eye-opener. Itā€™s super-giggly and makes me feel very comfortable in my own skin, which not every weed strain does. I donā€™t get anxious or edgy or self-conscious at all. Itā€™s classic Good Time Weed.

The thing I like most about the Soar is that itā€™s one of those strains that hits me in waves. After about an hour of being good and baked, Iā€™ll start to feel like itā€™s wearing off and then twenty minutes later Iā€™ll be high again. And itā€™s STRONG, too, bordering on one-fat-bong-hitter-quitter. Not quite, but allllllmost. Two bong rips are plenty, enough to get me really baked for two-and-a-half hours, followed by another hour-and-a-half of leveling off. No heavy comedown at all with this one, I just end up feeling refreshed and positive.

So yeah, this one turned out pretty amazing. A+++ weed for sure.

Just a quick story: on the Super Bowl, I rolled a joint of this for my friend Natalie, uncured, just grabbed a nug out of the paper bag she was drying in. Natalie was actually the first person to blaze it, I didnā€™t even partake with her. Talked to her a couple days later and she was like,ā€œMan! I got so high from that one! And I just kept getting higher and higher, even an hour after I smoked it!ā€ And I was like,ā€œThatā€™s funny. The name of that strain is Soar,ā€ and she was like,ā€œYes! Thatā€™s the perfect name for it!ā€

Itā€™s definitely one of those ones that builds like a freight train. But comfortably haha. Really, really good weed.

65 Likes

Beautiful flowers and amazing description, sounds like my kind of plant! Pretty crazy it only went 57 days too.

11 Likes

Yeah, I was really surprised. Sheā€™s the only female Iā€™ve gotten from eight Soar seeds planted over the course of two grows, so I have no idea how other phenotypes would do. But Iā€™d like to find out haha.

17 Likes

I have chopped my umeboshi and lazy lightning run at 70 days. All except for one slow flowering umeboshi. I thought she may swell more if given another week.
Today I trimmed my first umeboshi. I actually chopped this plant at 67 days, thatā€™s why itā€™s the only one dry right now.

I got 3 zips dry today and have probably smoked a quart oz in testers lol.
This pheno was a bushy plant with many smaller buds. Itā€™s not the prettiest, or strongest smell. Itā€™s however unmistakable fresh strawberry flavor when smoked and in the bag. But thatā€™s not the best part. The best part is the effect, straight euphoria. I am, among other things, chronically depressed at times. This weed makes me happy as a child! Literally the last few days my outlook has been so much better. Maybe itā€™s also that this is my first successful harvest? But I suspect that it has to do with Bodhiā€™s plant magic aswell.
The next up in a day or two should be another umeboshi, that purpled a little and smells even better!

49 Likes

@minitiger I always love and appreciate your reports! Positive vibesā€¦

I love the stank haha. My homie named it Hogfish (or Hogfish OG) because the hybrid is such a mouthful and I thought it was funny as fuck and not your typical attractive hybrid name, so I went with it. I am not big on naming my own work, until I have ran it a few times and get a feel for it. A lot of times, other people who are growing or smoking my creations will come up with a nickname for it and I will just run with that.

Literally every time I trim one of the cuts of Hogfish, I am blown away by how acrid they are. I trimmed another one a day or two after we spoke on it and it catches me off guard every time. The pollination for F2s went beautifully, so I should have a fuckton to look through soon. Positive vibesā€¦

Just to touch on this subject again, I am constantly running hundreds of plants, so oftentimes I will not notice plants during their first round of veg. I usually run a particular plant 2-3 times before I feel like I am even beginning to get to know it.

You had me tripping a little bit about the possibility of Black Triangle being dominant in hybrids though haha. I have made a fuckload of hybrids with my Black Triangle F2 plants and I didnā€™t just want a bunch of hybrids that might as well be Black Triangle haha. I went into the veg room that is home to my (Tropicanna Cookies x Herijuana) x (Black Triangle F2) and (Hazmat OG x Blowfish) x (Black Triangle F2) and pulled them all out for a closer look. Just based on the structures, leaf shapes and smells that all of them are putting off, I would say that there is a nice mix of all of the parents in the hybrids, which I am fucking stoked about. Both of my Tropicanna Cookies x Herijuana female cuttings that I have kept around smell/taste like fucking mangoes. And not just a faint hint or some bullshit. Like in your face reek of mangoes. That mixed with the Black Triangle F2 excites me haha. I also just pollinated a Black Triangle F2 female with Dog Patch pollen and another with Royale With Cherries pollen (I have a fucking problem haha). Fun times. Positive vibesā€¦

I asked if anyone running the Zap was getting melon smells from their plants and didnā€™t seem to get a response, so let me ask, is anyone here currently looking through any Zap as well? Positive vibesā€¦

~nugzz

32 Likes

Nice man, thanks for the well thought out response. Iā€™m just starting some of my own chucks, GMO x Black Triangle, itā€™s too early to tell which plant is dominate, but itā€™s good to hear that BT didnā€™t completely dominate your crosses. Your crosses sound good! I hope they turn out great for you. That Royal w/ Cherries is mean gene, right? Keep us updated on those Zapā€¦ I think Iā€™ve only seen one other person plant them so far, weā€™re all intrigued!

19 Likes

I actually have some More Cowbell by Bodhi and if youā€™re interested I may be interested in a trade

12 Likes