Bodhi Sativa Run - Kali Mist x Everything

Fear is the mind killer…

This is my second grow and my first grow diary. I thought I’d start at the end.

Kali Mist was one of the first strains I remember smoking back around 2005. The thing I remember most was how psychedelic it was. I remember everything being brighter and warmer. I was hardly a teenager so maybe this is a distorted memory. Either way, when I saw Bodhi had Kali Mist x Everything I had to get it.

Now back to the beginning…

Four days later

I planted three Kali Mystery (name credit to @billdozier72) seeds and all germinated.
The others are Nepali WHP x Everything and Purple Lemon Thai. I hope to do a diary for them as well.

Around 20 days later, I topped everything and 1/3rd assed my hand at cloning.

Had the clones in just water. Half of them fell out of the solo cups so I won’t be doing that again.

The biggest mistake I made was making no plan and rolling with whatever happened. It taught me a lot but going through the issues in the next picture was painful.
My best guess is rootbound, possibly ph issues, and possibly dry back problems. They were hungry as well.

Kali Mist looked the healthiest out of the bunch (picture above is WHP) but was still hurting.

I flipped to flower once everything got healthy. More to come…

31 Likes

I only grow outdoors, but that’s pretty damn nice looking! :+1:

2 Likes

These Nordern climates make it hard, especially with long flowering sativas.

Whp at like 106 days

I’ll try to keep this diary about km

22 Likes

Nice looking flowers!! By all means feel free to post whichever and all plants you have! I enjoy them all and I’m sure others do too!

3 Likes

Purple lemon Thai cola hanging out with her clone

14 Likes

After transplanting from 1 to 3 gallons, they all bounced back and looked much happier!

A little defoliating. I did more this time compared to my last grow but I think I could’ve done more.

10 Likes

Nice looking grow, especially for your second round.
I have a pack of these, it’s cool to see them grown out.

I’m also nostalgic for this strain.

I had a giant ~7 foot tall kali mist in my first ever outdoor grow when I was a teenager. It was too much bud for us to trim and dry. I didn’t know anything about growing or harvesting back then.

so I dried it all out in the oven, then made it all into food grade alcohol hash. It came out dark brown. it bubbled, but it didn’t burn very clean. it would easily light on fire and burn itself up.

Without knowing what we were doing, we made made about 15 grams of decarbed concentrate.

It had a great strong hashy flavor and made us feel like we were drunk.

Me and my friends smoked that stuff for like 6 months
Good times.

8 Likes

I just received some of these as freebies and I am excited to watch the journey unfold!

4 Likes

Nice! Did you smoke any of it yet?

2 Likes

Good to see you posting your updates here! Was pretty much just loading RIU to see how your KMxE were doing there haha…

3 Likes

Just a hit here and there.
Definitely feel it behind the eyes and it does seem to have some visual effects. I’m a light smoker so I haven’t had a proper session with her yet.

2 Likes

Lol thanks man!

Went out of town for three days and came back to a bunch of balls.
I culled him and his brother showed sex about a week later. I was going to cull him as well but the stem rub was strong and a dead ringer for garlic pickle.

Hand pollinated selected branches of each female.

I cleaned him up real good and let him continue flowering in a shower we don’t use.

Eventually I got him his own tent and collected pollen.

I’ve only found a few seeds so far. It was an experiment and I don’t know if I’d do it again or just plan for open pollinations in the future. I did stagger the pollinations at 3.5 and 4.5 weeks of flower.

7 Likes

nice one man! I smoked kali mist in amsterdam in 98’. it woke me up out of a ak47 stupor and made me feel great. I would buy it from dampkring with moonrocks, one time nevil was there behind the counter and he was impressed with my choices and gave me a bong hit of his nevilles haze. It was the only thing better than the kali. But It was scary strong, wheras kali was bright and warm.

5 Likes

Gotta stay hydrated.

Shire cut of super silver sour diesel haze
Plan is to make super silver sour sunshine day dream haze. Ssssddh. Hopefully if you smoke it you can’t recite the name lol

Kali Mist started thickening up around 28f

11 Likes

If you want to see these plants grown well check out @billdozier72 ’s journal:

1 Like

I can’t imagine the yield on a 7 foot kali mist plant! Mine had a lot of weight for one plant that was only vegged for around 5 weeks.

2 Likes

Took two hits off of my bong today. All I can say is it made me want to be outside.
I then went outside and it was wonderful. I watered my lawn and garden bed with my 2 year old and I immediately let go of my anxieties.

10 Likes

Damn dude that is awesome! Have you tried Kali Mist recently? I’ve heard that it is not the same plant it was 20+ years ago. Something about losing a mother or father and the breeder having to recreate it.

2 Likes

More issues. I need to learn to read plants.

Sorry this is gonna be mostly pictures. Please give any feedback or questions.

PLT and Kali Mist leaning on each other. I heard recently plants too close together can trigger herms.

6 Likes