Bugs? šŸœ šŸ›

Thanks, that was fast! :grin: So just a ā€œnormalā€ spider and shouldnā€™t worry about it? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Could not see it other than itā€™s antenna ā€¦just know its not spider mite.
Look along the underside of the leafsā€¦right down the middle next to the leafā€™s ā€œveinā€ to see if you have eggs. Tiny white round dotsā€¦smaller than the tricome heads , if you have mites, you will see the eggs.
That thing could probably be seen with your eyeā€¦spider mites take like 30 power or more to even see, do not think you could even see them with a say 15 power loupeā€¦

2 Likes

Well, I thought those were legs, no antennas, I kept the sample and here it is another scoop, let me know what you think, cheers ā€¦ :sunglasses:

Two spotted spider mite imo.

1 Like

So I have aphids in late flower, being cultivated by ants. :unamused:

The essential oils spray Iā€™d used for thrips seems ineffective on these aphids & the ants seem to ignore it entirely. I also tried neem+pyrethrin on the stalk/main banches & support stakes but if anything I just made them angry; am seeing MORE activity today.

The nursery store wouldnā€™t even recommend the borax based ant-stakes after I mentioned itā€™s for my cannabis plants. The person was terrified of any product they had. :thinking:

Iā€™ve got 2-3 weeks until harvest & need to eradicate this shitā€¦ real problem. (Spinosad would be ok earlier in the cycle but not now).

Will probably get some ladybugs today even if just to feel better. :upside_down:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I have spiders on occasions.

I found this in the GrowFAQ but it seems like it will kill everything in the soilā€¦ highly oxidative. :thinking: Wikipedia describes it as a disinfectant.

Anyone? :alembic: :microscope: ?

1 Like

I have heavy showered mine with cold water, will repeat in a couple of days as thereā€™s a lot of eggs. Fortunately the weather is cold and that helps too ā€¦ :sweat:

1 Like

Yup thatā€™s a two spot spider mite get rid of the fuggers !

1 Like

Iā€™m two days away from harvest so all I can do is shower them (also good for getting rid of aphids) and then a heavy cleaning of the tent :sweat:.

The plants were outside and it started to rain so I took them indoors, that risk existed (bringing pests), but mould was assured if I let them outside.

I hardly saw one per bud so I hope it will be safe to vape, thanks for your input ā€¦

2 Likes

If you are using too much sugar or molasses in bud that will bring ants tooā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice, your kindness goes hand in hand with your impressive growing skills , I have used molasses and worms, thatā€™s my only approach to organics after reading yours and Shadeyā€™s threads.

My tents are in the mansard, so no ants at all. That problem Iā€™ve got it in my fruit trees on my garden, I use sticky glue to catch mice and put it in the bottom of the trunk, that makes a barrier they cannot go through :ant:.

I noticed the buds are bigger outside than indoors, but fighting with pests and elements is too much for me :disappointed_relieved:, I will go back to DWC in my next batch, faster, cleaner, easier to control pH and nutrients and no pests at all, cheers ā€¦ :sunglasses:

2 Likes

re: ant war

Most of the ladybugs I released yesterday are gone but there are still some around. They seem lazy & a few are mating. :thinking: Survival of the Horniest?

The borax around the base of the plants looked like it had been cleared away in a small path & there were plenty of ants today.

Iā€™m 2 weeks away on 2 plants & thereā€™s no way Iā€™m hosing down the plants. Iā€™ll shake them vigorously at & after harvest.

3 Likes

I know a lady bug can kill an aphid.

1 Like

Major bug infestation can wreak devastation for shrooms such as whiteflies theyā€™re deadly.

Was wondering if you had released then almost at dusk from my understanding they will stay put and will not want to fly off at dark times of the day if they find their food Iā€™d think they would stay around till target pest is gone

3 Likes

Founded a new generation and showered again :sweat:. Would like to chop tomorrow, do they still expand while drying the buds? Is it safe to vape if the number is minimal? Thanks for your help ā€¦ :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve used lady bugs many times and ime their efficacy is minimal. Seemed more of a fire hazard as they crawl everywhere including the light fixtures and outlets. Maybe I wasnā€™t applying them correctly. I am surprised the neem and pyrethrin didnā€™t work. Good call on skipping the spinosad late in flower. :v:

2 Likes

Bud washing will make for cleaner smoke get the B soda and Lemmon juice out and some bins

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been doing it this yearā€¦ best thing ever!

1 Like