CaliBest420 aka Mark on Strainly

Did you run the Strawberry Cough?

2 Likes

Was he trying to get a bigger order by listing his other prices? It was a very straight forward transaction and communication for me. For me He listed his prices based on how many you wanted to get and reg vs auto. He didnā€™t state if there was a minimum order, but started his pricing list at 25 for 25. I asked for 30 seeds with no problem at a dollar each, plus all the extras he sent.

3 Likes

Prices are $25/25, $50/60, $80/100, all Photo/Reg. Autos/R: $25/doz. SS/BW. Normally, I just tell him to send me $100 worth/mixed.

5 Likes

:laughing::laughing: no wonder you have such a stash

4 Likes

Unhealthy addiction, but Iā€™m trying to wean myself off, but failing miserably. No other negative habits, so the Wife indulges this ā€œviceā€ Got a rather large shipment inbound from mrnice.nl, if Uncle Sam doesnā€™t intercept it. SS/BW

8 Likes

This was my exact experience, I messaged about a strain, he responded with a full list of everything he had and said I could mix and match as I pleased. I got 3-10 packs and he sent me almost 30 free on top of those. The freebies were things he didnā€™t list but after talking a few times and based on what I ordered he thought Iā€™d like and they def were.

6 Likes

Oh my apologies I was talking about someone else completely not mark my bad for derailing marks thread

6 Likes

Well it was 11 days for me, and Iā€™m tickled to get them. My first time buying souvenirs that sent me a bill with seeds!! Iā€™ll add a few bucks over the stated price, for their most generous package!!
3 free packs of autos.
11 vials of 5 seeds per, all strains he listed in my email with him, for $50.00
Iā€™ve only been buying beans for 20 years now, and DAMN what a deal!!
I mean 1 freaking good plant pays for everything!!
Very stand up guy!! Thank you Mark! I will fly back into town tomorrow to get his funds on the way back to him. Damn, gobsmacked!

9 Likes

Peace All. I had sent Mark an email a week or so ago and still no response. Iā€™m not dying to give any money away (and actually now is bad time to buy anything) but I would have thought that by now he would have checked and responded to the email. I know ppl have said to text or call but this is unacceptable to me as I feel that if I are trying to sell anything I shouldnā€™t have to chase U. Crazy thing is most of Us have grown or are growing to cut out the middleman and his BS and this is what We have to deal with? Same as chasing my dude for a QP, like Iā€™m asking him to give it to meā€¦lol. I may eventually get around to texting or calling him, maybe, but his lack of response is not helping it happen any sooner. I am glad that all have had positive experiences with him, but as I always was taught ā€œEverything ainā€™t for Everybody, PERIOD!ā€. Stay safe and grow hard :fist:t6:
Peace

4 Likes

Point me in the right direction please.

2 Likes

If you just call him most likely heā€™ll pick up on the first try. he really seems to be a phone call man and not an email communicator.

7 Likes

Did you hit Him up on strainly? I usually get a response within a few hours from Him on there.

3 Likes

No. At first I couldnā€™t even find him there I got the web link from a thread here and used the email from the site. Iā€™m not itching to spend now I am just sharing an experience with U all. Clearly email isnā€™t the way to go but I had to find that out. Personally, I dont want beans that bad from him to desire to call. Just me. I do appreciate all the info provided by U All. Thank U. Stay safe and grow hardāœŠšŸæ
Peace

2 Likes

all of his contact info is in the first post of this thread

5 Likes

I texted Mark and had seeds in hand the next day. Canā€™t beat thatā€¦

5 Likes

Which email did you use, for some reason he has two listed on the site. If/when you want to try again, use the komarsouth@yahoo.com address if you used the other one. I asked for 30, got at least 50. But as youā€™ve noticed, the people on this site are generous enough you wonā€™t need to order seeds, just ideally make some seeds yourself or get some at some point to pass it forward and make trades as well. Sebring is restocking the items from the canceled orders this coming Sunday, you only pay the $6 for shipping, and possibly make a donation if you can. Details are towards the bottom of his No till thread.

7 Likes

I have done business with Mark many times, and I have also had a few e-mails to him go un-returned, but I never took it personally or saw it as a reflection on him or his business etc. I just reached out via text or phone instead, or another e-mail and got an instant reply and had seeds in my hand in just a few days.

I always figure that it is on me to make sure that I connect with whoever I want to do business with, and if it is just a little more effort then I find it is usually worth it. Mark loads you down with an embarrassing amount of freebies usually, not to mention the fact he ships first, you pay after you get the seeds, and he also includes a self-addressed stamped envelope for you to use to send payment. I would bet that, with a deal like that, he is very busy and it is easy to overlook an e-mail etc. here and there.

After buying from him so many times, and talking to him on the phone, I find it hard to imagine that he would purposely snub anyone who wants to buy seeds, unless he has had bad dealings with them in the past.

11 Likes

To be perfectly honest, Mark is busier than a one-legged person in an ass-kicking contest, E-V-E-R-Y-D-A-Y!!! Reminds me of @Sebring, an Energizer Bunny in Human form. PLUS, he does have a ā€œregular lifeā€ with the same issues as do we all. He will NEVER slight a person/customerā€¦isnā€™t in his DNA/personality. ALL, patience, stay safe and, indeed, be well.

13 Likes

That is the one I used, and got a reply back very quick. Less than a buck a seed, that is worth jumping through a few hoops for. I know, I know, Iā€™ve not grown them out yet, so I can not vouch for quality of them yet.
I was looking at another site and they have an offer to join their VIP club for $300.00 bucks a year!! Really, Costco seed clubs?
Iā€™ll deal with folks that makes every buyer a VIP, as we should be to them.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve purchased from Mark numerous times and had nothing but great things to say. Until yesterday.

In late September I ordered some Afghan #1 seeds via Strainly. No rush reason for buying; just increasing options for the occasional fill-in spot during runs. I actually forgot having ordered them until last week when I noticed the order.

I sent a text to Mark and he replied minutes later. He promised to check it out. A few days go by and Iā€™m not worried about it cuz whatever. The very next day I get a package from him containing double what I ordered plus ~20 of another of his Iā€™ve not yet tried.

No return envelope. I flip the envelope over and it says, in big sharpie letters COMP. So he didnā€™t waste time trying to figure out where the disconnect happened - he just wanted me to continue being a happy customer. And here I am, a happy customer.

I worked 30+ years in Sales then Sales Management. I built and managed many Sales teams to high performance and industry-best customer service. Iā€™m humble-bragging here to illustrate my sensitivity to customer service.

Few people these days are committed to ensuring customer happiness. When I experience great service I feel compelled to share it. Mark handled it this way without even having my money yet!

While Iā€™ve yet to smoke anything from Markā€™s gear, I have some running now which you can check out here in my grow log: Kingmamboā€™s COVID Potpourri

My best recommendation is to use phone or text with Mark. He has responded within minutes every time time without fail for me.

Kev :call_me_hand:t5:

36 Likes