CBD or THC - which is better for pain?

I have never really measured it the amount I take, I am lucky I have a low tolerance. I take the CBD oil in the morning so I can drive if I have to go out, probably about 100 mg and then in the afternoon when I know I am not going out anywhere, I will take the same amount of THC oil.

Then around 6 pm I will start to smoke my pipe until I go to bed, I usually just jam a lump about a quarter of a gram size in it of THC stuff and then when going to bed half a dozen puffs of CBD.

I make my own oil in a still.

1 Like

66 posts were split to a new topic: Using stills to make your RSO and brewing alcohol to make EverClear from scratch

Sounds pretty sweet. What color oil? Mine is quite dark, I assume from chlorophyll.

2 Likes

Itā€™s usually dark brown, depends on how long the weed has been sitting, the longer it sits the less chlorophyll there is, also if you let the alcohol and THC mixture sit in direct sunlight for a couple of hours, it removes a lot of the chlorophyll. Certainly improves the taste.

2 Likes

Removes chlorophyll from previously dried material and improves the taste? Great tip. Will try that next time. Have also heard that soaking in water first can remove chlorophyll, but I was afraid to screw something up doing that.

2 Likes

@Shadey and @Upstate it sounds like you guys have it figured out. And it sounds like you guys are treating pain similar to mine. I totally understand what you say about laying still being the only thing that helpsā€¦I spend way to much time flat on my back but there are times that is the only way to get some relief.
Smoking does help me deal with the times I am really down with pain, the mental part of it but I donā€™t get much pain relief. I think I am going to go to town and get a rice cooker today and touch base with @Sebring and see about some of those cbd seed. The cbd oil is so expensive here there is no way I could afford to medicate properly. I canā€™t thank you guys enough, I truly feel I am on my way to finding some relief.

2 Likes

An inversion table got me walking again after a nasty fall.

1 Like

Oddly enough the thing that worked best for me was a lower back workout. I used a machine that targets the lumbar area and I was walking around without pain for a week before I had to do anything again. It just made me want to keep it up now.

4 Likes

Walking is to be the best for lower back

5 Likes

Not for my case unfortunately. Walking feels like a spike being driven into my sciatic nerve. It sucks as thatā€™s 90% of my jobs :grimacing:

5 Likes

Are you able to sit, unsupported, on the floor?
If so, I may have a simple stretch for you (that has helped me enormously.)

3 Likes

For short periods yes. I usually get up and find an odd position to sit in or lay in to be able to relax. Part of the reason is my middle back is warping out in a spot now as well :skull: no matter my posture. Even bending backwards itā€™s still sticking outā€‹:grimacing:

Currently the standing position that helps most is my toes pointed straight out and legs spread. It looks strange AF, but Iā€™ve never really cared about peopleā€™s impression of how I look in public. I care about my comfort and pain levels above all else. Because of this Iā€™m constantly being flirted at by dudesā€‹:skull: just because I choose to stand a certain way doesnā€™t mean I swing that way LoL :joy: I have made some of my best friends out of that confusion though.

1 Like

Straight out parallel or straight out penguin style?
To paraphrase a teacher I once had:
If your friends donā€™t like the way you stand, get new friends.

Try this. If it hurts DONā€™T DO IT.
One leg bent (heel under same buttock) knee and top of foot on the ground. The other leg as straight and as forward as comfort allows.
The work is in:

1. creating a line from your coccyx to the crown of your head and
  2. eventually getting the straight heel pointing away (forward) with a light stretch.

Support yourself with both hands on the floor if thatā€™s useful. Hold until you feel small releases in your low back, then gently switch sides.

Note: I have no formal kinesiology training. This is strictly what I have found that works for my long, slim, aging body.

2 Likes

Same body type. I might be a little too flexible normally as I just got my leg out flat against the ground and my lower back didnā€™t stretch as much as it did with that machine I found at planet fitness. I was a little wobbly after, but I was walking without pain for days after that one workout. It was only 5-10 minutes too.

Also it depends on the day. Currently itā€™s straight out. Others I canā€™t walk without waddling like a penguin :grimacing:

2 Likes

If itā€™s easy, work toward getting your stomach to touch the thigh of your bent leg. Stretch for the extended toes. Listen to the inside of your body, (what does it want to do with the tiny supporting muscles,) rather than any ā€œachievementā€. It should not hurt at any point, go slowly.

1 Like

I do a similar stretch at work actually. Similar to touching your toes, but I almost do a split and reach for my toes on the extended forward foot. Followed by clasping my hands together under my knees while partially bent at the knees and pulling up. It stretches the sciatic area for me when I do that. Itā€™s a bandage fix though as it only extends the time before pain instead of working on the problem :grimacing:

1 Like

Iā€™ll use a CBD and lavender topical currently. I have an emergency cream for when itā€™s really bad now.

The cream is a mix of ultra strength Bengay, Biofreeze, lavender CBD lotion, and a reclaim tincture from cleaning my dab rigs all mixed together. Rather than choose which one i went with CBD and THC with linalool as the base.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a great topical that I make takes away the pain almost on contact.
I use it on my arthritic joints
Others love it also

2 Likes

Please tell? Iā€™m always wanting to try new things and see what works best

The Bengay ultra strength has been reliable in knocking out my arthritis in my hands too. Itā€™s starting to bend my middle fingers to look like my pinky fingers :grimacing:

4 Likes