Classic Seeds

I grew out Classics Mexican Redhair from alter ego and it is pretty good,Just like the Really good red brick i used to get as a kid just no seeds and stems this time and i dont have to fish matchbox toy cars and dead grasshoppers this time also a bonus.Alter has a stamp of approval in my book very very well priced for what they are very reasonable prices

7 Likes

I’ve got a pack of these as well I’m planning on growing out and chucking with the Jacalyn, so I’ll ping ya when I do. I want an old school indica to pollinate a bunch of landrace and heirloom sativa stuff with for old school hybrids, so these two seem like promising candidates for undiluted, old school stone indicas.

6 Likes

Amen, I’m converted after running the Red Hair and emailing with the dude a few times. I’m stoked on all of the Classic stuff he’s got now and hopefully he keeps making them as I think we’re piquing interest among people. They keep restocking and selling out, so that’s a good sign.

8 Likes

Hey hi, @LonelyOC . i hope you dont mind me jumping on your thread about Hashplant. I wish I had something to tell you on it.
The two Classic strains I grew were a 25 year IBL (50-50) and a 30 year IBL(Jaclyn). I’m happy that I thought to mix them with Jaclyn as mom x 50-50.
Peroxide seems to have work on this 11 years past project. not so much on the East Indian seeds in there with them.

It would be cool to keep Classic alive here, once again, hope your cool with the posts…
pine

3 Likes

Does anyone know if Alter Ego has or will be doing a 50-50 repo? or Jaclyn for that matter?

:love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

You mind if I ask where you’re finding Classic’s stuff @ClassicGenetix ? I’d love to see a list.

3 Likes

Socalseedvault have repos by Alter-Ego

8 Likes

Thank you @Haggis I’ll look.

3 Likes

Im Doing a Jacalyn Repro as we speak Male is already dumping copius amounts of Pollen and in the Tent with My ladies One Jacalyn lady and 2 UBC Chemo females for my Jacalyn/UBC chemo regular cross.Will have plenty of Jacalyn for Tradesies In 2 months and i will be Giving some out For all my Fellow Vets for the Veterans day Giveaway we have been having these last three years.

6 Likes

Your very welcome @crownpoodle a good chunk is out of stock but they are pretty quick with restocks for Alter-Ego beans. :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

If you don’t mind, what’s the genetics of this “50-50”? Thanks!

And, a certain place has Classic’s Old School Hashplant as F2 by Alter Ego. DM me for the link.

2 Likes

The good people here hooked you up but I’m going to be working with the Mexican Red Hair again doing an OP and taking cuts along the way when I move into my new house in 2 weeks, so I’ll be giving out seeds and cuts to any of you guys that want 'em.

10 Likes

Man , it’ been so long now all I remember was 50-50 was for half indica and half sativa. seem like he wrote on the card some stull about Sweet Oregon Gold and burmese… 25 or 30 yr IBL.
The pot smoked really sweet but was not super potent.
I had to move in 2013 so I popped the last couple of seeds I had from like 2010 or so. Got a male, made some crosses but did not get the girl to make more.
Thats how it goes, shame to lose the line but I can’t help how it went.
be good,
pine

4 Likes

That would be unreal @ClassicGenetix ! I got several Classic strains that came from a friend @ Z-labs quite a while back. I had no idea what I had been gifted at the time!
The one that sticks out is a Strawberry Diesel. Just grew clubs!

4 Likes

Thank you for all the info on 50-50 (possibly Seeet Oregon Gold X burmese).

2 Likes

Classic had so many old strains, as he got older and started having health issues, he started doing fems and crossing his pure lines as people were taking his pure lines and profiting with no regard for his work.
When I got beans from him he would sell tons of pure lines but he could barely navigate his computer.
We lost a great treasure when he passed. I hope he’s resting well…surfin warm water and smokin his fave.
pine

7 Likes

I chat on occasion with B at SoCal Seed Vault. Let me know in a DM if there’re any (sold out) Alter Ego F2s of Classic strains that you want to see. I’ll ask if they can be ordered.
This goes to anyone.

6 Likes

Idk how I did this…I erased my last message while trying to post this one. Oh well.

So there are some of Classics OSHP in the fridge. I’d be happy to increase them if folks are interested in having them around again.

I just got this back from TJ about Classics Old School Hashplant.

“Yeah its an old strain about 50/50 good for making hash also called champagne in Canada. Classic sold them on seeddepot. Medium hi potency. I havent grown it but my breeder buddy in cali has made seeds and sold out. I got the seeds from him after classic died.”

6 Likes

That would be great thank you for offering.

Hopefully you can wait until they’re unavailable as F2s, so as to not take business away from Alter Ego, who is selling his F2s.

3 Likes

Yeah for sure. I don’t want to interfere with anyone’s gig. I didnt see Alter Ego was playing with them. I’m just stoked to see someone keeping the line fresh.
Cheers @CapnCannabis for doing his part. I see the Jaclyn is still around. I’d be happy to trade for some of those if they are available.

2 Likes