Coastal Seeds BSHW Seed Increase

Heard the story on BSHW was Zacatecas (possibly Dolores) x Afghani… what is the word on the Nigerian involvement?

Not doubting your take on it - I was born in 1990 so this is all just word of mouth passed down as far as I’m concerned. I definitely see a lot of Afghani in them, they grow very similar to several pure afghan heirlooms I’ve grown previously

2 Likes
3 Likes

No this is the first run and I’m just doing a seed increase OP. They’re definitely an inbred hybrid - very manageable and very uniform with slight variations. I dusted a chocolate Thai from snowhigh with some
pollen from 2 of the males but am not saving any. Just let the 3 I had pollinate the 7 females about a week apart from one another to get an even influence from each in the next generation.

You’d be surprised - we’re in a monsoon climate so June-September we can get as much as 4-5” of rain/week. Fortunately they dry out quick between thunderstorms cause humidity stays in the 30-45% range. Always hope for a drier end to September :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Very interesting, yea I get the sense that at this point all these heirloom lines are so inbred they’ve almost taken on a life of their own no matter the original genetics. Hope you document running those seeds - would love to see them, thought about grabbing them when I saw them on GLG a while back but had a rare moment of sanity when looking over the ol’ seed collection

3 Likes

Not far off at 33 so you are a little south of me. Days being shorter is what I am hoping. I have some corintos that are 4 1/2 feet tall but still at preflower.

Saw that in the Central American thread, those should be a long ride, at least you’ll get to harvest some bshw at intermission :joy: Do you deal with heavy freezes or snow where you are?

1 Like

Wow I never know that about the rain. I prefer old varities myself, nice to see somebody else growing old school plants.im growing pnw hashplant, white widow, and ssh atm. Not as old of a variety as bshw though

1 Like

Very cool, I’m holding onto a bodhi PNW x 88g13hp pack I’d like to check out have heard the PNW is pretty bulletproof as far as weather goes - is that what you’ve seen? What SSH do you run?

1 Like

No, I’m in anaheim a mile from the house of the mouse. Never any freeze or snow. Coldest it gets it 40 degrees. Can grow all year.

2 Likes

Plants really speeding up going into September, looking well seeded.

22 Likes

Mine just started budding. Yours look great. Good times coming!

2 Likes

Originally came from greenhouse seeds. Solid plant all around with that classic insense smell. Those bshw plants look to be coming along quickly. Looks like they want to develop into some nice spears. Any kind of smells yet?

This ismy first run with the pnw hashplant . Its actually crossed to puck. Growing slow at the moment but its only few weeks You should really consider crossing your pnw bodhi to your bshw. Bet that would be a banging hybrid. Being complete opposites it should be a great f1 hybrid. I would think it’d be similar to SAGE or nl5 x haze.

2 Likes

Exciting, will be interested to see the flower structure of yours these seem to pretty clearly fall in 2 camps

1 Like

They just smell like good weed… kind of an incense/church smell with a little hint of fruit sweetness to some plants. That SSH sounds great, have grown a bunch of the Dynasty ssh crosses he did with a male but never the line by itself.

is that the crickets and cicadas cross then or did someone else do that same combo?

I crossed it to a chocolate thai line from snowhigh so far… will see what the future holds. Have a bunch of African strains that I was thinking might make an interesting combo with bshw - Transkei, Senegalese, ethiopian, etc. but that’ll be in the future. Priority was just the seed increase for this season

5 Likes

Okay cool sounds like some very interesting ideas u got in mind. Yes there originally from cricket cicada but f2. That church/ frankincense smell is my favorite. If you ever get the chance try shiatsu kush it has the the craziest exotic incensey profile. Leans toward the oriental side and carries over to dried flowers.

4 Likes

I love it too, thanks for the heads up on the shiatsu seems like an interesting one for sure :v:

1 Like

Seed maturing nicely, dry and milder weather forecast for the next two weeks too. Nature smiles upon a little preservation :pray:

20 Likes

Blessings @HighDesert …Never Heard of Big Sur Holy Weed till now…Ur plants look nice & Learning from UrThread…Thanks for sharing :muscle::muscle::muscle:

@nick131740 is the Shiatsu Kush from Green House?

Incredible plants here @HighDesert you’re doing a great job

I’m always jealous of you folks who have a lot of outdoor space to use for growing!

3 Likes

@Highdesert- Your must be a couple weeks older than mine.

6 Likes