Colorado Sativas

Took the last of the Bangi Haze a few days ago. :grinning:

11 Likes

I don’t have pictures to share cause my girls are shy but Colorado Sativas genetics appear to be representative of what is advertised, multiple lines tried and they matched the descriptions/pictures of said cultivars. Highly recommend.

15 Likes

Huh Huh Huh…He said “sack”

3 Likes

I know I haven’t updated in a while but I will…eventually! I would agree with your statement for most everything that I’ve run so far with the exception of this one particular New Caledonia. It developed some pink pistils and I can’t find any reference anywhere with this occurrence with this strain. Unless anyone has any info to the contrary?

24 Likes

Beautiful plant!

3 Likes

Any smoke reports from any harvests of CS seeds guys?

2 Likes

note: tolerance very high, daily smoker for a long time

The Malana would probably be best for hash production, hence sativa hashplant designation. effect was mellow euphoria with a noticeable head high with very little stone - actually made fantastic malawi style cobbs. Had an incensey/rainy/musk scent during flower, but my environment is not setup to handle ideal curing so the scents did not seem to translate into flavor for me - but i was also using a fermenting technique that is typically used for wispy sativas and i have not yet dialed in my technique to understand the degree of deviation from original terpene profiles based on temperatures/time used at various stages. HOWEVER with that being said, regarding effect > Masticating/chewing but not swallowing these cobb pieces and allowing for sublingual effect for 15-20 minutes before finally spitting contents into a mug for milk tea steeping for ~5minutes, then consuming that liquid and finally chewing/swallowing the remaining dregs. Got me functionally blasted over 12+ hours, x 2 ~1g doses spread out about 4 hours. As a point of reference > The drying smokeable flower pre-cobb was ofcourse sampled (smoked) and the effect did produce a similar high that had more lethargy associated with it.
edit2: also - this made some devastating bhaang

The punto rojo had a rainy/musk scent during flowering, was some of the best smoke i’ve ever had in my life, taste wise - honorable mention in effects. Camphor/menthal/slight spice/feint tobacco - not all the way incense but a really intoxicatingly rich, satisfying smoke. Hard to sum up in a single adjective. Sublime I suppose, but that doesn’t really describe flavor? Absolutely better than anything on the retail/medical market in every regard - very pronounced effect in the head, no stone, very clean - no noticeable ceiling. Not debilitating - maybe it could be with a tolerance break? quantities used for smoke tests were minimal .3 - .6 - it didn’t require much drying/curing at all to produce an amazing smoke that went very, very quickly.

EDIT: Inspired me to search for original seeds from cannabiogen and attempting some degree of reproduction run(s). God willing - with the help/collaboration of some very considerate and generous members, this line will be preserved as close as possible to it’s original form.

17 Likes

Nice smoke report, thank you. I’ve got a very high tolerance from daily smoking for years now as well. I’ve got an order put in with them but I may have to increase my order to include that punto rojo. Good luck with locating those Cannabiogen seeds fellow grower! I’ll be following that for sure if you would be kind enough to tag me when you get it rolling. Thanks again for the great smoke report.

2 Likes

Here we have a clone from one of CS’s Malawi x Zamaldelica at about 9wks. This a redemption run because I think I really dropped the ball on the last run. All of the fan leaves just started dying off inexplicably :roll_eyes:. But anyways here’s a much better version. Mostly happy with this run and I hope the smoke is better. The smoke from the mom isn’t bad but not as good as I’d hoped. Mom was cough inducing but not harsh, smells like lime flavored Pepsi.

16 Likes

this is a bud from one of Malawi x Zamaldelica

23 Likes

What were your expectations from the smoke? Profound/lysergic/energetic? You may want to consider trying some of those lines pure if possible as ACE’s Malawi has been crossed with PCK or other indica genetics.

2 Likes

Not real sure I had any solid expectations as I don’t think I’ve ever really had any long flowering equatorial varieties. That being said I suppose I was looking for something super potent and cerebral. I was looking for panic attack weed lol On 2 occasions I did get a bit of anxiety and heart palpitations but it’s not consistent at all and I think I’m the only one to experience that out of all the ppl I gave it to. I didn’t know that Aces Malawi was crossed with PCK and I would like to try them but it’s kind of a bitch ordering from CS and Ace is too expensive for my wallet. After this Malawi x Zamaldelica is finished I have some Angola Haze from white buffalo seed collective and some Nevilles Haze from Exotic Alchemy. My money (for no good reason) is on Nevilles Haze :grin:

7 Likes

that’s a winner in my book :wink:

5 Likes

Great thread. I’m gonna have to grab some this guys beans to try out. I’m on a mission to get what mr nice strains I can next.

4 Likes

To anyone poppin Colorado Sativas seeds… how have your germination rates been? I’ve noticed some of the packs I’ve recieved are from years back. Wondering if any special love has had to be thrown at these seeds or if it’s been farily easy? Inquiring minds want to know. :wink: Gonna be popping a few of my Oaxacan beans.

6 Likes

Germination rates are high, provided your environmental cues are on point.

Personally - I used well water + h2o2 soak for 3-5 days in darkness, with ambient temps of approx ~ 80-82F - if any don’t pop within that time frame, i will take them out and manually crack the shell open to give them a hand, then put back in the soak

7 Likes

Germ rates have been very good overall. The only exception so far were the Ethiopian which was around 50%. My process was almost exactly as @US3RNAM3 described except with the Ethiopian I did not try manually cracking. I also have some of the Oaxacan but have not tried germinating those yet so it’ll be nice to see how they do for you.

6 Likes

@Rhai88 I soaked/planted 8 Bangi Haze seeds and they all sprouted. I had 6 boys, 1 girl and 1runt that didn’t make it past puberty.
What seeds did you get?

2 Likes

A bunch lol Couldn’t pass up his prices…

• Panama Pink Pack
  • Congo
  • Bangi Haze
  • Nepal Jam
  • Ciskei
  • Thai Chi
  • Oaxacan
  • First Lady
  • Queen Mother
  • Orient Express
  • Panama Purple Pack
  • Destroyer
  • Chapita Michoacan
  • Pure Africa x Cherry Bomb
  • NL#5 x Neville’s Haze
  • Blue Orca Haze x Kona Gold

for now though just the Oaxacan… :thinking: since I’m gonna run some seeds from Defnsmokn and Middleman

8 Likes

I have three of these going right now and hot damn are they beautiful!

6 Likes