CSI Humboldt Seeds

I’ve gotten the email confirmation for the two most recent sales coinciding with the HP13 and Giesel drops. Purchases at the end of November and a couple days ago…

2 Likes

I still haven’t gotten one, I did for the thanksgiving sale. He received my envelope today so I’m sure it will be fine. Just strange I never got one this time.

2 Likes

I am a huge fan of Caleb and the work being done at CSI and Pirates. That said, he seems to produce more variety of menu items than most others including the Pirates work with regular seeds. It doesn’t seem that unlikely to think some pollen contamination happens on a small scale but since he mentions having a specific setup and techniques to mitigate that I don’t want to come across unnecessarily critical. I’m just not a fan of absolutes like never or always. I think CSI offers an awesome selection of rare and elite genetics. I’ve ordered in the past and I’m looking forward to saving up some more cash so I can place another order in the near future.

In other news, it’s awesome to see the orders from members who mentioned they ordered just outside of the sale window still receiving extra holiday promotional packs in their orders! Caleb and the team at CSI are awesome! That’s some awesome customer service.

6 Likes

Yes sorry that’s what I meant

2 Likes

I’m the opposite. I wish bodhi made fems. But I’m kind of eyeing Strayfox work for that reason. Everyone has different needs.

4 Likes

Well well look who finally made the transition to CSI work!

2 Likes

My understanding is those packs are beans that for one reason or another didn’t stay sorted (whether literally fallen, like on the floor, or simply escaped when they were being transferred from a marked bag).

2 Likes

I think part of the reason he’s asking to see photos is to see whether it’s a true male, or a female plant that produced male flowers.

9 Likes

after lots of inner-debate about which 1 single pack to buy, went with the Bubbba Kush s1… hoping to find a coffee pheno to keep around. Mendo Purps s1 next time…

9 Likes

This is an important distinction. I totally agree

3 Likes

Keep in mind too, cannabis is a failure if it doesn’t produce seed; it is a dioecious plant.

4 Likes

Yes. That is definitely why he was asking. There was more to that email. We actually exchanged a few emails. He asked me to get it sex tested and it was a true XX male. I flowered him for 8 weeks with zero sign of a female pistil.

I’m not really against fems for people with stable dialed in rooms. It’s just my opinion that if a fem is stressed it is a greater chance of herming.

I’ve also been told by other breeders that vegging them longer(until sexual maturity) that it lessens the chance of herming.

I grow smaller plants in 2 gallon pots so it’s not really an ideal situation for me. I’ll grow them if I’m not doing any breeding on that run because I don’t want to risk contamination if I miss a ball or two. @yardgrazer

Here is the male I found

26 Likes

Huh, very interesting. Could be that 0.1% unicorn I guess? Occam’s Razor probably suggests otherwise, but could be.

5 Likes

If by unicorn you mean, female with completely broken ethylene production, then sure :joy:

That’s what skunkva used to make the chem91bx line. XX male just like that.

6 Likes

LOL, guilty of being baked and not bothering to look to see what the parentage of Dead Zone was…

4 Likes

It’s kinda crazy but out of the same pack I found a rock solid female. I’ve only had a few of them in my grow environment when I’ve ran fems

4 Likes

I believe plant stability isn’t connected to normal vs feminized seed but the genetics. However what I see in a lot of feminized “breeding” is crossing a couple cuts that have proven to make great bud and not necessarily anything else. A good breeder would be selecting on many traits including stability which is seen more in the normal seed market because there is a little more work done in some of that market.
I do see value in these elite x elite or elite S1 crosses though as there are lots of great plants that will jump out of them and have great smoke, but they aren’t all going to be winners.

Here’s a few CSI I have going. 3 of the 4 are CSI, youngest one isn’t. Tall purple bud plant is mendo purp x blackberry widow (low frost but the blackberry smell of the resin is amazing), dark purple leaf in the back is purple Hindu kush x purple indica, and the bushy green up front is purple urkle fallen soldier.
I don’t push my plants and get very few herms but did have some on the purple Hindu x purple indica and got rid of one that kept sending them out. Maybe too much light, or something with purple hindu or this cross? I’ve ran some other purple indica stuff from CSI and hadn’t had problems with those.

30 Likes

anyone on here ever ran out CSI’s Pakistani Chitral kush? keen to find some info on his version in particular.

3 Likes

i believe it’s derived from the ACE Seeds line. possibly an older, less worked iteration. The Uzbeki he releases for instance also comes from the ACE/Cannabiogen guys and it’s apparently from before those dudes bred NL into it and worked it for however many generations.

12 Likes

Trainwreck x Durban is a terpinolene overload. It’s so good. Popped a few freebies from an order of Durban S1s and liked them so much I bought another 2 packs. It’s fantastic wide awake very clean feeling high, like the Durban, but w an extra swerve. A little paranoia and confusion, in a good way. And you laugh it off.
You can overdose on the TWDP, but you’re probably not falling asleep!
The nose is interesting because it varies with some phenos very sweet, and others picking up an almost industrial cleaner or epoxy back end. It’s kinda the anti gas. But so strong smelling.
It also does very well outdoors in the northeast, even after the brutal fall we just had. Held up a lot better than most.

12 Likes