CSI Humboldt Seeds

Have any of you fine folks grown out G-1000?
Just dropped a couple in water for my outside grow and wondering if it’s worth my time

5 Likes

i cant speak for outdoor, but it was worth the space indoors. grew 2 and liked them both, one was a little better than the other is what i remember. someone here also grew one out and it did throw some balls or herm i cant remember. nice fast finisher and frosty.

9 Likes

First CSI and Pirates of the Emerald Triangle seed lists for sale from the Humboldt Cannabis Guide Fall 2017:

15 Likes

Chemdawg D F1 (Chemdawg D x Pakistani Chitral Kush)
White Fire #43 F1 (White Fire #43 F1 × Pakistani Chitral Kush)

These 2 steered me from ever growing anything with PKS involved again. :upside_down_face:
Everything else has been better than average.

6 Likes

What was it that was bad? I’ve heard a lot of bad about PCK lol

5 Likes

I stumbled on good PCK hybrids myself, that’s a good line.

4 Likes

I just made some PCK seeds. Should I even grow them?

4 Likes

Interesting! I’m going to have to keep digging and see if I can find out what the actual possible mom’s were.
What ever they are, they’ve made some fantastic babies!

Yeh, there’s a couple with leaves bigger than my hands already.
I have to flip these to flower real soon, due to space and time constraints. But I’m wanting to source some more of these if I can to hunt through in future.

The petioles on those 3 blade leaves are loooong as well, like 4-5 times longer than on the other plants.

:v:

9 Likes

Seen some fire looking plants and heard good reviews of it but sadly the 1 female I grew from my freebie pack had a whole branch that was straight male so do be vigilant at looking for intersex @avr1 might be better outdoor for that :call_me_hand:

10 Likes

It’s got a horrible smell and taste to me.
Like if Jack Herer and Black Domina had a baby and it’s dominant.
I did some chucking with the crosses and it passes with dominance.
This dominance I have also witnessed in Bodhi’s
Jungle Fever which used one of Charlie or Dube’s Congo which is bred to PCK.
I do not get this with Aces Malawi though.

It doesn’t hold a candle to the Kush’s IMO.

Both crosses intersexed more than acceptable to me as well.

8 Likes

Trying not to buy anything this 4/20 but we’ll see. Something almost always lures me in.

I saw a sale on Brothers Grimm Pineapple c99 that drew my interest. Still fondly remember a strain called Coma from MI in the early eighties that had a more rare pheno, maybe 1 in 30, that had the most wonderful Pineapple smell and taste. Would love to find something like it again!

5 Likes

Love me some Pineapple.

5 Likes

Me too :drooling_face: pineapple skunk from GGG is an all time favourite

2 Likes

My favorite was some C99 from Mosca. Found one that smelled like over ripe pineapple. Man I love it. Brothers Grim recently released some new Cindy I am anxious to try.

7 Likes

Here’s my two TK 5150 x Chem 91’s. Day 11 of flower.

Planted in same 15 gal pot due to other plants in tent being further along in veg and to manage space.

Mildly concerned about the stretch :sweat_smile::flushed:

27 Likes

Those look stellar @SillySausage very nice :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

Definitely. I saw you were intended to use it in a cross, that’s a good idea. It’s been (over)used precisely cause it is a good line to make hybrids with. Brings many interesting traits (mold/pest resistance, shortened flowering time, purple colors if you want it, taste, resin production). It’s been bred for that. But it can be quite dominant in crosses.

Maybe that’s coming from the melting with the other strains? PCK by itself is quite good (musky, hashy, spicy, berry) but its smell does get passed in the progeny and melt with the other one. Maybe that’s why? Crossed with a SD it’s pure joy. But well, smell/taste is subjective.

There’s little chance the intersex comes from it anyway. Chances are higher that the cross you had had little to no breeding per se, so let’s be fair.

9 Likes

That’s fair it’s probably just my personal taste.
If I had the time, I would buy a pack of PCK regs and try them out. It’s been since 2016 that I grew these.
As far as the intersex goes Chem 91 crosses can for sure, WiFi I’m not too sure, but likely.
I do know that the two WiFi crosses I’ve grown have not been keepers and I don’t follow that line anymore either.

6 Likes

yeah I’ve been wanting to run pck for awhile ever since I saw that crazy beautiful red budded pheno that someone found on ICMag I believe… doubt that pheno will ever pop up for me but… one can dream lol

4 Likes

I was going to use the pollen in another cross but decided the two weren’t compatible enough. I chopped them last weekend and forgot about them!

3 Likes