CSI Humboldt Seeds

I’m very interested In the Irene and hybrids also tk and og kush s1 chems too

3 Likes

Thanks man :grin:

lmao i was just playing bro. much love.

1 Like

3 Indict Bitez on right, the rest should have visible labels. The tall lanky one on bottom left is one of my own. Gonna be a CSI summer!

11 Likes

Not saying it’s not possible all things are possible, more being honest about these attempts. 99% of the time it will be futile or not worth time investment. I do the same thing and pick keepers with logic, but it’s just part of the genetics so deeply ingrained in some strains it’s just not going to be the same strain at the end of the day sometimes too when all the filtering is done. Nevile and Shanti etc often said “why throw the baby out with the bath water”. I agree with this but found my breeding practices to not follow this line of thinking. I go full nazi on herm traits. Did no good with several lines. Sourdiesel especially. Also you have to consider when throwing these plants out without seeing it’s alleles laid out on a computer screen understanding what is there and how to accomplish your goal you really have no idea what you are throwing out, you really are just guessing and going by feelings when making these choices. Technology and gene science will eventually be there but it will be a long long time before it is IMO especially for things other than medical where all resources are being put.

So I agree with most of your points but disagree to a degree on some. Breeding these things out sounds good on paper and in theory, but I would wager 20 years of line breeding down the road one may have very much wished they would focus on better more obtainable goals when breeding considering current tech and science. I know I would be really upset if I spent 20 years one damn strain and still not much result when it comes to chance of herms. Humans surely do speed up evolution with our selections but nature has had hundreds of thousands of years at least to make sure those genes stay relevant for the plants survival here on Earth.

Like I said if it were me I would just be straight up on the packaging or ads. Chances for herms…

We have had over 20 years with most of these strains and it is well documented which ones will do this but I still think for newer people or hobby customers they should have a heads up…

5 Likes

@OG619 Looks like it’s off to a good start. Keep us posted along the way. I got them too and haven’t popped them due to space, so I’ll be watching the run of yours closely.

@DefNSmokn sweet plants :metal: Curious to see how the Indict Bitez turn out.

3 Likes

Pretty sexy plants ya got there. Or as Larry David might say, those are lookin “pretty…pretty…PRETTY good”.

I just put a seed of Z26 x HP13 in soil this morning. Might have done the same with The White x UK Cheese, Blackberry Wine 69 x Sweet 16, Sour Diesel x Obama Kush, and Forbidden Fruit x Granddaddy Purple

Oh yeah… now it’s a party!
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Looks like I’ve got some hermie lowers just starting to develop at day 23 flower for 5150 TK x Chem 91.
Looks like a ball starting on the left and for sure a calyx with pistils on the right side of this bud, going to let it and a few others develop but otherwise pluck most of the lowers as they’re just starting just to be safe, and keep an eye for any balls :expressionless:

17 Likes

Well spotted @Growgrassblowglass hopefully you won’t get more, relatively easy plants to inspect due to node spacing. Cleaning up the lowers is definitely a good idea. Even the ‘larf’ on this strain were dense little nuggets but you’ll have plenty up top.

5 Likes

Yah definitely some funky bits on these girls :expressionless:
Glad I caught it early though, hopefully they don’t come back

7 Likes

Chem 91 is the worst cut for herms. Sucks because it is a very nice Chem, but to be honest Chem D is the best period. All my Chem 91 had a good amount of herm from bodhis appy cross to the s1’s themselves.

10 Likes

I never seen the original cut of Chem91 herm at all. Thinking there must be some fakes going around

4 Likes

It’s not the cut it’s when it is crossed out or selfed.

Go on crosscut or self your ‘real’ cuts of all these and let us all know the results. It will be the same as everyone else who has done it.

4 Likes

Ok I must have misunderstood that part. I have seen the herm issue with the offspring just always assumed it was from the other side. But it makes sense now that you mention it. The one I know came from the a trusted source in 2005 so I’m almost positive it’s original. I didn’t mean to imply that anyone has a fake cut. Although I’m sure there are many going around

2 Likes

There are few cuts that naturally herm that people keep around from my experience. It’s almost always the offspring you see it in. My logic for it is that people choose the ones that don’t to keep around.

I have almost all if these. From purple indica to cherry pie to SFV 91 tk D etc. Verified and selfed most of them or crossed them out and my experience has been the same as everyone else I talked to. Not all but a good portion show in offspring. I wish it were different, they are all incredible and glad we can at least sort through and find one’s that suit our taste the most.

5 Likes

Agreed the Chem 91 skva cut does not herm, but use it in a cross and you’ll find they will pass on the intersex gene.

My 91 s1 and Cap Junky x 91 cross both have a low percentage of intersex traits. Plenty run clean however, it’s just a numbers game to find your keeper.

With that being said, I did get a single bean from a 91 skva bud… grown by SkunkVA and sold at his dispensary. Could be that it came from pollen from something else in his room perhaps?

7 Likes

Notsoband x IBG day 60

35 Likes

Zkittles S1 just posted to the site. I think there was 3 left in stock. They’re pricey for sure, but from what I seen there’s some fire to be found!

4 Likes

CSI babies and my own Chocolate Diesels too. Two of the Chem D S1s have stunted bad, one is coming out of it, the other I don’t have much hope for. Everybody else is doing fine.

14 Likes

$300 for 7 seeds :sob:

8 Likes