CSI Humboldt Seeds

Tahoe OG x Bubba Kush Smoke Report

Bud Shot:
At 64 days flowering

Flash 60 day cure

Sunlight 60 day cure

Bag appeal:
Classic lighter green colored bud, with orange hairs. A little frost on them, but not too much.

Smell and taste:
They have a light sweet lemon scent. These got dried out more quickly than I would have liked, so not very strong smell on them. The flavor is more pronounced than the smell, primarily being earthy, with light lemon. Overall not very loud in either smell or taste.

Potency and effects:
Medium potency on this strain. Iā€™ve been a big fan of Tahoe OG for a long time, and was curious to see if this cross would be similar, and I would say the effects are what I generally find when I purchase this strain from the dispensary. A short sativa like come up with heady effects, followed by a deep stone, which will make you eat everything in your house and then fall asleep. Very heavy couch lock, and makes me as dumb as can be.

Overall:
Was pleased to find a Tahoe OG leaning plant that had the effects I was looking for. Really fun weed if you are into narcotic effects. I donā€™t smoke it all that frequently, as itā€™s more for when I get a night to myself and donā€™t need to interact with anyone, but when I have that freedom itā€™s perfect. I do want to say that as much as I enjoy the effects of the plant, it was a really challenging plant to grow. It had an incredibly slow veg, long internodal spacing, and really didnā€™t branch out at all, which led to a very small yield, all while being incredibly fussy. I could not make the plant happy through itā€™s whole life. I was kind of hoping I wouldnā€™t like the effects as much as I do, so I wouldnā€™t have to try and grow it again. But, I really enjoy it, and I have two packs of it to work through, so I will try and run it again sometime soon.

28 Likes

Alright nowā€¦yall are gonna make me pull out the gunsā€¦

4 Likes

Purple Urkle Fallen Soldier Day 32 flower

24 Likes

I have a love hate relationship with seeds lolā€¦

I really love all the possibilities that comes from a single seedā€¦

I really hate that I want sooo many lol. Iā€™ll probably end up with thousand of seeds I never got to pop when my time is up.

Iā€™d love to get a hold of the Cali orange s1s and bubblegum.

10 Likes

Just wanted to share this Matt Riot interview with Notsodog here as they share a lot of knowledge and info about a bunch of cuts that CSI uses. Some history and some background info that I found very interesting.

18 Likes

Ha, saw that there was a new post in the CSI thread and was going to mention that podcast episode. I have mixed feelings about Matt Riot but it was still interesting all the same (and heā€™s sufficiently well-behaved in this podcast).

5 Likes

:joy: I feel you. I was a bit reluctant to listen to his podcast but this one was pretty good. Some of them are absolutely unlistenable due to sound quality. Mostly heā€™s just trying to make money from subscribers on patreon it seems though but Iā€™m just a casual listener and found this episode interesting. The History of Chemdog will be an interesting listen to compare it to the Potcast episode interview with the man himself.

3 Likes

Irene chem at day 29 from flip

23 Likes

Fuck Matt riot I just donā€™t understand why he gets a pass for all the shit heā€™s done.

6 Likes

Tk 5150 x Purple Urkle 38 days flower

24 Likes

There were definitely a couple times Notsodog shut down Matt Riot before Matt could go off on a tangent or interject something based on hearsay/conjecture/Mattā€™s thoughts.

That said, I only listened to the first 40 minutes or so where it was almost completely Notsodog telling the Chemdog story as he knows it. It seemed pretty close to the story told on the Skunk VA potcast from what I can recall.

4 Likes

Category 7 at 6 weeks ! very slow vegger going to veg the last 2 beans way longer

25 Likes

Really loving these strain reviews! I need to start following your personal grow threads more often. Canā€™t keep up with everything but Iā€™ll do my best since you and I seem to enjoy Caleb and his work so much.

5 Likes

Appreciate that! Donā€™t tell the Bodhi heads on here, but Caleb is my favorite breeder! Iā€™ve shared some of the photos of my recent grows with him on instagram and he has chatted with me about what iā€™ve found, and where i can look for future stuff. I think itā€™s awesome how approachable he is being as big as he is, just might take him a while to get back to you.

16 Likes

Ya Iā€™d have to say heā€™s my favourite as well.

haha

Thatā€™s really cool that youā€™ve had chats with him about the seeds you grew out. I agree with you about him being approachable, he interacts with me on IG about the photos I post of his seeds I grew out as well. I think thatā€™s why I like him so much, just seems like a chill, down to earth guy. I really like his personality.

Care to share any insights of what you chatted about and what you found and where to find it, etc?

7 Likes

As a Bodhi head, I respect your decision. Caleb and Bodhi have a healthy respect for each other and they actively try not to duplicate each otherā€™s work. Even if theyā€™ve worked with the same cuts/strains, they work them in different directions, in completely different projects, and with different goals. If only more seed makers were more like themā€¦

16 Likes

I think the best tip he has shared with me has been to purchase his crosses vs his s1ā€™s of a particular strain iā€™m interested in, because Iā€™m a small time home grower that only pops one or two seeds of any particular strain at a time. In going after his crosses Iā€™ll find a higher percentage of more vigorous plants, where he advises to pop the whole pack and dig through them for his s1ā€™s.

Iā€™ve been particularly interested in OGā€™s and Kushā€™s, and he sent me in the direction of SFV OG and Tahoe OG x Bubba to look through. I wonder if he still carries those now that he has decided to use his pheno hunted s1ā€™s more now than cuts.

17 Likes

Ya I saw that post in the ROI thread as well of the IG comment where he stated that he ā€œdropped most all his OG Kush cuts in favor for is own S1 selectionsā€ ā€“ pretty crazy, but thatā€™s awesome heā€™s moving forward. I wonder which OG cuts he kept!? Like the best of the best I think. Exciting to think that all these fire cuts heā€™s finding in his own shit will soon come out and get better and better with the crosses heā€™ll release.

My plan has been to lay off the seed buying until the end of this year where I can buy a nice stack of his stuff on one of his sales.

12 Likes

Caleb seems to be a cool guy. I sent him an email about a male Patient Zero x Chem 91 I found out of a pack of feminized seeds. He sent me an email back within 4 hours. Answered all my questions. Since I have a pretty rare male Iā€™m breeding him to a few of my females. Here are a few that got a little shot of pollen 4 weeks ago.

Tk 5150 x Purple Urkle

Bubblegum x Chem 91

Ruthless Runtz Fallen Soldier

46 Likes

Ive got a feeling that the TK 5150 Ɨ Purple Urkle is going to be some really great smoke! Makes me want to break out my Purple Urkle s-1ā€™s by CSI Humboldt and run a few. :grin::+1:

5 Likes