CSI Humboldt Seeds

Thanks for the info! My money was delivered on Monday and no update as of yet. I’ll keep an eye on my inbox and spam folder just in case.

1 Like

My single Durban Poison S1 is doing really well :metal:

17 Likes

How old is she?

1 Like

17 days old in that pic

2 Likes

Yes indeed its possible to transmit tmv from packages smoke’s to plants.

Even ashes as well from my research.

Especially loose tobacco.

Some camps say nothing has officially ever Been tested that cannabis was injected by tmv, but during the time when This was “blowing up” most were still very illegal. So to prove through testing wasn’t going to happen.

But in the grand scheme of growing, it’s best to eliminate every possible variable you can as far as cleanliness and such. Cuzz when and if something goes wrong, it’s one less thing to Have to consider and will be already ruled out.

Im a big paranoid dude when it comes to things like this, i keep a spray bottle of 99% alcohol on hand always spraying down hands and arms.

4 Likes

@Cactus https://extension.psu.edu/tobacco-mosaic-virus-tmv this is a good breakdown of TMV from penn state. They have found it is more common on air dried tobbaco compared to flue dried because of the heat involved. However it can lay dormant for a long time

4 Likes

Nice read and brings up some very interesting points thanks!

2 Likes

I caved and ordered a pack of TK S1’s after all this time of drooling over them lol

I’ll be sending the cash out once the post office opens :grin:

20 Likes

prepare to be loaded up

2 Likes

Bombthreat Bubba 1/7 and the 1 looks sickly
Babu - all 7 look weak after weeks in seedling stage

Copa, Bodhi and Katsu seeds in same tent and seed-starter mix are all doing fine.

Bad luck I suppose.

2 Likes

I had trouble with irene kush x t-1000. Poor germination. Thinking about just going on a Notso phenohunt for safety. Two of those made it.

3 Likes

Im running two headband (notso) crosses. Hb x triangle and hb x chem. Both germed good. The chem was a little less vigorous out the gate but has caught up

5 Likes

Share photos of them. I grew babu and it looked and came out great so I’m skeptical.

3 Likes

Babus

5 other breeders planted the same week

5 Likes

They look to be in coco instead of soil like the other plants… im no coco expert, but have you been feeding them at all? They look hungry to me and seems to be struggling to get the roots running…

6 Likes

Chem D x UK Cheese, day 2 of flower

15 Likes

3 different TK S1s

Not 100% CSI but I’ll put it up for comparison,
Glitter Trike. Pure OG Kush x Triangle x Biker Kush

:v::canada:

36 Likes

Hows them smells outta these?

5 Likes

They all land where you’d expect an inbred OG Kush to be, fuel, pinsol cleaner, pencil shavings, cedarwood, fresh tennis balls, earth type of smells.
:v::canada:

13 Likes

They all started in the same Jiffy seed starter mix; Peat, Coco and Vermiculite. The other plants were recently transplanted into soil.

If they are that hungry as seedlings ~ how are they going to perform in veg / flower? I’ve never had to feed seedlings before. Why even bother with them when I have healthy plants outperforming every Babu?

The babu was a freebie pack ~ but I paid $200 (minus discount) for bombthreat bubba which had terrible germination rates. Reached out to Nspecta via email to give a heads up weeks ago ~ no reply.

Just sharing my experience ~ not looking to bash the breeder.

6 Likes