Curing fan leaves and wrapping with them

The wrapping on a good cigar is special type of leaf. Thicker and larger that what is put in it.

2 Likes

I think executed properly one wrapper layer would work for our purposes.

@stain although weā€™re drawing inspiration and similarities to cigar tobacco, there are also differences between that and our uses. A thicker wrapper may offer benefits to tobacco that it wouldnā€™t for us. I.E. more robust flavor, more mouth feel, the structure of holding the long leaf filler togetherā€¦ All things we wouldnā€™t really be interested in.

The guy that i saw that on was a Cigar maker in LasVegas, and he says he prefers a single wrap on his ā€œpersonalā€ cigars. For aesthetics it is preferable for two wraps though. I watched a bunch of videos on making cigars to help me understand the stuff and roll necessary for wrapping.

1 Like

Wonā€™t have a sufficient amount of leaves for a couple weeks so thereā€™s time to refine the plan, but so far I intend to try two things.
First a thin sheet of leaves just one or two layers thick, rolled up like a knife set, in paper towel and stored in the bottom of the fridge to dry. Very likely will take a full month to complete yellowing this way.
A second batch will be partially dried and stacked as thick as a nerf football. Then wrapped loosely in two layers of butcher paper, before being heat fermented.

2 Likes

My bet is on the heat fermented batch.

1 Like

We watch, wait and wonder.

1 Like

I canā€™t wait to give my own ideas a go.

2 Likes

I think yaā€™ll are already smoking wayyyyy too muuuch.
here

7 Likes

Lmao, like I can afford an illadelphia! That shitā€™s beautiful

2 Likes

We are working on figuring out how to smoke wayyyyy, wayyyyy, too muuuch. :grin:

3 Likes

@LED_Seedz on the contrary I donā€™t smoke at all. Lol

2 Likes

Ive heard putting leaves in between two pieces of cardboard works for curing leaves ive been researching into this as well i got a plant coming down in a couple days ill do ky own experiments an tell yall how it goes

2 Likes

Have you ever seen how kids recycle paper by putting little pieces in a water mix and than letting it dry on a screen. I wonder if you do something like that?

2 Likes

Ooh, I do know what youā€™re talking about. Did that with my grandmother as a kid to turn newspaper into construction paper. There are ā€œCBD+ā€ blunt wraps out here made completely from hemp, similar to the inner leaf of a cigar, and Iā€™ve always assumed thatā€™s how they make them

Edit: If the end goal is a 100% Cannabis Cigar, is it cheating to use a hemp rolling paper under the outer leaf?

1 Like

You nailed it. When I did my cannagar, I cured my leaves using Tangwenaā€™s Malawi cob method on ICMag. I cut the leaves fresh, put them in a vacuum sealed bag and set that on my hot water heater for a few days. After that they got a dark green.

To form the cigar, I wrapped seven grams of cured buds around a bamboo skewer and held them in place with hemp twine. This was sealed and a few days later the hemp twine was removed. At this point I coated the buds in a half gram of warm rosin and rolled it in a gram of kief (think moon rocks). Finally the cured leaves were glued on with another half gram of warm rosin. This was wrapped in hemp twine and vacuum sealed for three months.

For those keeping score, that seven grams if bud, a gram of kief, and a gram of rosin. Smoked it last year for 4/20, took about an hour and a half to burn all the way (took a couple sittings).

Next time I make one, Iā€™ll document the process.

14 Likes

Here you go guys. This is something like what Iā€™m talking about here. Watch his videos on the profile he talks a little about it. Some of the descriptions of posts have info in them, but this is what Iā€™m talking about hereā€¦

https://www.instagram.com/jeancarlosmagars_2.0/

1 Like

do you have a picture of the whole thing? so the last wrap of hemp twine stays on during smoking?

1 Like

No, unfortunately I didnā€™t take any pictures of it. And no, the twine and skewer are removed before lighting. I think Iā€™ll be making another one soon for 4/20.

1 Like

tried the leaves and paper towels in a bag on the water heater. stuffed semi dry buds in my mold for 3 days, wrapped up the ā€œkabobā€ using the mold to keep it tight. then vacuum sealed for a day or soā€¦ hereā€™s the result

14 Likes