Deathstar crosses

Who’s the best breeder(s) for the Death Star strain?? Best place to get Death Star seeds

2 Likes

@jinglepot It’s supposed to be a tightly held clone only, I been looking for it since I seen this thread pop up. Green point has an f4 and they are the only ones I can find with the seeds, but they are out of stock

1 Like

AKBB has a Deathstar BX. I bought a pack but haven’t grown them yet. And I can’t find anyone who has tried them. My intent was to find a male to breed back to the clone.

4 Likes

I’m in a few private “sharing” and preservation groups on here. With so much interest in Deathstar, I’m wondering if there are enough people interested that we should start a similar group to help preserve this strain. If anyone is interested, hit me with a PM so we can discuss it.

10 Likes

@kndreyn I’m definitely down for that, I can’t do the run for a while but I can help with the cost to be included in the group

4 Likes

I’m currently doing a seed run of [Deathstar clone X Deathstar Rephresh (AJ Sour D x Sensi Star F3)]. @GrowHard made the Rephresh beans.

I’ll be handing the resulting cross out to any and everyone that’s interested. There’s sure to be some stinkers in there. These Deathstar Rephresh are all very stinky in veg. It’s not a BX, it’s not an IX, it’s something else. Very similar lineage to the mom but not the same parents.

24 Likes

Last one!

3 Likes

That’s incorrect. It’s completely legal to mail a clone and dried cannabis in Canada.

3 Likes

As long as it’s a gift and no money it exchanged :100: legal.

2 Likes

Canadian customs even lets clones come across the border. Both times I had some sent anyways

2 Likes

Wow, that’s interesting. Surprising, actually. Pretty cool.

2 Likes

Don’t hold your breath for that happening any time soon in the US.

1 Like

We have deathstar at a local nursery here. I grabbed a couple for someone here on OG.

Also grabbed some gg4 and those cuts had that same stank I remember them having. So it’s promising atleast.

Excited to see if they turn out legit.

6 Likes

It’s Illegal to sell seeds and possibly clones, I’m not sure. But if it was totally Legal or easy to get Legal to sell seeds in Canada I would a little. Instead I’ve traded and gifted my breeding work when I can afford the mail and someone is cool enough. If selling was legal I could get $5 a fem and $3 a regular and make a few retirement dollars, that I don’t truly need. But it would cover the cost of mail, breeding work and supplies. I’m breeding with stricter disciplines as I go along and my Genetic Firepower for crossing is improving also.

1 Like

That’s right! And to sell seeds Legally you need a growers license to begin with. That’s why originally Tweed offered two mediocre strains only of seeds. If Canada made it easy for one to become a registered seed seller then Canadians would be the Cornerstone of seed breeding in no time. Good breeders would emerge and Income and Taxe$ would flow into the country for cannabis genetics. It’s better to have a few good jobs than to not have those jobs available.

1 Like

You don’t need a growers license to sell seeds in canada if they are sold for hobby purposes only.

And “gifting” and mailing seeds AND clones is totally legal

3 Likes

Yes so that means it cost me to gift. The cost of shipping and gas to get to the post office. So basically even when I trade it’s a gift from me because unproven genetics are worthless to me, until it’s tested it’s birdseed! I get nothing in return so instead I bless a few friends. It’s just weird that Canada has a giant illegal weed growing industry where they sell cheap weed. But somebody can’t easily launch a seed company. It’s not much different than a small auto repair or a tailor.

1 Like

You need a nursery licence not a production licence and it’s legal to gift

1 Like

Yes indeed!

1 Like

I pulled a seed from the Deathstar I reversed just to see how they’re looking. It was still a little green, so I’m giving it another couple of weeks. But I sprouted the seed to see if it was viable. Looking good so far.

19 Likes