Deathstar crosses

Hell yeah! I’m running a new cut sourced from GMO house of clones. He documented it real well on his ig. Definitely growing different than the old cut we ran earlier.

7 Likes

Niice dude how far in are you?

2 Likes

I just finished a Deathstar bx called Blue Star. I also grew the ISS x Bluestar (Deathstar bx). They’re made by @Josh_Blue and wasn’t sure if you had heard of it. His company is called Blue Star Seeds. He has a DS cut and also colabs with DJ Short.

It was a really nice plant and stinks real good. It seems good and potent, too. I have to catch him up on the grow report and pics. I was really impressed.

I need to go back and read your thread. Hope things are going alright! peace :v: :man_farmer:

6 Likes

Hey thanks @gman for the review. For clarity, the Death Star bc Im just calling death star back cross currently. Not sure if I’m going to name it past that. I used Blue Star as the reversered pollen donor to Death Star. A feminized version of my pinnacle mother plant to my favorite cut. Strong Death Star phenos are found at a high ratio of the offspring. I havent sorted pics yet from the test run but the smoke quality is phenomenal. Pungent sour skunky diesel with some that range toward cherry and blueberry.

And the iss x bs I’m super stoked on as well. Out of my last test round they stood out with consistent aromatic high qualities. Grapefruit, skunk, menthol, and blueberry were a few of the main components that came forward. Ive got a skunk leaner slated for the skunk project from these. Out of several hundred seeds, some being specific old skunk lines and new, this is one of maybe 2 or 3 plants that made the cut for the skunk project.

10 Likes

Thanks for the heads up on Mota…been looking around for breeders that were on Sannie’s seeds website…like: Mota,

N.A.W. seeds (lost my Strawberry Blues seeds) Strawberry Blues ( Blue Hammer #2 x Polar Bear #3 )
Have a great day

1 Like

Just a week into flower or so.

2 Likes

Niiice, keep us posted plz. Throwing off any funk yet?

1 Like

Patiently awaiting my cuts to arrive. After talking to the seller and digging through tons of old info. I do believe this to be the authentic Ohio cut of deathstar. I will be doing an in depth grow log of this plant, so stay tuned. This plant already looks so much different and more along the lines of what ive seen in previous posts.

14 Likes

Was gonna start a new thread, but we been keeping this one going for so long now. I received 4 unrooted cuttings of Deathstar. 2 of them were from a re veg mom and have a very unique/ hashy smell to them. Almost smells like walking into an old head shop. I also recieved 3 cuts of ecsd ill be running along side as well. Everything was transplanted into rapid rooters and happy frog. I’ve got them under 24hr light at 30% power. One of the re veg cuts is starting to yellow up so dont know if itll make it or not. Ive had a hard time getting re veg cuts to take root in the past. Other than that, ive been patiently waiting for signs of growth. I let them breathe for about 2 hours today and only had 1 ecsd get droopy on me, so that gives me hope they’re starting to root.
Its been one hell of a journey to get this plant back where shes from.

6 Likes

11 Likes

I for one, and hella pumped for these ladies. Rooting for them to really take off!.

I’m a sucker for the Ohio strains. Id leap at the chance to grow out Deathstar, Dumpster, Migs gold, that WPAFB alien weed. :green_heart::leaves: Smokes like home :house:

5 Likes

Ohios always put out the fire ass weed. I only had Dumpster on one occasion and it was so long ago i dont really remember it, except for it was some fire. The deathstar i used to get though was on an entire different level. Used to get it from the old lady receptionist at my work. Stuff had the most unbelievable stench imaginable. I was a delivery driver and would be cruising around all day smoking that shit. I still cant believe i never got busted with that stuff.

7 Likes

Update. I lost one of the re veg Deathstars. She started getting brown and funky so i pitched it out. I’ve been hitting all the other cuts with a Rhizotonic foliar spray a few times a day and they really seem to be taking off.
As a side note. These little cuttings stink already. Im defiantly getting some Earthy, rubbery, diesel notes. I have no doubt this is the same stuff I was lucky enough to get years ago.

6 Likes

It’s an old cut. It needs tissue cultured to bring back the vigor. If it’s legit it would be hard to clone. All you can do is take as many cuts as you can and hope. :rofl:
Be an interesting question to price search how much it would cost to tissue culture a strain…

1 Like

I dunno. The guy i got the cuts from said this is the loudest, greasiest shit hes come across. Theres cuts way older than the ds still holding their . Only time will tell, but the tissue culture idea does sound interesting.

3 Likes

I know Kevin Jodrey did it to the Dogwalker OG a couple yrs ago. He talked about it on some podcast I listened to while trimming. It sounded like it was the way to go as far as renewing and cleaning up older clones. You can store them and grow them anytime. Very interesting :thinking:

3 Likes

Do you have a link? I’m fascinated.

2 Likes

Update. Now that these cuts are taking off you can really start to see the pronounced zigzag on the main stalk.

9 Likes

I will try to find it for you buddy but its been 2 yrs ago i believe right when they started selling the dogwalker og. so It will take a little digging but not much.

1 Like

Things are finally starting to take off. I transplanted two ecsd and two deathstars into 1 gallon fabric pots. For such tiny little plants they are definitely throwing off some funk. Having a major issue with gnats so topped all my soil with diatomaceous earth. That stuff works wonders.

11 Likes