Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

Thank you! I really like variety and burn out on smoking a single strain really quickly, so I have been growing at least two or three strains per round, this one ended up being all different which is pretty neat! It also keeps things interesting with all the different plants to look at and think about inside my plant limit.

5 Likes

How long do you typically veg for? Everything looks nice man!

3 Likes

@Tessellated Pretty long, I usually start seeds around when I pot veg up to seven gallon smartpots, then flip a week after that. So by the time they get flipped to 12/12 they’re about 10-12 weeks from seed.

3 Likes

Slamming in with an update from Day 63 of flower, everyone is chunky and sparkling, most probably coming down within the week.

FDM OG Mix #1:

FDM OG Mix #2:

@SCJedi Nigerian Sunshine x Goji OG:

@SCJedi Blackwater x Apollo OP:

Bodhi Cherry Unicorn:

18 Likes

looking very nice, “variety is the best spice in life” how do i say? “smoke thirsty my friend”.

2 Likes

Thank you @mainerJ lots of variety this round, I got two very different plants from the OG mix, and a surprise Nigerian/Goji that slipped into the Blackwater pack. Never actually run solo plants of each strain before but it sure is interesting! I hand water so it’s pretty easy trying to keep up with how much they all eat and drink different as long as I pay attention.

2 Likes

@Dirt_Wizard i know kiss. keep it simple stan.lol one strain at a time so you can learn how to grow them. i have always mixed my growing strains because i like variety too.this has helped me notice how they all grow in their own way. allowing me to better care for what i grow because i learned how different they all grow. give them what they want / need and you will be happy with what you grow / get. looks like you are enjoying the grow.

4 Likes

They’re starting to come down! First OG mix (#1) got the chop tonight at 68 days, here’s one branch:

9 Likes

Is it the Nigerian 1 or 2. The ones I ran of both were super quick dense finishers with awesome smoke, I have never seen plants recover and crush a grow so quick. (I chopped it in veg all the way down to the last branch. Little thing. Yield was about 2oz a plant in 1 gal soil!)

4 Likes

That Goji cross was his Nigerian #2

2 Likes

Ah maybe it’s the granny skunk that was crossed with the 1 I have. I got three packs from him at the time. The goji being one. All were absolutely gold in my eyes.

3 Likes

Looks like he crossed both with the Granny:

I got a big set of packs from him late last year:
Bodega Bubblegum x Nigerian Sunshine
88G13HP preservation x 2
Nigerian Sunshine #2 green pheno x Apollo 11/13 open pollination
Blackwater x Apollo OP
Duct Tape x Apollo OP
Columbian/GDP x Grape Stomper OG

The Nigerian/Goji seed (seeds?) ended up in the Blackwater pack by accident, but it was a happy one, I’m loving it. Kinda hoping I find another in there someday lol.
I’ll definitely be running more of those in the near future after what I saw this time around, fire gear for sure

5 Likes

I could see a mix up between the NS2xGoji and the NS2XGranny since they were harvested from the same mother (stripped 100% of seeds in between) but I cannot explain how a NS2xGoji got mixed in the the BWxApollo. Anything is possible I suppose.

For those oogling over the NSxGoji I only made those one time with a pollen donation from someone in Oregon and they all sold out via Strainly. I did hold back about 20 for myself.

I boiled my Nigerian Sunshine hunt down to two keeper phenos, #1 green and #2 purple. I only crossed #1 a couple of times and I liked her better than #2. Both are gone now. The purple I said bye too and I did not know that I had the last cut of the green pheno and I mishandled it.

5 Likes

That’ll do nicely for me:

17 Likes

Well done :clap: great reward for the months of work! Love those purple buds :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Hope your all good bud, haven’t seen you around in a while.
Good vibes :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hey buddy! I’m doing good, started a new job on a farm for the summer so I haven’t been online as much. Got some updates to put up this weekend though! Everything is copacetic at home and in the tents

7 Likes

Good to hear, hope your enjoying your hands in some dirt!!

4 Likes

That icy grape looked great! Do you have a smoke report on it?

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

i just had a chance to fully read through and appreciate the dirt wizardry that you bring to your grows @Dirt_Wizard! i’m sure you’re hard at work practicing your dirt magic, so i ain’t trying to rush you for updates or anything. but i wanted to let you know i appreciate your grows and the knowledge you share (and how you share it).

as a fellow photographer, i’m loving your photos. there’s a certain charm, especially to the ones of your plants in the corner of your basement. the lighting and the setup, it’s fucking classic but contemporary. i’m really digging it!

i’m rounding third base with my first grow, where i’ve got some durban and cindy mixes from fleur du mal. i’ve stuck to 3 gallon containers due to my limited space, but my plants are looking pretty sweet considering. so looking back through your photos has me pumped for what’s to come.

anyways stay dirty, dirt_wizard!

3 Likes