Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

@HeadyBearAdventures yeeeeah that’s me too. I got on Lexapro and Adderall XR this year in my late thirties and it’s been life-changing even in low doses. I’ve found various strains to work really well for me over life, and they tend to be ones heavy in minor cannabinoids, I think THCV is actually the more interesting one for ADHD, but my interest in CBG is more the emotional moderation since I’m really reactive which is apparently part of the package when you get diagnosed and treated in adulthood.

9 Likes

Got my package from Floyd today, he hooked it up quite nicely. I invited him over here and hopefully he pops up when he has the time, he also let me know in a note that he’s got some new THCV work dropping in the next few weeks. The five-packs ended up being seven and eight-packs, the two tubes of OC V2 gotta be 100 minimum, and for a gift/freebie I got a 30pk of Circles F2 CBG seeds, nice!

"Circles F2 CBG

(La Crema CBG x La Crema CBG)

Circles is part of our La Crema f2 project. Although still La Crema, we think this version will run circles around the original. La Crema CBG is a heavy yielding Indica dominant hash plant with a very distinct orange juice terpene profile that hits both sour and citrus notes. She can hit upwards of 19% CBG and tests compliant even at harvest. To create Circles, we selected one of the rare true males found in a large feminized seed run and used him to pollinate our best La Crema mom. Our intention was was to create a regular version of this unique CBG variety so that others could select a male and easily breed with the highly medicinal cannabinoid known as Cannabigerol. Expect heavy yields of highly dense flowers coated in white trichomes that finish early outdoor."

13 Likes

@Gonzo here’s what I’ve been reading lately and using as a starting point to follow the references and citations about cannabigerol outward into the current research available:

From another paper: “Antinociceptive agents are compounds capable of diminishing pain without negative effects on consciousness or without producing anesthesia.”

Anxiolytic drugs are the ones that reduce anxiety.

This one’s good too:

ijms-19-01992.pdf (2.9 MB)

This article was also pretty interesting, though it didn’t get me anywhere with CBG in particular. The links in the references, though? Gold!

pmt-2020-0110.pdf (1.3 MB)

https://www.futuremedicine.com/doi/full/10.2217/pmt-2020-0110

10 Likes

Cool to see all the cbg discussion - sounds like good stuff. I got some hoku cbg as freebies, ill have to look into them more!

7 Likes

Counted one of the two tubes of OC V2 last night just before bed, had to know how many was in each big fat tube. The answer- 62 seeds in the first one! Looks like I’ll have enough to make those giveaways five-packs!

9 Likes

I remember some hubub about that back from another study in what, 20, 21? Even tobacco smoke was seeming to have some anti-covid effects. I thought it was really funny how a study came out not long after accusing pot of causing heart problems :joy: coincidence?

7 Likes

Yeah, I don’t particularly believe in the in vitro results translating into in vivo effects in most of these COVID studies either. I do find it interesting on its own that CBG had a greater effect in this particular experiment then the other cannabinoids but I don’t think it’ll cure COVID. Though I do wonder about the immediate protective effects of having nicotine or cannabinoids in your respiratory system immediately before, during, or after a minor exposure making a difference.

5 Likes

Well, I fucked up my seeds that got started recently. I made the mistake of trying something new instead of my old reliable peat pucks soaked in fulvic and kelp. I lost four of the six, one Chem D x BOO and the SAGE might make it but we’ll see. Dropping a few more in water tonight and going back to the process that’s worked for me so far. Good thing I have a ton of seeds, just wish it wasn’t some of my not that many feminized ones. Live and learn.

10 Likes

What happened?

4 Likes

I just wasn’t paying enough attention while using a new medium and pots and things got too dry. I also didn’t use peat pucks this time, I dug out a small depression in the packed pots and mixed in EWC, but ended up with damping off. I haven’t really had that problem in the Jiffy pucks with a fulvic soak, so I went back to that tonight and dropped six more fem seeds, one each of G-Unit, Chem D x BOO, @iamyou_youareme 's Blueberry x T1000, Rhinestone Villain, Villain OG, and OC V2. I sanded all of them by hand on the seams and dropped them into a 2:1 H20:H202 solution for the night, in the morning they’re going into the pucks I soaked (left my soluble kelp at my Dad’s so this time it was a few drops each of Mr Fulvic and BioThrive Grow 4-3-3 in a quart of tap water) and fluffed tonight and put into a food container to stay moist. I’ll put them under a vented dome on a heat pad for 48 hours with a saucer of water in there to keep it moist, then no heat or saucer for another day, and on day four I’ll add a small computer fan sucking air out of one of the dome vents. I usually give a spray of PureCrop1 around that time to fight off molds that might have gotten in. I might try the dusting with cinnamon or clove tek, eugenol is a pretty powerful antifungal, I’ve used clove and cinnamon oil for athlete’s foot and tooth or mouth infections and it works great. Around day four or five I start thinking about getting them into dirt. That system has worked pretty well for me so far, so I regret trying a new idea without thinking it through much. Been kinda distracted lately, not the best time to be switching up teks.

10 Likes

I’ve done it too. I think most of us have. Life can easily distract. I’ve lost a few packs once because I completely forgot they were soaking.

10 Likes

I’ve definitely forgotten I had seeds soaking past the 24 hours I usually do and remembered around 36-48, they were fine in the peroxide water but I probably wouldn’t go farther. This time it’s that I switched from pucks and heavy soil mix in plastic pots to direct sow in a lighter soil amended with Promix, also fabric pots. Totally didn’t soak them good first and they never got that good moist core for the seed taproot to find, lesson learned there to water these daily and thoroughly

8 Likes

All right now, flips and washers are here, time to get packing! I’ll send out some DMs tonight to the folks who I don’t have addresses for:

Flips were 500 decent ones for $27, the washers are a little more iffy but seem fine probably. They’re Maxflo heavy-duty also from Walmart.com and they were only $7 for 45, vs the Gilmour ones I get locally that are like $3 for 8 or 10. They’re both the same specs, the Gilmours are probably more true to it and look a fraction of a millimeter thicker, and are made of a firmer rubber with cleaner molding. The Maxflo are, as with many discount things IME, slightly smaller than spec in all dimensions.

Gilmour on the left, Maxflo on the right:

13 Likes

Got a couple new fans for the flower tent, one for the floor and one for the pole up top on my ballast. I’ve been using the same Vivosun clip-ons and generic Walmart Pelonis brand desk fans for two years now. The Vivosun are eh, they’ve been fine and both still work but have been loud as hell the whole time, I prefer the Pelonis desk fans for $10 less which are actually soldiers and I recommend them, the basic kind with four buttons 0-1-2-3 on the round base, they have well fitted screens and the blades screw down with a cap instead of press fitting so they’re easier to wash and keep tight, the motors also seem pretty silent and fine with nothing but a drop of two of Triflow down the shaft every six months.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pelonis-12-3-Speed-Oscillating-Table-Fan-FT30-8MBW-White/885595097

I like Vornado fans in my house so I got this one for the tent floor that’s designed to stand on its back and shoot up so I can work that into the rotation, I usually move my floor fan every few days to point at a different wall. At the advice of a lot of folks here, I decided to start getting the extended store warranty on stuff I use 24/7 in the grow tents, figuring I’ll gamble on my heavy use vs their build quality and see if I end up getting free fans and stuff in a year or two. I bought it from one of my favorite tool stores Acme Tools (tied with KC Tool and Baryonyx Knife Company) but through Walmart for the $6 extended warranty and free shipping.

I’m also considering putting one of these up on a pole mount or adjustable shelf thing in a corner right above the canopy in both flower and veg, but they have to wait until I have the scratch for more gear.

For now it’s grow time!

8 Likes

Today I’m smoking on my Fleur Du Mal OG Mix #1, the lemony one. These both came out really great in the cure, just interesting and nice smoking buds with a good balance of perfume and stank, with a relaxed body and slightly dreamy happy head, this one’s the daytime choice of the two OG mix, call it 60/40 satty dom feeling vs the other way for #2. Layering some of that salad mix shake kif in the middle for a kicking bowl right as the sun is really shining today.

That spoon is one of my favorite smoking tools and also just a utensil I carry everywhere in bags and jacket pockets, it’s a Thai soup or rice spoon and it’s probably the most multifunction eating and utility implements I EDC. It’s a spoon, a butter knife (stamped stainless edge is smoothed but still narrow enough to cut soft foods or fruits well), a small pry bar, a place to put small parts and screws to keep track of them, and a place to break up weed with my fingers, with the narrow end being a perfect small bowl packing scoop/scraper for kif or ground weed in a joint tube. They shouldn’t cost more than $6-10 for a box at any Asian market, I love them.

12 Likes

Kind folks of OG, the horn has been sounded on my first giveaway as a member! The seed fridge grows stacked and I feel bad not spreading it around in the chaotic and lovable way we do here.

Calling for the following folks to drop me a mailing address in the DMs and I will get a nice holiday card out to you in the next week, if I don’t ask you here I already have it:

@bassman5420
@lefthandseeds
@LegsMahoney
@BeagleZ
@HeadyBearAdventures
@CrunchBerries
@DesertHeartGardens
@HolyAngel
@US3RNAM3
@zephyr
@buckaroobonsai
@GryphonX12

19 Likes

Nice, much appreciated man!

5 Likes

Yeah, I think that’s my favorite piece of yours. Love the work!

5 Likes

Many thanks to @royal for posting this link:

Future Cannabis Project interview with Dr Mark Scialdone and Hoku Seeds about Minor Cannabinoids

https://www.youtube.com/live/yUmUQS32-94

7 Likes

Love the FCP content, can barely keep up they put out so many, will for sure have to scope that one out!

3 Likes