Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

Same here! Let’s stay in touch I’ll be watching you grow too and keep it funky

6 Likes

Damn, I need to stop fucking around with grow fans and get some of these modern computer fans like me and @FieldEffect were just talking about over on his journal. Anyone have good 3D print files or DIYs for mounting computer fans on tent poles instead of a 6” clip fan? These Noctuas aren’t what I’d end up getting, would probably want one of their slightly cheaper and less tightly toleranced models for my unfiltered air usage, but look at that fan tip gap- half a millimeter! Incredible manufacturing and I see how that would help fight back pressure when used for ducted or ported circulation:

10 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-PWM-NF-A14-industrialPPC-2000-IP67/dp/B00KFCR0PQ

These look more like what I need, IP67 baby!

With one of these controllers Noctua makes and an old computer power supply, I’ve got one pulled from a server that’s quite nice sitting in a box.

6 Likes

I wound up using that Noctua Speed Controller and Corsair AF120 Elite fans for my veg box ventilation stuff. Used the Corsair fans because they were on sale at Best Buy, the Noctua looks great too

14 Likes

Yeah Noctua are great, used some in the past, solid, silent, and powerful. Used them a long time.

4 Likes

Ive had really good luck with the 120v ac infinity “pc” fans. Don’t have to worry about having a power supply, just plug em in.

4 Likes

I use those already and they’re great but they’re also sort of mid fans compared to the better computer brands like Noctua or Corsair. I will probably use an old computer power supply like I said but you can get AC wall adapters too, even with the speed controller built in, though this isn’t PWM control like the Noctua controller but that would actually be the correct thing for cheaper recycled fans

5 Likes

Your tent came out so clean, kudos on that ventilation solution dude

4 Likes

Some cool older AMAs I found with cannabis folks from the Cannalysts, who are generally boring industry investor folks but some of their guests are good:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCannalysts/comments/8ycsyc/ethan_russo_will_present_an_ama_for/

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCannalysts/comments/9noo3s/ama_ryan_lee_legalization_eve_october_16th_2018/

And some others:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/suvcdv/my_name_is_dr_markus_roggen_a_cannabis_science/

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/paoigz/im_dr_bruce_bugbee_professor_of_crop_physiology/

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/jichf4/askscience_ama_series_i_am_a_leading_researcher/

1 Like

I think I have an extra one kicking around from when I built my computer. 120mm I believe.

2 Likes

Just went back and looked in my log here, the Stardawg x JTR is on Day F59, the autoflower pots are 87 days from sprout.

2 Likes

Nice, she looks like she’s enjoying your place mate! I usually take her around 70-72. It looks like you could get a couple more weeks out of her

2 Likes

Nice nice that means she’s gonna bulk up REALLY heavy because she’s already pretty chunky on the diet here, I just switched her over to alternating days of the Jacks zero N finisher with the 10-30-20, I’ll leave it like that for another week before I do a week of light finisher and water only. Thanks again to @Tripl3fastaction for sending me a pound of the new 0-12-26 Part A to try

4 Likes

Got those seeds planted, finally. Love this new tray insert for plugs in a fresh Super Sprouter quad-thick tray, this is nice! I preheated the plugs to 68F after moistening them up with some weak solution of H202, Mr Fulvic, Maxicrop, and a few drops of PureCrop1. That’s my go-to for keeping things clean and giving the sprouts a little encouragement. Seeds got scuffed up, soaked for one minute in 1:1 H202:water mix, then dunked in a big cup of water and swirled around to rinse. I made a little clear bubble wrap cover for my dome to get the temperatures up for germination, I’ll check that and get a photo later on:

20 Likes

Nice! This will be a fun one :sunglasses:

1 Like

this is what’s up. the deadlights I grew was a perfect 1:1 thc:cbd should make for a good cross, and of course Copa’s seeds are always a hit

4 Likes

I have been wanting to try Deadlights for a while! And the Copa will be fun testers, I liked the BLR x GSD enough to say go ahead and release the freebies, it was stable and decent from what I saw, and I don’t think I grew it close to its potential, that’s called Lime Time now. These will be pretty awesome plants, I’m guessing. Never grown @Strayfox before but I hear great things, and I’m excited to try this Durban x Lambsbread (or the other way around whatever it is) from @Wuachuma that Copa is holding for him.

This cross was a gift from @FieldEffect after he won in the last auction from @TopicalWave and there’s another even bigger charity auction going right now that everyone should check out:

Going all African this run, everything has at least some lineage from there, we’ve got mostly Durban and Malawi, some Nigerian and Congo.

Edit: almost all, I was remembering the more modern Destroyer with Malawi Killer in it, but I think this one is old enough it might just be the Meao Thai x Mexican/Columbian

I killed my OC V2 seedling through neglect, but I’ve got a bunch more seeds so whatever. I’m excited that Rhinestone Villain made it!

Wild Country x MV #5

Mad Villain is Maddog 2020 CBG x 1:1 THC:THCv African Landrace

Feminized

One of my favorite 1:1s I’ve created is our Wild Country which is RunCBD from Twisty Seeds crossed to Ceiba. She is all sweet with a little gas and resin for days. These will be mixed ratios THC:CBD with a heavy leaning towards THC and the added minors from the Mad Villain. As Wild Country is Indica Dominant, these should be solid hybrids with great mixed ratios to be found.

I guess that’s my extra African plant to make up for it
:stuck_out_tongue::joy::earth_africa::muscle:t6:

8 Likes

Welcome! Ive been running it from day 50 on my current grow (D73 now). I probably switched a bit early, the fan leaves are giving up the ghost pretty hard but the flowers are still bulking.

3 Likes

I always roll up and save bubble wrap in a big box so I grabbed some thin stuff, cut it up into three 12x18” panels and two 12x12” and made a cover with some good waterproof painters tape, the long sides tuck under the tray and the ends I tucked under the dome, it’s pretty good for a first try but I’ll make it again out of better materials in the future. I have some larger bubble, crystal clear stuff I saved for basement window insulation that I can use, I ended up putting a big acrylic panel over that window instead. Don’t forget to put the bubbles facing inwards with single sided wrap for insulation use or you’re wasting most of the R-Value, with double sided bubble it doesn’t matter, like my beloved Reflectix.
Temps in the dome were up to 72F when I went to sleep last night, hopefully even warmer this morning. I’ve been putting seeds on top of my water heater tank all winter to get them to sprout since I was just doing a few at a time, I don’t worry about temps much in general since they’re largely outside of my control, but heat in the beginning seems important to get a decisive sprouting

15 Likes

Exciting! I like the bubble wrap seed blanket :grinning:

I need to make some of those pot covers for myself I created an inadvertent algae farm on my rockwool. Gotta get the roll down from the shed tonight and get to work

3 Likes