Does AJ’s Sour Diesel herm? Predominant smell?

I know one person with the original but he doesn’t give it out

And frankly after a bunch of obsession and research it feels like the true original will never match up to the hype anyway. There’s a bunch of different ones just grab them, dial them, and keep the one you like the most

And at this point there’s releases like instant sour karma, headbanger, sowahh, deuce coupe, royal, endless seed lines that you can acquire and pop for amazing plants that won’t give you a hard time growing or cloning

I appreciate a hunt for “the original” but I don’t think the payoff is what I thought it used to be

2 Likes

It’s really just about that flavor. These other cuts like the bunktek and such don’t seem to have it, dialed or not.

And I’ve already looked at the sowah and headbangers that herm like crazy. I do have some other crosses, but that’s not the point here.

1 Like

Every time I think one might be it, it’s something else, usually ecsd

I could say try pcg ajsd, but then it could not be it

My friend has it, so I know it exists

But my point is more so that people have hunted thousands and thousands of cuts, beans, whatnot… usually the hype doesn’t match up, but some are worth it

So all I can say is keep looking and keep the one you like

4 Likes

I love the pcg aj because it made this baby :hot_face::face_exhaling::fire: I’m a believer for life now.

1 Like

@CruJones loves the cloney sour I forgot about that one.

2 Likes

Cloney knows a LOT about weasel too

2 Likes

I recently got the Albany Sour Diesel and am currently rooting maybe 5 clones of it. My cut was sourced from Cloney. I haven’t got to flower her yet, but from all the reports I have got on her, she seems to be the real deal, or at least a solid cut. Smells more like a baby you don’t want to hold and apparently takes the full 12 weeks to develop the right terpene profile.

3 Likes

Does AJ SD Variegate at all ?

I’ve got one but it’s so variegated I’m intrigued to find out … this is a pretty dominant trait on this cut along with its lateral branching.

1 Like

The real AJ supposedly is the wing Wang cut. My buddy has it and is running it now, he’s giving me.a clone.

Looks like the one I had. I honestly think it’s got hlvd with the variegation, zigzag stem, and crinkle in the leafs, but I didn’t test it so could definitely be wrong. I tossed it and the Albany cut in my cleanup. The Albany looked infected to me too. I briefly had the weasel original diesel and that cut looked good and clean to me, but also hermed.

1 Like

Probably too late if in fact the plant is infected… Seems pretty common these days tho, they call it the Covid of Cannabis… Might as well just grow it out at this point, only a test will verify…

1 Like

I’ve only been growing for 2 years so I never knew much about cuts and breeders or who produced what unfortunately. But my first time smoking sour diesel was a little later than when it first got introduced to the weed scene. I had it in 2010, smelled citrusy sour, more heavy on the sour side , the kind of sour that would pinch your nose and a strong diesel fuel smell would come behind to blanket the sour and mixed with all that it was teeny bit earthy. it tasted exactly how it smelled. The nug formation was airy but the bud themselves weren’t. Not too dense but firm, had a good weight to them for buds that looked airy. My assumption was they made weight in heavy crystal production. Medium to light green buds with trichomes that shined a glistening white. I still remember smoking it and relishing that unique dieselly fuel flavor. Don’t know if that’s the original sour diesel or the later version

1 Like

Once you get her happy she’s less verigated. I got her from @Rhino_buddy that’s had her for awhile.
Actually I believe @HighTilliDie gave me this and she’s known to be variegated.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info but I think I’m over sours for a bit they don’t play well with a majority of the strains I’ve been picking and really need a run separate for themselves so I can get them dialed in and see where I was having issues feeding everything the same thing

3 Likes

That cut is from pnwstrainhunter

I wanted it for a while but it seems like a very picky variegated sour cut

2 Likes

It is very picky indeed.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen I’m not a fan and it’s not “the one”
It’s alright but needy AF

Why run it if you can get a better sour cut (imo)

1 Like

I’m actually flowering the mom right now, just flipped her yesterday. So we shall see. I have a small cut I tossed in with my Mango Hashplant open pollination and chuck run, she’s pretty happy but is definitely very finicky.

3 Likes

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share the backstory behind Sour Diesel, specifically the version cultivated by Purple City Genetics. A few years back, I had a conversation with Cowboy from Purple City Genetics and NotSoDog, where Cowboy shared an interesting tidbit about the origins of their Sour Diesel. According to Cowboy, their boss sourced the strain from AJ’s friend back in 2003, and that’s the one they hold at Purple City Genetics.

While it’s true that Purple City Genetics didn’t create this Sour Diesel, the story behind its acquisition adds to its allure. I documented a summarized version of our conversation here to preserve the story while it was fresh in my mind. It’s fascinating how the lineage of a strain can be traced back through conversations and connections.

If you’re unsure about which Sour Diesel strain you have, it’s likely because there wasn’t proper documentation tracing its lineage back. Without this paperwork trail, it’s challenging to verify its authenticity or origin. So unless it’s your absolute favorite and you love it, having a strain without documented lineage might not be worth it. The paperwork line is crucial because it helps identify famous strains and their associated cuts, like the renowned Dessert Delight or others you might enjoy.

3 Likes

I mean I don’t know that it has it, but I most definitely suspect it. That mother’s milk 31 cut looked like it too.

I’d run some tests if you can/wanna be sure. 3riversbiotech is $75 for 5 tests. Best I’ve found so far. Farmerfreeman does single tests for 50/55.

2 Likes