East Africa Genes - The Authentic Supplier of Landrace Strains from East African Countries

East Africa Genes was launched in 2020 because I love collecting African landrace strains. It’s the only seedbank that provides growers with a full menu of landrace sativa varieties found in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Malawi.

Some of the most popular African sativa varieties you’ll find are

• Ethiopian Shashamane

• Kilimanjaro sativa aka Elephant Stomper

• Malawi Gold

• Migori sativa - originates from western Kenya and has a special function during annual bull fighting tournaments.

Here’s the menu to the landrace sativa varieties available on retail and wholesale prices.

Moshi sativa, a variation of the Kilimanjaro sativa from Tanzania

Ethiopian Shashamane sativa

44 Likes

@upstate @deeez99 @herbgreen @Uprangewilly the rest can tag others.lol @feloniousmonk @Budderton

8 Likes

Wow I’ll tag along

5 Likes

fantastic !!!

Can you share more about the Ethiopian seeds ?

thx

2 Likes

The Ethiopian Shashamane originates from central Ethiopia. @Upstate has posted it on Overgrow and a few other members.

It produces a strong cerebral highness and some people believe that it might be related to the Lamb’s Bread. The buds have a combination of a spicy mango and earthy tastes.

Here’s a blog post that explains the origin and characteristics

16 Likes

Landrace varieties are so fascinating to me. I really admire folks that keep them alive as they often aren’t the fastest or highest yielding. Just the history attached to them is enough to keep me hooked. Really it’s the history of humankind moving around this massive blue sphere. I recently was blessed w some Angola Red from @420noob and I really can’t wait to give them a whirl. I will watch closely and I’d love to learn more!

8 Likes

The Freakers ran this one for Preservation. I’m having a brain fart right now and I can’t remember who ran it. Oh, here it is…
run/71628https://overgrow.com/t/fbsc-shashamane-reproduction-run/71628

I did smell Mango on one Lambsbread plant…and Shashamane can be Mango…but the structure is different. If I had to guess, I’d say there is some influence from the Middle Eastern genepool, as well as the potential influence of Jamaican ganja, and certainly Local African influence.

16 Likes

Ooh that elephant stomper brings back memories! Very cool!

4 Likes

@InTheWoods i think you and I thunk this one into existence! We were both looking for stomper and this pops up! Come on! Unreal

5 Likes

Just put an order in for the Malawi gold… super excited to get these, service was fast, highly recommended giving them a try if you want some sativas

5 Likes

I have ordered at least half a dozen times And probably more like ten times. Every order has come through. I can only speak about the Malawi from experience. Great stuff. @Tejas ran it for the Freakers.
Running some Uganda next.

11 Likes

@Upstate Have you grown the Shashamane? Just wondering how it compares to the Lambsbread.

2 Likes

No. @District_Flora grew it for seed.

2 Likes

When do you plan on growing it? :grinning:

1 Like

I’ll be growing some of the Shashamane soonish

4 Likes

What do you know about the herb around Iringa?

2 Likes

They mainly smoke Kilimanjaro sativa and the Moshi

4 Likes

Last time i was there i was interacting with some rastas a bit. Are they the ones to go to for good landrace, or no?

I am hoping to come across a farmer who grows their own for medicinal or head stash

2 Likes

The rastas are good people and will link you with some good bud

4 Likes

Order placed, Looking forward to growing Kilimanjaro!
Thanks again.

If Moshi is a pheno of Kilimanjaro, Should have some additional gems in there. :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes