Example of high priced seeds

And that’s the bias. I’ve seen sometimes more than good work, but potentials already in the go to output some fires. I’m feeding a gap of readings of just a couple of years. The evolution of some during this time is quiet impressive.

It’s not about to kill seed’s trading, coop reproductions etc … it’s not so my cup of tea but if ever we have to crush a over hyped four digits ten-bag to spread all over the world and to make it a common freebie for good. I’m all in ^^

The error is to consider OG as a lost island. At one point of the evolution, the occurrences of little fires of OG will increase. It’s not even fully Darwinian, but normal.

And the whole game is a shark tank where OG is not the ruler, but a part of it. My concern is to see these fires recycled somewhere, and to be the only official source of it for the mass.

For the hype-less gear, you’re pushing too much. But i understand the “colors you’re showing” behind the sentence and i respect that.

1 Like

I disagree man. It’s all about evolution. I give seed to OGers, I give seed to grandparents, I give seed to noobs. It’s all democratic and transparent and nobody makes a dime. What difference does it make of OG is the primary source? Has to come from somewhere.

The seed world ain’t what it was 10 years ago.

The seeds I lust after are free.

16 Likes

I told you, i respect this approach. But also the people making seeds outside this strict spectrum.

Free or not, if you’re building a fire weed that become sedentary in all grinders it touch, you get my attention ^^ I’ve personally no philosophical problem with money, just with prices.

You don’t get my point on the sources. I’m not talking about a monopolistic strategy, but to don’t be naive. The profiles we are talking about gain horsepower each time they’re sending seeds, each time they’re receiving feedback and grow logs, each time they relaunch a round in their space.

At one point, something competitive is coming out. It does not come from the philosophy behind it, but by the quality of the weed. And it will land somewhere outside OG, you can be sure on that specifically because even in the most closed-private circle there is always a porosity at one point of quality.

When i find a surprising hybrid that i want to grow a longer time, i search datas. From where it come, how it’s made, what’s behind the marketing. Can i see grow logs talking about this strain …

It should land here in the end of the chain if the fire is born here. It’s also a manner to protect the dynamic but it’s another subject more on the history of boards.

I personally don’t feel any difference between now and ten years ago. I’m European, for me it’s just another US cycle after a few others. But for american citizens, it’s something. They have included fully cannabis in their economy. For me the twos checkpoint are the middle of the 90 and the 2000-2005 rush of democratization.

2 Likes

We have a Bingo!!!

4 Likes

I’m not sure I take your point. “Oh no fantastic weed X is not going to be available to me?”

When everybody has seeds in their possession much of the mystique will fade away. I’m much more inclined to grow something with place names in it than some fancy compound name. It just suits me better.

Hell, you can buy seeds from the government.

1 Like

No, too. It’s not even close to my point. I’m talking about a collective porosity that can’t be stopped.
I’m not a fanboy of the north korea system, i don’t really care about what’s going on an individual scale.

By the way I can understand the passion behind the “fear of missing out”, or the passion behind the “vault” game. Each his poison.

I remember we did the same in the 70s - mainly because we could pinch it out of my buddies parents medicine cabinet. Valium, Codeine, Black Beauties, Quaaludes. The parents had more (legal) drugs than the kids. And not that I recommend (or did on purpose), but had buddies just popping off the car gas cap and take a big sniff. Bunch of dumb asses.

1 Like

I’ve been sucked into a few high priced seeds and although a few have been unique and cool, can’t really say they live up the hype.

It’s gotten to the point where I’m thinking about getting some landraces and making my own.

I really like the look of this Kandahar

I’d love to get this and cross it over a GG4RIL or my prized Gorilla Breath

Anyone done any work with landraces similar to this? I’d love to talk

9 Likes

ST#3 x pure Ghanaian, grown by a friend. I show this one because it’s the more practical to show the mother (Ghanaian) and to compare :

I’ve tryed a fews others combinations, the landrace was always eating the hybrid even when they was very close (dutch afghani x pure afghani). By that i mean it take a few generations before being able to be in the right conditions to have a leverage on the balance of the twos. The time for the hybrid to become just a “spice” in the new hybrid.

I’ve only make them to learn on dominances of the hybrids used (dominance tests), no real goal behind.

To do it seriously i think that juggling with a BX program is the right way. To maintain the ratio of the hybrid used higher&sooner. A work mostly by “touchs”.

Or a totally different approach in searching the best combination to obtain a true genetic shock able to generate something fun. Getting a bunch of various landraces, then using the pollen of each on an unique hybrid clone choosen (GG in your case).

After that, you launch a dozen of seeds per line and you work on the most unstable F1 line of all. You don’t need space, just plenty of seedlings all over the place. In maximum twos weeks you known with which line to work and which landrace is the best to shake the gens of your hybrid.

After that, launch seeds of the identified line and find you poison in the mess ^^

5 Likes

But it’s signed by Berner! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::roll_eyes:

12 Likes

Makes sense that there’s dollar signs on the pack. To me since it’s signed by Berner it’s worth about $1450 less from the sale price :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly! Fuck that noise

1 Like

1500 :joy::joy::joy: I thought who got it at 500 was suckers :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Well said, and I’m about to sound like I’m disagreeing but I really do not I just need to mention the obligatory, “…but most of the major early nationally known and scene-changing strains were accidental herms in a room full of great genetics.” I mean think about it for a minute it’s pretty wild. Anyway, again I say it, but disagree with it in principle—but it does always make me stop and think.

Take professor p, for example, he clearly selects specific expressions over multiple, multiple generations. Breeding generations pretty much until the pheno expressions are almost as consistent with true breeding ratios…so much so he sells his packs with pheno a., b., or a., b., c., d., etc…describing each perfectly. And also in my opinion makes the seed buying decision very suspenseful and exciting thinking about which pheno i will get or are hoping to get. P breeds rarities, consistently.

Then, there’s someone like Katsu—who I absolutely love his gear, am a platinum club member, so I am not badmouthing him whatsoever. Unlike P though, he takes known breeder cuts and either reverses one to cross to the other, or itself, or finds a recessive male—if y’all don’t know his “technique” I’d love to share, I’m actually about to test it.

But anyway I’ve grown as much of professor P as I have Katsu, and so far zero true keepers have come from P—all absolutely fire, but there’s better ones in the pack.

But with Katsu’s seeds I found my 2nd keeper I’ll try to have for life in the first 5 seeds (total) of his I popped. I have a black lime bubba pheno that just screams charred lime…it’s so unique and the taste is obviously lime and no other citrus, so damn good. I say all this because he just sells F1’s and I found my rarity in his pack.

It’s just funny how that can happen. I’m only in my 3rd seed making round and about to attempt a reversal; but, even now I have enough experience to know the level of patience paired with the number of impossibly hard decisions (with a super keen eye to the small details on the keepers) P continuously made is nothing short of incredible. The consistency he shows when his seeds produce stable results 98% of the time.

Any thoughts on this or am I totally wrong? I’d love to see what y’all think.

It’s amazing. This plant.

8 Likes

Still available ? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You’re speaking about twos different styles of breeding that i’m unable to compare (in knowing both), and considering your specific context your comparison make sense. imho it’s more a symbiosis of need/offer that really a competitive aspect, just my opinion.

1 Like

I can’t front, I just dropped $111 on a 6 pack of Gary poppins fems from exotic genetics

7 Likes

Same here. I spend too much on seeds. But I do it to myself.

2 Likes

Since this I’ve read so many gd reports of exotics stuff herming got my anxiety high and they’re still vegging. Probably gonna hit em with the optic foliar switch, can’t spend that kinda money on seeds and not get smoke from em🫤

4 Likes

well I assume we can earn more then spend buuut… who can stop me to use it by my self