Example of high priced seeds

this gave me the giggles haha

1 Like

Honestly, I like trolling rich kids, so offering a line say mango at 2$ a seed then offering another mango but hype it “this is cannabis grand wizardry, made with top of the line technologies. First of his kind” blah blah for 75$ a seed but they’re really the same line.

Is it morally wrong? Meh.

Wine industry does it all the time… same wine. 3 different bottles. 3 different price ranges. 3 different markets. Yes really.

And people will swear up and down one is better than the other hahah

7 Likes

I can attest this as fuck. Assembled wines too, re-bottled ^^

3 Likes

100% aggree with ya on everything you said. I’ve seen that same stuff myself.

2 Likes

You’re saying this wine on my shelf is blended shit?

2 Likes

My grocery store uses different price points depending on the neighbourhood they’re in.

Could be :wink:

Same goes for aged spirits…

They make 7 years bacardi rum by mixing a little 10 year in 5 year and call it 7 lol

5 Likes

Interesting. I’ve never been concerned with the age of my spirits. I used to make them and aerating them with oak does the same thing. Similarly the cuts eliminate the need for further aging but maybe it’s just me.

But bottles aged, yeah, I mean I don’t drink anymore, but I used to.

1 Like

Yes many ways to “cheat” and some can get really close to the real thing, fortunately nothing replaces time :wink:

3 Likes

Agreed. But like I said I don’t drink anymore so it’s moot.

Bacardi rum never sees a wooden barrel to age Im a moonshiner so I know the taste and colour of rum aged in wood barrels. Most whiskys use colouring to fool people into thinking its been oak aged.
You can fake age spirits through various methods but any shiner who knows their trade could tell just by look and smell. Spirits only mature in wood, never in glass.

3 Likes

I agree with you mostly, but I’d argue that my speed oak technique is better than time.

I can’t attest to how different locals choose to do what they do, that said I worked for many years in a distillery doing filtration, assembling, QC etc and they indeed had barrel aged bacardi (and other makes)

Each company defines their criterias for filtration and a lot of brands cheap out that step

2 Likes

I bow to your greater knowledge but find it extremely hard to believe that any bacardi goes into wood. Having just looked you are 100% correct so apologies for my nonsense post.

Bacardi is a brand with many different offerings, they have higher end aged stuff.

1 Like

Yes I see my word were nonsense, even more so the second one as Ive just seen brown bacardi, I always considered it a white rum. I shall got sit on the idiot step for half hour.

If any one is looking for expensive seeds I can sell you some for as much as you like

5 Likes

It’s np ! I get those derp moments too haha

Now idk what’s trade secret or not, I had to sign 50 pages of NDAs when I quit but if you put a brown rum through a brita filter it’ll come out clear :yum:

6 Likes

Im so used to the white bacardi crap they sell in the UK thats pumped out a 40%/ 80 proof I assumed all bacardi was white.

I see now they also do aged white rum so as you say they must filter it. Sounds crazy to me. Ive made my own for so long now I never buy it. I have a nice 75%/150 proof one barrelled at the mo waiting for crimbo.

It cold here on this idiot step, can I go in the warm now.

All the best

3 Likes

Continued success sir. :pray:

1 Like

Just making up prices now

8888/11… That’s 808 per seed.

9 Likes