Example of high priced seeds

I can see the prompt now- ChatGPT give me a seed description in the style of a Hong Kong travel brochure written by Carlos Castaneda.

6 Likes

This has to be a long con marketing gimmick.

Advertise seeds for 10 gorillion dollars

Breed/S1 with those seeds (or say you did)

Claim you’re new hype cross was made with “the 10 gorillion dollar (strain here)”, or that you have the 10 gorillion dollar (strain here) S1, and sell the seeds for a much lower, yet still insane, price.

4 Likes

I’d be incredibly skeptical of someone claiming to be Sam the Skunkman when they’re just so happening to be selling something the general public is clamoring for. Doesn’t seem like his style to be on a site like that selling a product with that description. Especially considering he would probably advertise on Icmag at the very least. Which skunk generations of Sams did Kevin try? I remember reading a quote from Nevil talking about the different skunk work Sam had. Sam talks about having barrels full of seeds. It’s more likely Sam has the putrid skunk stuff, even if it’s buried in recessive traits. A while back he released some ancestral skunk via Breeders Retail. Those along with his other work via Cultivators Choice has always been pretty realistically priced. Someone claiming to be Sam selling something that just so happens to be popular at a price far removed from his regular price schedule on a website other than Icmag just seems like a scam artist trying to scam. It’s hard to believe that’s really Sam. Many blessings and much love

3 Likes

Sorry, go look the ad it might still be there. As to all the particulars, you gotta dialog Sam or Kevin. I have no answers for you. I don’t know.

Scammers are a predictable bunch :roll_eyes:

Skunkman stopped selling beans publicly when mick jagger finished high-school :joy::joy:

Not to be ignored… i assume dood has an incredible collection but one thing he does not have is rks. So there’s that eh

6 Likes

Also dood is worth 3.8 billion. He does not give a fuck about your 20$

3 Likes

He got half the GW acquisition? Jazz pharmaceuticals or something like that at approximately 7 billion? I’m unaware of his financial stakes in that regard. It’s a whole thing over there too, across the pond. I’ve read others scathing remarks over the political maneuvering that supposedly helped shape the ability for them to do so without competition. It’s hard to even comprehend that amount of cash. An instant sense of moral obligation to help humanity is my initial reaction, how could I help type feeling. I hope others have similar feelings. Many blessings and much love

2 Likes

Totally agree, the whole RKS thing seems to more modern terminology because going back looking at old price guides and such things went from being called by their region of origin like Colombian, Jamaican, and such to being called hybrid names like Skunk, but I haven’t yet seen any mention of RKS in the older era publications.

As for my thought that Sam likely has a given genetics, it’s only because of his own claims and the substance of that isn’t lost upon me. I don’t care what he has or doesn’t have unless he’s sharing the seeds with the community or otherwise making them available to the retail market at a reasonable price. It’s helpful to be reminded of that, thank you. Many blessings and much love

3 Likes

The skunk thing is a permanent part of the gene pool… it exists… it went by many names…

I tried to pinpoint when rks started being called by that but with older publishers getting pulled without being archived it’s a crap shoot.

It did go by skunk bud etc and it is very real… i touched it… smoked it… grown it… it’s some kind of an anomaly… the right parts being doubled up and bam…the damn thing consumes most on my free time.

It tested the best growers… all the best breeders… all failed …
Many fell… none survived the quest…

But 'round here… we call it home :wink:

9 Likes

I always thought it was a dileneation. There’s generic skunk, skunk no. 1, sweet skunk, and road kill skunk.

All of which were sold as “skunk”, along with probably hundreds of other probably unrelated strains on the black market between the dawn of time and 2000 ad.

8 Likes

WOW !! Look what I found at Great Lakes Genetics ---- New Breeder: Genetics Designer (Dragon Collection) prices range fro $2,222.00 to $8,888.00 for regs even some $4.444.00 a pack AND they state that there is only 1 pack left of each strain ! Let all pull our money - OH yea they regs (10 count) what is that a seed ?? what the hell is going on now-a-days - some one please explain to me these prices did they come from the moon lander or sent back from Mars

2 Likes

You’re mistaken their seeds grow dragons.

6 Likes

thats one of the gage green genetics geniuses lol

3 Likes

And the dragons fart magical crystals.

6 Likes

THC diamonds. And there’s a lighter on the other end so it’s really convenient.

3 Likes

It practically pays for itself. It’s like one of those perpetual harvest plants. Money.In.The.Bank.

2 Likes

But you gotta feed it princesses which adds up fast.

2 Likes

I know a guy.

2 Likes

You gotta connect for cheap princesses?

Princess kibble?

You’d be amazed what falls off the back of a yacht. My friend, he’s just minding his own business and Ba-da-bing, Ba-da-Bang… a surfeit of princesses.

1 Like