Example of high priced seeds

It’s like a chum mine!

1 Like

Yes, it’s like chumming for princesses.

These prices didn’t come from mars, they came from good ole Michael Fang. Now with his new venture, “Genetic Designer” he raised the prices 1,000% from the over priced seeds offered from GGG, which he used to be a part of, and are now “on sale” for 50% off at all the banks that carry Gage Green Group Seeds.
Hell, good old Fang won’t even put pictures up of his bunk that he’s asking $5k for a pack of seeds. Don’t expect to see prices for GD seeds to drop at all, since anyone who buys them are supporting his “Designer” lifestyle, $600 jeans, $1k tennis shoes, $300 Tshirts, $2k jacket, etc.
Fang thinks he’s blessed with some kind of higher spiritual power, and his seeds are the “greatest” available. So great, that pictures are a close guarded secret, that’s why you will never see photos of any of his work.
I personally don’t care for him, his attitude, or his high priced seeds. I smoked some GGG strain that they wanted $600 a pack for, and it wasn’t anything special, a $65 pack from Briscos Bargain Beans got my higher, for 1/10th of the price.
You have to be part of an “Elite” rich crowd to be able to afford his seeds, which is exactly what he wants, to sell overpriced seeds of mediocre smoke to rich people who think they have something Elite.

3 Likes

You have to join his OnlyFans to see those pictures.

Dang ole Amos Otis’s prices must have gone up with inflation.
He’s a great dude, I did a lot of trading with him.

3 Likes

Did gold high-top tennis shoes go with them?

3 Likes

The dragons that grow from these seeds actually smoke from an early age

Even into adulthood

12 Likes

Skunk in the 70’s and early 80’s was a number of different types of weed, long before it became a designated thing. An old friend that grew in No Baja up in the mountains, grew some of the best I’ve ever had. Big dank, stinky buds with the happiest high ever, or least thats how I remember it?

Having been away from all this for 30+ years it seems strange to think that someone effectively trademarked something that was a descriptor of a type of weed that came from lots of different places.

Somewhere in my photo box is a picture from my first trip to Amsterdam in 1980. Back then there were 3 ring binders they would drop on your table when you went for coffee at the better coffee houses. A whole section was dedicated to skunk from around the world. I was in heaven.

3 Likes

Abstrax, Kevin kobe and team says they identified a novel compound responsible for skunk smell in plants and thus patented it etc perso I think it’s bs hah thiols, esters and the like and skunk spray composition been known for 100 years.

When I first started to study skunk history and reading people’s descriptions it was clear there were many genotypes expressing skunk smell and differences in morphology could not be explained by phenotypic variation alone.

Happy high vs debilitating, red pistils vs hairless, spears vs rock hard buds vs fluffy afghan, lime green vs dark etc

I got an old skunk line and there must be 40 different genotypes in that line alone

5 Likes

In the US at least it grew out of the Mexican lines from what I heard? The old big sur line was what we were told. Living in SoCal most of our weed was gold or red. I remember the first time I had bright green neon buds that reeked. It was a good day

3 Likes

ShaBud 707 talks about the whole Catpiss Debacle that happened just before Covid when James Loud put out the Catpiss cup trying to find the Original San Diego Catpiss.None Delivered I dont even know if 707 was there or even Tdogg who supposedly Created the Catpiss strain from a G13 snowbud which inhave looked high and low for 4 years and i can not pinpoint it to this day.I smell possible bullshit and i favor Shabuds reason on why Tdogg is just hyping his seeds and not the creator,Might have made something pissy but not “The Catpiss”.Long story short He said The Piss was a whole bunch of different plants that smelled like Piss not just one it was a couple if it smelled like piss people called it piss hence all the different names Clairs Piss Natedog piss Pittsburgh piss and Uncle bob which is the only oddball that was what 707 got his hands on and was the weakest one.I think skunk was the same it was a bunch of plants that were extremely obnoxious loud and if it had that Skunky Heineken smell people called it skunk.Sha said his favorite was The natedog piss which was a haze of some type some of the others were more indica some sativa was a salad bowl of different types

1 Like

The one thing I can speak with authority on is the BS that goes on between supposed partners in the SoCal “Party favors” industry. Someday I’m going to write a book about the OG bubblegum surf wax company. Some funny ass shit.

2 Likes

Some kind of Mexican x afghan would make a lot of sense and kinda explain the different versions we saw over time I think

1 Like

I have big sur holy weed x afghan for instance.

3 Likes

I haven’t gone down the cat piss rabbit hole yet, I did the dog shit one recently and it wasn’t nearly as much of a mystery as people made it out to be…

All I know of catpiss in a general way is inbreeding equatorials into the ground give rise to catpiss phenos… some believe it’s the end of a line

Read somewhere it goes something something… diesel… catpiss… death

4 Likes

Somewhere is a screenshot of an oldtimer speaking of giant California kind bud from the 70s being Hawaiian x afghan. From this cross came skunk and a bunch of crazy lines according to him

Edit: you mentioning big sur triggered this memory, so heres the quote

"Cool thread, I have experience with the original skunk bud from the 80s, wanted to share with you, maybe it can help. It has nothing to do with sk#1.
It was 85-88, I had the hookup, it was old school Humboldt County Death bud, smelled just like a skunk. Stunk through baggies, no way to hide the smell except with a film can. Everybody called it skunk bud. Anyway, years later I wound up hooking up with a network of old school growers in the Bay, a group that had been growing since the 60s, one of the older men, he told me that most of the original California kind bud could be traced to Big Sur, and spiraled out from there, a single 70s cross of Hawaiian sativas and a type of Afghan seed that was brought in large quantity by a hash smuggler in the 60s, he had purchased thousands of seeds from his connection in Afghanistan. I can’t remember the name of the hash but it always came in red paper with a wax seal and was some of the best hash and was fairly common in California back in the day. The name of this hash is on the tip of my tongue, but I can’t remember. I’ve actually smoked plenty of it, it was the most common of the really fine old-school Afghan hash.

Weed from this type of hash crossed with the best Hawaiian.

This was a very diverse cross but this cross is where the the old school giant California kind bud comes from, and there are 2 basic types over the years, the more popular and because of this, much more common type was the skunk which was Afghan dominant, and it was the most popular for its smell and resin content but mostly it was a giant Indica with huge buds and unheard of yields and ready in early September, sometimes before. The other pheno was also a giant and fairly early but more sweet with Hawaiian style buds, not as heavy or dense etc, but it was that special stock of Afghan dominant wide leaf plants that got massive like

Hawaiian but gave super skunky dense Afghan style buds with volume of fat Hawaiian buds, and this skunk line became the must have strain to grow because of its hardiness, yield, potency and wicked smell. It was so much heavier and more hardy, and superior than any other strain that it took over and was proliferated all over the northwest by the 80s, and didn’t become a rarity until the Dutch weed took over in the 90s"

3 Likes

Theres a screenshot of Neville on one of the forums talking about how Sam told him he Came up with Skunk.Said Sam was walking a huge Field of Mexican ,Colombian and they think maybe a Thai that was hidden away and the boys were running it and got away with it for a long time,as they were walking the field Bam he found it right there all developed like a natural selection Says Swear To God thats what Sam said.Lol What the fuck

3 Likes

I collect screenshots hahah

:wink:

6 Likes

I don’t know who Sam is but I grew up in San Diego early 70’'s till 89. Because of the port of San Diego, the Navy and Marine presence, plus gateway to Mexico we had access to pretty much the best of everything.from all over the world. Google the “Coronado Company.”

Skunk weed was probably introduced in the 76-79 period, and was relatively common place by mid
80s. I smoked a lot of it.

If you’re interested in this read the book Weed by Jerry Kamstra. Jerry was the breeder (if you want to call him that) who clamed to have created the big sur line.

My own 2 pennies. Having grown up in the midst of all this and knowing most of the players Id add two things.

All these people were serious stoners, doing a lot of drugs, trying to sell enough to not have to work, and more importantly not have to pay for all the shit going up their noses and down their bongs. It was a circus of characters. Some were cool, some were tough guys and some just got caught up in the fun.

I love many of those people and am certain you all know the types of characters I’m talking about.

It’s fun to idolize it all now but I’m pretty sure most of it is BS. Please don’t take offense just one guys opinion

11 Likes

Yup thats the one

1 Like

Sam is like the George soros of the canna world lol

Jerry kamstra’s name sounds familiar, pretty sure I came across it reading around big sur hollyweed etc

I’ll check out the book

And yeah… I hear you loud and clear about people and bs, I just have to watch how people recall insignificant shit in regular day to day life and turn it into a grandiose Greek story, I can only imagine how much bs is inserted in all these pot legends lol

4 Likes