Colorado Sativas

The Punta Rojo looks fantastic.

3 Likes

How long do you have until it gets too chilly?

Looking great just worried you may need to pull em down before they are ready.

3 Likes

Thank you.

I’m hoping the Mexican will be finished by the end of the month, as both parents finished by the end of October last year. As for the PuntoRojo, I believe she will need more time. We generally begin getting freezes beginning in the first half of November and I’ll harvest her early if i need to. I had a similar issue last year with the Mulanjes I grew. They probably could have kept going until December/January, but I harvested in early November and she still smokes great. The “premature” Mulanje is probably the strongest weed in my weedpantry. :grin:

9 Likes

has anyone ever germed any of the Acapulco Gold red stem bx?

I am 0/4 so far. i gave up on it as all the other seeds i got from CS popped just fine.

maybe they need a tech applied, but not sure which one.

1 Like

Well atleast shes pretty and strong ! your best looking for the long flowering mexicans 14 + weeks, growing those and for sativa effect selecting the longest flowering of those. Some Mexican herb may have indian broadleaf ganja genetics from early 1920-30’s via parke davis/eli lilly even if if a true heirloom. Or it is some mex hybrid brick tourist weed, same story, longer running phenoes might be great.

2 Likes

I’ve been posting updates (and will continue to) in the Landraces of India thread, but this season I did my first outdoor with a pair of sister plants from CS, the Malana Village sativa Hashplant reproduction from Old World Organics’ original (2012?) collection. I named them Malana Garage and Malana Pasture, based on where they’re growing. They’ve been absolutely bulletproof and delicious smelling (lemony hand wipes, purple grape juice, “hashy” but a bright one, and now it’s maturing to a complex floral that reminds me of the best DJ Short Flo that I’ve had, which is a particular favorite in effect and flavor for me.

I’m at 43N in central New England, inland and in a sunny river valley at just a few hundred feet of elevation. This is going on the roster every year now with how they have shrugged off the wind and rain we’ve had all summer, we were one of the ten wettest places in the country at one point a few months ago. Very little septoria to pick off, great open structure and unique stems that bend easily but refuse to snap, great recovery from supercropping and storm blows. A winner for backyard or guerilla in New England, I’d say.

I bet she’s perfectly happy in a swamp given how well Garage has done with very limited direct sunlight all year. She’s extended and reached in that way that says she’d just adapt to a filtered forest light situation and find the sunbeams to move and grow towards, the leaf phototropism seems quite fast to move towards shifting sun.

7 Likes

@Dirt_Wizard Those Malana look great. Have you taken any samples yet?

2 Likes

Got a sample branch drying now!

5 Likes

:partying_face:

3 Likes

Awesome man! I had seen you post of this Malana and though hey, this will work great for me around the Great Lakes and picked up a pack to run. They look well suited for the type of weather that I would subject them to.

3 Likes

Happy to be of service, my OG! You can thank @US3RNAM3 for handing me the seeds when I said I was interested in trying this one for outdoor, it’s a really good match for a humid and cool climate, I think. @Upstate is probably going to try it in Northern NY, we should get a whole band of folks growing it out in the 43-45N. I still have a few seeds left but I’ll be hitting up Gerry when I have the cash to grab another few packs to reproduce and hand out around here to folks.

4 Likes

I don’t think it will finish here, but I’ll most likely try anyway. Seasons end is now here. I’m THE LAST person that knows what I’ll be growing next summer lol. Mr Wishywashy Gemini never knows til germination time. Too many landraces I want to get into😁 to be 100% sure…but I like what I’m seeing. I need a lower elevation for these to do well, and i have lots of friends eager to grow their first plants next summer, so if I don’t get into them, I’ll gift them to a friend that will. Mine are from Preservation Exchange

5 Likes

I’m 47N in a humid climate. A robust sativa is my hunt. Manala has great reputation. Season ends now too (start of the rainy season), but I still have some outdoor, I’m beginning to stress for them. :smiley:

4 Likes

QUEEN MOTHER SATIVA:

We tried a few of the broken off during the wash nugs the day after washing, and holy shit!

Flavour: Spicy green pepper

Effect:

Followed by:

ezgif.com-optimize(80)

Get it, grow it, love it!

:v: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

34 Likes

Very befitting of the name, she is REGAL!

4 Likes

You ever look at Thaiphoon? That’s a cool Danish Thai semi-auto line that’s been grown up there for decades now and is super fast. I think they have a Lebanese they call Leb27 that’s also semi- and super fast but less sativa. In general it seems like the Danes have been bringing home landrace seeds from abroad for many decades now and breeding them to harsh short northern seasons at 50N or worse

5 Likes

I know of typhoon if that’s the one you talk about? Sounds very appealing for that, but it’s out of stock for now at nordicgenetics. Indeed there’s some good things to look at on the danish side. Leb27 is also interesting me. @Arnold UEL too :smiley:

1 Like

I hope you’re going to make a nice hiking stick with that stem. Love the descriptors for effect. Have some seeds of this I will try for sure.

2 Likes

Yes @Arnold Ultra Early Love is supposed to be one of the best!

There is one more pack in stock at Seedheaven :stuck_out_tongue::smiley::+1::100:

5 Likes

ThaiPassion- Thaipan 2.0 (landrace thai sativa autoflower) x Danish Passion

Reminds me of this one…

4 Likes